Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any advice with food??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Any advice with food?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice with food??   Any advice with food?? EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 5:09 am

Protein first.

These are the magic words.

With the new reduced capacity of the tummy, you have to put the best stuff in first.

And, be nice to the still healing organ My surgeon explained this so well, that the new scar line on the tummy is hard, just as the scars on your belly are hard. There is very little flexibility right now with your tummy with the hard scar line. Do not push it. The hard scar line is a benefit, as you are required to eat less volume. Use this advantage.

Protein first.

Best,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Any advice with food??   Any advice with food?? EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 3:38 am

I agree, you are only 4 weeks out.
My surgeon said no gym work for 6 weeks.
I started with walking.

Definitely not enough protein in your diet.
Your slow weight loss will be because you are not eating enough.
You have to eat to lose weight, or your body will go into starvation mode, and hang onto every gm.

You need something high in protein to start your day.
ie shake (You don't have to use optifast, tony ferguson, kate morgan, anything that tastes better LOL!!), but it you can't face those anymore, have a sachet of Uncle Tobys Weightwise Oats made with cup skim - 14 gms protein.

Also check out the recipe section, lots of good ideas in there.

Any advice with food?? 217555 Any advice with food?? 217555
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Go easy   Any advice with food?? EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 3:24 am

Be gentle with yourself, you are only four weeks out and still learning about your new tum and inturn your new life.
I started with water aerobics at four weeks and even then the bopping up and down made me feel sick. You really have to take things easy. You have had major surgery, whether you can see it or not. :)

Food can be a real pain, eating for one, or even trying to make family meals adapt. My daughter said after 6 weeks pls mum no more STEW! But I make food for them and food for me, if I know I can't eat theirs. You need 50-60 grams of protein a day. If you can't do it with meat, have a second shake or protein powder.

Garlic prawns without the rice, ( about 4-6 little from the deli in coles) buy in grams and divide for the freezer.
chicken any sort done in slow cooker...apricot, curry, honey mustard. Make little ones and freeze for next time.
I found some of the precooked frozen meals good, just don't eat the rice or pasta portion.
shepherds pie, bolognese, or tuna casserole and avoid the pasta and potato...
Protein snack bars
smoked salmon and ricotta on cruskits
red salmon and mayo
All sorts of eggs

There is a recipe section on this site, go there for more helpful hints. Cheers Psychomum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Any advice with food??   Any advice with food?? EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 3:10 am

I was sleeved on the 15th June so my 1 month sleeveaversary is this friday...
I have started up at the gym got killed last night in a PT session for weights, just a word of warning to all... Dont push urself too hard as u will throw up and then have the shakes and feel like dying.. I am still feeling the effects today, having the shakes and still filling quiet off...

Does anyone else have the issue of eating waiting the 30mins to drink, drinking then finding in the next 5mins ur hungry??
I dont think that I am eating enough...

This is what I am eating in a day:
Breakfast: Some milk drink probably about 200ml
Lunch: 2x Cruskit with cheese & maybe ham
Dinner: I always struggle what to eat for dinner as I need to go food shopping.. So probably what I had for lunch..

I know I am not eating enough protein.. I am also probably drinking about 1.2L of liquid a day.. not water though... to be honest I really have no idea what I should be eating... I mean I have my list of foods from my dietician, I am just having trouble putting them into meals... I feel a little lost... any help would be much appreciated...

My weight is moving at a snails pace.. I cant believe how slow it is moving.. I thought that it would be coming off a little faster... I was aiming for 1kg a week... I am lucky if I am losing 200grams a week... I am hoping that it is going to pick up pace...

Thanks
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any advice with food??   Any advice with food?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any advice with food??
Page 1 of 1