5 posters
AuthorMessage
junglefever
junglefever

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-11-10

advice anyone??????????????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 4:18 am

Thanks ladies!!!

I'm so greatful I found this site, I would have waited til the 12 months was up. I'l call the surgeon this week. Thank you for taking the time to reply.. you have saved me the disenheartment of perhaps waiting longer then ness...

p.s. my son left a message on my fridge saying... " be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when theyre gone" lol heres to paying good advice forward.

cheeky but cute !advice anyone??????????????? 314541

lex
Back to top Go down
kittymeow
kittymeow

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 11:05 pm

I would get the ball rolling soon. I was silly & waited the entire 12 months before approaching a surgeon. Then I had to wait another 3 months for surgery as they couldnt fit me in earlier and needing various tests. I ended up having surgery 15 months after taking out PHI
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 10:50 pm

I agree with the others, it is probably worth at least going for an initial consult now.

Different surgeons have very different procedures in terms of what pre-op tests and consults are required, so if the surgeon you are seeing happens to be one who requires a more extensive pre-op work up, you will have plenty of time to do it. I know some of the GS surgeons only book their theatre lists one or two months in advance and mine would't put me on the list until I had completed all the pre-op requirements and had my final consult with him, but you may as well get the ball rolling. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

Hi

I would start now! Get into your surgeon, book the op and go as soon as phi kicks in!

It's 12 mths wait for pre existing conditions too so they can't get you on that one!

Good luck, it will go sooo quick!

Kas
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

i booked my surgery about 3mths before it, i met with the surgeon abut 4 mths before. booked the surgery in so as soon the phi kicks in your surgery is done. 6mths is enough time to meet some surgeons etc
Back to top Go down
junglefever
junglefever

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 9:33 pm

Hi Im fairly new to this site... and was wondering how much prior can you book for a GS?

I am 6 months into joing with a PHI (bupa) top cover.... and I have to wait another ^ months before I can even approach my PHI... so My Question is. Can I book for my GS ^ months prior or do I have to wait the 6 months out before I can even approach a surgeon?

would appreciate if someone can give me the heads up?

Cheers

Lex advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586advice anyone??????????????? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice anyone???????????????   advice anyone??????????????? Empty

Back to top Go down

advice anyone???????????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: