AuthorMessage
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 6:41 am

You can get physically stuck (slow, stall, not reach goal) and you can get mentally stuck (overdependent on scales, depresssed with less weight off, still making wrong food choices) in places.

You just have to change your mind set, roll with the punches and keep up your motivation and the people on this site certainly help with that!

Thanks again to all the people who have helped me.
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

Go Keridwyn! You made 200 posts & "part of the furniture"!

Ker, you are so well informed, self educating (the best kind!) and committed - Iam convinced that not only will the weight move down again, but that youll meet goal and even exceed it!

Best of luck and some magic fairy dust to help you on your path
Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg 217555
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 9:10 pm

I have been good with my food choices and exercise but still go stuck and have had a small regain. I now bounce about 4kg but if i reach the top know I can do a short stint on Opti to help me get back down.

I agree with previous posts. You need to know you might not reach goal (which is what is happening rather than "stuck") but you need to work out if this does happen are you prepared to cope emotionally.

In the end I have changed from a size 22 to a 12/14. My best ever on diet was 89kg and I am currently 86. My lowest since sleeve was 82. My sleeve is not a failure but I am in a mid point that is a hard emotional place to be.

I have some new tools now that I am using to help restart the loss but this far out when you have made all the changes already, eat lightly and do all you can it can be difficult to accept that you need to do more than others for whom the weight comes of much easier.

I have accepted it tho as this is my journey for life and giving up on me is what caused my weight issues in the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 5:18 pm

There is stuck, and there are plateaus. As was posted below, if the weight loss stops and one is eating high fat foods and drinking high calorie drinks, there will be no reason for the body to drop weight. Remember it takes fewer calories to maintain a lower weight.

If one is eating well and weight loss stalls or plateaus, then all one can do it wait it out. I hit a 4-6 week stall 5 months out, and just had to recognize the plateau.

After the stall, I continued and am continuing to lose weight. The numbers are smaller the closer one gets to the healthy balance of muscle and fat in the body, but that is not getting stuck, that is the math of it.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 8:04 am

Not much good of worrying about it, we all don't get stuck around 85 kgs and you might not either!
Back to top Go down
~*camelia*~

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Worried I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 4:06 am

Hi slaps,

I got down to 90kgs pre sleeve. But it took me going to the gym 5 times a week and working out like a maniac, plus following a really strict high protein, low carb diet.

I lasted maybe 2 or 3 weeks at this weight before it all started to creep back on as my ability to keep up the strenuous training program lessened.

From my point of view after having the sleeve and being stuck:
whilst I have been stuck at 85kg, I have been on holiday to Bali and not gained weight, I have had birthday celebrations and not gained any weight, I have had a back injury and not gained any weight, it is coming up to christmas and I can be sure I will not put on any weight either.
If this had been me at the same time last year I would have easily put on at least 10kg if not more. The back injury would have been a big eating trigger for me pre surgery.

Whilst being stuck, I have eaten take-aways, Mc donalds, eaten ice cream and chocolate and all the bad things available. Last year (pre surgery) I would have just kept on getting bigger and bigger, and more and more miserable. This year I have lost and gained the same couple of kilos but never put on any more than about 2 kg so my body has basically stayed the same and I have been getting miserable. Oh and I hurt my back because of carrying my kids on my hips, so I have not been able to exercise much either.
The good thing that this thread did for me was to show me it wasn't the end of the world, it is just a blip and it has got me back on track.

It is a really good thing to demonstrate to everyone that the sleeve isn't the miracle solution, it still requires work from you. You can't have the sleeve and expect the weight just to fall off without any effort on your part, you will get to a point where you have to work for it...but at least you have the sleeve to help you with portion control and to remind you when you have eaten too much or the wrong thing (i still can't eat pasta or fluffy bread without it hurting)
You can still eat the bad stuff after being sleeved (chocolate, cake, chippies, alcohol etc) and if you constantly graze on them you are not going to lose the weight. But eat the right things, remember to eat and eat treats in moderation you will lose the weight AND keep it off.
Use this thread to stop yourself from being complacent after the surgery, but don't use this thread as a reason not to be sleeved.

I was at the lower end of the scale pre-surgery and was one of the lighter patients my surgeon had operated on, so I don't have huge quantities to lose, which is maybe why I have plateau'd a lot sooner than many. Anyway I weighed myself this morning and I am 85kg again...a 3 kg loss this week, although I have been really sick with the flu and an evil chest infection so it is not a real reflection on my new and improved attitude to eating, but we will see how it goes this week.

hope this all makes some sense!! my brain is still a little bit fuzzy with germs!!
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 12:29 pm

Hi Slaps,

I'm not near the 85 kilo - a long way to go! But I was wondering if I can be cheeky and ask what you weigh now and what your goal is?

I guess this thread came about because it was clear that the positive experiences were outweighing the negative and those who were struggling weren't comfortable in speaking up. I've seen people speak up and there seems to be some kind of relief in doing so.

I can say that one reason why I went with surgery versus just doing it by diet and exercise was for a few reasons and the two main reasons - I've tried everything and if I lost 20 kilos I'd seriously regain 30 kilos ... the other reason, to keep the weight off. I am somewhat concerned about this all not working but I believe this is my best chance at success and so far so good.

You will see the phrase a lot on the forum "the sleeve is a tool" and it's true, just as Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Tony Ferguson and so on but I really believe it is the best tool of my life time and thinking about it - I've probably spent just as much on every diet and magic potion out there and I always end up back at the same point - morbidly obese and miserable.

My apologies if I sound too preachy ...
Back to top Go down
Slaps
Part of the furniture
Slaps

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 10:42 am

Hi team,

Happy I have some doubt into my mind. Well not doubt not sure what word but there is always good and dad and I have read the good and got really excited and have not thought about the bad. Not that losing 20 to 30kg is bad just expensive lol.

I have not been sleeved yet so this scares me but also make me prepare which is good.

Can I ask for those that have got stuck around 85 if you have ever lost weight yourself what have you gotten to?

Was thinking in my head if I have been past 85kg before I might be right but time will let and now it is something that I am aware of thank you.

Last edited by Carrie on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : split from thread)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlapsSleeve
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg   Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg Empty

Back to top Go down

Wondering if I'll get stuck at 85kg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: