AuthorMessage
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Save money by getting a Care Plan!   Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2008, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

About Care Plans

as most members here have to pay a gap for their surgery, there are certain public health avenues that you can access to decrease your
overall outlay, by gaining a substantial medicare rebate for the external service providers such as the dietician, psychologist, and sports physio.
i was able to combine this rebate with another refund from my private health fund.
what does mean in the long run? more money for 'skinny chck' clothes!

i was advised by applesauce to get my GP to devise a care plan for my external therapies, and i was able to see her (my GP) before my
first surgeons appointment. I didn’t really know what a care plan was, so I just asked her if she could explain them to me,
and did she think it would be helpful.

the care plan was an absolute bonus as mr ahmad has a dietician and a sports physiologist that he likes his patients to see before
and after their op. My GP also popped on the physio in her surgery as an added good measure...just in case

by going on a care plan these extra therapies (5 appointments per year) are covered under a reduced fee schedule of $65 with a
$48 rebate from medicare or $59 from SGIO. without a careplan I would have had to pay $140 per session.

the care plan consisted of my GP filling out what seemed to be a standard form, that listed my morbid obesity, and outlined the goals
i wished to achieve with the dietician, physio and sporto. the GP consult took about 45 minutes, and was bulk billed at $175 straight to
medicare by my GP, even tho she is in a non bulk billing surgery. I have heard that some people had to pay extra on top on top of this
when their care plan was devised. (I might have been lucky,) and then claim the $175 thru medicare.

some people have been knocked back by their GP for a care plan; it helps if you have (if help is the right word) diabetes, sleep apnoea
or other complications in conjunction with your obesity. I had none of these, just an extremely sympathetic and kind GP,
who was only too happy to help me in any way she could.

this has been my experience, but no doubt others will be able to advise you of how they got their care plan.

Care Plan link
kindly and helpfully provided by Rice cake!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
issi
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Save money by getting a Care Plan!   Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:57 pm

I asked my doctor for a care plan (for obesity) and he said obesity is not recognized as a chronic condition to qualify, otherwise most of the country would qualify. I was however able to qualify because of my sever GERD, but they cannot put Obesity on the form as a reason.
Back to top Go down
angee

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Save money by getting a Care Plan!   Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:24 am

I am onto my 3rd year of care plans for my obesity. I qualified this year even though I am at goal. Strange for a size 10 to claim obesity related careplans? Hi my name is Angee and I am an food addict. But it's getting better, but I am not over it yet.

5 appointments with my nutritionist in 2007.
5 more for 2008. another 6 appointments paid out of my own pocket. Medicare rebated though.
5 more to start 2009.

All with my nutritionist. I call her my sugarfree fairy.Find a GP who will put you ona careplan everybody if you can. It has saved me $1000s of dollars over the last 3 years.
Access to the sugarfree fairy also saved my life. No exaggeration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save money by getting a Care Plan!   Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2008, 12:54 am

For your optifast, if you buy at a pharmacy 777, join their lyalty programme (free) and you get 5% discount each time you buy a non prescription item, like optifast and any medication you need to help your bowels!

Keep your receipts as medical expenses out of pocket over $1500 you can claim on your tax and will get a 20% rebate. Out of pocket expenses include pharmacy items, including prescriptions and non prescriptions and the gap from the surgery, dietician, other appointments, blood tests ect..
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Save money by getting a Care Plan!   Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2008, 12:42 pm

About Care Plans

as most members here have to pay a gap for their surgery, there are certain public health avenues that you can access to decrease your
overall outlay, by gaining a substantial medicare rebate for the external service providers such as the dietician, psychologist, and sports physio.
i was able to combine this rebate with another refund from my private health fund.
what does mean in the long run? more money for 'skinny chck' clothes!

i was advised by applesauce to get my GP to devise a care plan for my external therapies, and i was able to see her (my GP) before my
first surgeons appointment. I didn’t really know what a care plan was, so I just asked her if she could explain them to me,
and did she think it would be helpful.

the care plan was an absolute bonus as mr ahmad has a dietician and a sports physiologist that he likes his patients to see before
and after their op. My GP also popped on the physio in her surgery as an added good measure...just in case

by going on a care plan these extra therapies (5 appointments per year) are covered under a reduced fee schedule of $65 with a
$48 rebate from medicare or $59 from SGIO. without a careplan I would have had to pay $140 per session.

the care plan consisted of my GP filling out what seemed to be a standard form, that listed my morbid obesity, and outlined the goals
i wished to achieve with the dietician, physio and sporto. the GP consult took about 45 minutes, and was bulk billed at $175 straight to
medicare by my GP, even tho she is in a non bulk billing surgery. I have heard that some people had to pay extra on top on top of this
when their care plan was devised. (I might have been lucky,) and then claim the $175 thru medicare.

some people have been knocked back by their GP for a care plan; it helps if you have (if help is the right word) diabetes, sleep apnoea
or other complications in conjunction with your obesity. I had none of these, just an extremely sympathetic and kind GP,
who was only too happy to help me in any way she could.

this has been my experience, but no doubt others will be able to advise you of how they got their care plan.

Care Plan link
kindly and helpfully provided by Rice cake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save money by getting a Care Plan!   Save money by getting a Care Plan! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Save money by getting a Care Plan!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2