AuthorMessage
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Post Op Care Support and Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op Care Support and Plan   Post Op Care Support and Plan EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 12:54 am

my post-op care is just like cathy's... hopefully my weightloss will be just like hers too!
Back to top Go down
Cathy
Cathy

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Care Support and Plan   Post Op Care Support and Plan EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 12:30 am

I had Physcologist - only had to see him once prior to surgery to ensure there were no underlying problems - haha he obviously missed them. If there are eating issues or underlying trauma you may have to see him again, you can also opt to see him on an ongoing basis if you want too.

Dietician - seen her once prior to surgery to get the go ahead and regularly after surgery and she emails her group regularly.

Sports physiologist - depends on your weight and history. I saw him twice, but as a former sports nut, did not have to see him again, he is very good if you want to learn to ease back into things or to grow to love something you have never liked - exercise.

Post Operative Nurse - contacted me regularly upon release from hospital and still get the occasional call 7 months later.

Surgeon - I see him roughly every 3 months now that the follow up post operative stuff is over, at that appointment I have blood tests for vitamin levels etc. He also sent all relevant information regarding my surgery to my GP to ensure she could offer me the best care possible.

Post op book - My surgeon supplied me with a bible which covered the first 5 week - what I could eat, quantity, what to look out for, contact numbers etc etc this is also our diary, it is taken to each appointment and records our progress.

That is about it I guess - he is very thorough.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Care Support and Plan   Post Op Care Support and Plan EmptySat 22 Nov 2008, 6:11 am

Same here. Doctor and dietitian only.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Care Support and Plan   Post Op Care Support and Plan EmptySat 22 Nov 2008, 6:04 am

hi there,

i only had my dr and dietician. nothing else

Nicole
Back to top Go down
jcjfsm
jcjfsm

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Post Op Care Support and Plan   Post Op Care Support and Plan EmptyFri 21 Nov 2008, 11:23 pm

I have been reading everyone posts and have discovered everyone has a diferent post op care plan and support

So my question is what was your post op care supoort from your doc and did you have to chase it yourself?

Steps for me so far
-dietician talk in hospital by in house Dietician (I also Rang my dietician from doctors surgery(who is an old freind))
-discharge hospital - got extra drugs and docs phone number
-confirmed appointmnet two weeks after op with doctor
-Hospital rang to see if ok day after dischage
-Appointmnet with doct & dieticiqn before going home. Gots crpts for drugs for as long as needed, plans and emergency plan for local doctor
-Book dietican appointments preferably email/phone chats
-book future doc appointmnets
-get home book personnel trainer

Some people have phsycologist , sports trainer, nurse etc. have I missed anything and does your doc do it better?

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Care Support and Plan   Post Op Care Support and Plan Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Op Care Support and Plan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: