AuthorMessage
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female
Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2011-02-14

whats normal weight loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 9:08 pm

Yep like Gail said, Tuna Tempters are great, soft boiled eggs (leave scrambled eggs out for a while), cheese, milk (skinny milk coffees), soft meat with gravy, yoghurt, lentils, beans...

I have much stronger fingernails these days...I think I must have been protein & calcium deficient before I got my sleeve...
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 3:44 am

Hi,

Hunt around the site I am sure that there are hundreds of posts to help you out.

Having said that I found the little tuna tempters, stew, braises anything like that were just invaluable. Remember to make everything very thin to start with.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
jancast

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:35 am

whats normal weight loss 697586 what is the best form of protein to eat after surgery? I realise you can still have the protein shakes but what else is the right type of protein to maintain muscle and energy

thanks
Jan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 4:24 am

Kylie, I was sleeved on May 10, 2010. I thought my weight loss was over and stuck at
150 lb/68 kg, as I had been dancing around this number for several months, but this morning I saw 145 lb/66kg on the scale.

I tell you this to say the sleeve is a long-term fact for us. You have been through a tough and amazing four weeks. Your body needs to get used to the much smaller amount of fuel, and the long process of healing.

So,

1. eat protein - soft for now, then dense
2. take many naps
3. trust the process

Hope this helps!

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 1:39 am

Hi Kylie,

My first suggestion is keep up the protein shakes and add protein.
You need that for your energy.

Don't stress too much about the weight loss at the moment, that will come. Sometimes at the start the body retains fluid to help with the repairs from surgery and sometimes you are just not getting enough calories.
I know what a weird thing, not enough calories LOL

Just take it slow and try not to worry too much, it will happen.
A little walking won't hurt but don't push yourself to exercise too soon.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 12:28 am

Don't despair Kylie! It will happen :) The loss can vary a lot from week to week and person to person. I know some people lose HEAPS in this early stage, but I was more of a steady loser - ~1 kg a week every week and here I am with 50 kg lost. The other thing is that if you eat too few calories or not enough protein, your body can go into starvation mode and then you don't lose much that week.

Be gentle on yourself with the exercise - the fact that you get lightheaded probably means you aren't getting enough energy in (with 2 cups of food a day that isn't surprising). It's very early days and I found I wasn't able to start exercising properly until about 7 weeks out, when I was on more substantial food. Your energy will improve once you can eat more and your body is done healing. Try and get the protein in with shakes or dairy products - if you start to lose muscle then you start to feel a bit weak.

Good luck - you're doing well!!! You won't know yourself soon - the weight loss will get going and add up :)

Isis xo
Back to top Go down
kylieo
kylieo

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 12:20 am

hi everyone
well im now 4weeks post op and about to start the soft food part of diet.
but i have a question if anyone can help this week i only loss 700g i thought because all i can eat at the moment would be around 2cps of mushy food a day total, but no exercise because seam to get really light head and exhusted fast (do you think this is the problem need to exercise) or is it because not even close to the 50g of protien per day.
any help would be great as a little disapointed at the moment.
thanks
kylie whats normal weight loss 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats normal weight loss   whats normal weight loss Empty

Back to top Go down

whats normal weight loss
Page 1 of 1