7 posters
AuthorMessage
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Fluttering feeling in Stomach Empty
PostSubject: How did it go   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 1:36 pm

Kiwi, how did things go at the docs...all normal I hope, fingers crossed psychomum....
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

Thanks Deb

I am going to ring the nurse on Monday as I also have another little issue with my kidneys not working at the moment, so I am hoping it can all be sorted on Monday
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 12:53 pm

Just an addit:

Doctors would prefer you to call with odd questions than to not call them. Usually theyve been asked everything before..and are more than happy to explain things.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 8:26 am

Perfectly normal.

I still get what I call my little butterfly, feels sort of like a weird ripple inside every once in a while.
No idea what it is but it doesn't worry me at all.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 5:16 am

Time, Kiwi. We have the new tummy for the rest of our lives. It will make odd sounds for quite awhile. It will tell us in no uncertain terms when we have put too much in it. (I am a May 2010 sleever, and last weekend I still ate too much too fast, after losing 36 kg.)

See it as a new lover or a new child or a new pet. Give it time and learn what it wants.

Best,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Noises and more Noises   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 3:33 am

There are so many things to get used to with the new tum arn't there? Just when you think you've got the new contraption figured out something else pops up!

Kiwi, I took me ages to get a drink down and the whole time the thing kept complaining, rumbling away like I was out to sea! It still does, in fact it can get embarrassing at times.

I just stuck the old diet cordial on the bench in a glass and kept swigging away like an old wino, all day. Whenever the glass was finished I just filled it straight back up. I sunk 2 protein shakes a day, so that took care of 500mls and seemed easier to get down. I still feel nauseous sometimes an a drink will usually fix it.

I have more wind than a helium balloon, I can be seen at sunrise hovering over geelong...lol and I didn't really fart before, especially loud ones! But there you are I think it's the benefibre.... but who knows????
Back to top Go down
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female
Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

Hi kiwichick

You are only a few weeks post op. It's really really normal to plateau from about week 2 to week 5. It must be our bodies recovering from the surgery & fighting hard not to drop weight. The very worst thing you can do is not eat & drink. You've got to keep drinking & working your way back to eating normal food or you won't get to enjoy how the sleeve works. Your body will resist losing weight if you don't eat & drink enough. You just have to make sure that you always choose foods that are good for you (protein rich) before you allow yourself something of lesser quality.

I was anxious at the beginning too, most of us are I think & we all think we're going to be the only one the sleeve doesn't work for....but it will work if you do the work....that is, you must try to keep sip sip sipping on water (or apple juice if you like) & having your mushy food until eventually you work your way back to eating normally (or maybe better than you used to). You'll find that the weight will drop off because you are just physically incapable of eating anywhere near as much as you used to.

What won't happen is you won't wake up tomorrow & find yourself skinny...that's not going to happen. What will happen is that each month you are going to be 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 kilo's lighter than you were the month before. As the months go by you'll gain confidence in the process & in yourself.

In the meantime you must drink & you must eat. Are you seeing a dietician? If you're not & you can't get over your aversion to eating & drinking than you should definitly go back to the hospital because you're going to make yourself sick otherwise.

Good luck with your journey & try to relax & trust the process.
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 10:58 am

It's funny you should mention anxiety - I had a conversation with a couple of friends today about my food issues over the last few days and that I am having trouble eating - but it isn't because I am full, I just cant bring myself to put food in my mouth and I wondered if it was something psychological that is stopping me.

So anxiety would fit........??

I don't know if this has come from the plateau?? Because I have plateaued for the last 2 weeks is my mind now taking over???

Has anyone had issues like this? Where you just can't eat - I don't feel hungry (of course) but I can't eat. It is my birthday today and I got myself a yummy treat from the supermarket and when I got home I didn't want it, so it is still in the fridge.

My mother has told me that if I haven't drunk a certain amount of fluid by lunch tomorrow then she will take me back to the hospital, this motivated me to drink 150mls of OJ over the last 2 hours, but I just can't do anymore.

Who knew this was going to be so hard....... My problem is I waited 21 months for this surgery and I expected the weight to just fall off and for it to all be easy. Maybe I should be going to the hospital tomorrow anyway. They did tell me that I was to go straight there if I had any concerns.

I feel like I am being a baby about it all.......

Thanks everyone for letting me have my rant for the evening

Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 2:21 am

What you describe could also be anxiety, as that fluttery feeling is a common symptom of anxiety. I can't say for sure it is, after all im not your Dr. Could it also be to do with not getting enough nutrients/water in as well? Maybe if you aren't getting enough in, that's making you anxious, resulting in fluttery tummy? as always YMMV.
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 11:57 pm

Thanks FOOW

I am still getting used to all the feelings and noises and other things that my new tum makes, so I guess this is another one - now I just need to figure out what it is telling me LOL

I am like you, it isn't an uncomfortable feeling just weird

I need to figure out what language my stomach speaks and get an interpreter
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

I would say it is a normal feeling. Since my surgery 12 weeks ago, my tiny tummy now makes lots of different little noises, has fluttery feelings etc a lot more often than before. I don't ever feel uncomfortable with these feelings, they are just not what I am used to.

You do need to drink enough water.... the biggest issue for me too.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female

PostSubject: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

Hi All

I have been having a weird fluttering feeling in my stomach. It doesn't seem to relate to anything I am doing or not doing. Has anyone else had this? I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow.

I know I am not getting in enough water and the last 3 days have also been bad food days too with not much going in, but this fluttering has been happening for about 2 weeks, so I don't think it relates to my lack of food and water?

Any ideas would be appreciated - I don't want to call the Dr and look like a crazy person if this is something totally normal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fluttering feeling in Stomach   Fluttering feeling in Stomach Empty

Back to top Go down

Fluttering feeling in Stomach
Page 1 of 1