3 posters
AuthorMessage
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 9:57 pm

It was an actual Assessor that rang me requesting more information. Her name was Heidi. She told me to ring her and let her know once I had sent it and she would look at it straight away for me. When I rang there was no way that they were putting me through to her because she was an assessor. So I kept ringing and I kept being told that my paperwork had been processed and to ring back on Thursday. When I did that I was told again it had been processed and to ring back in a couple of days. This went on for about 3 times and then I got a foreign guy who I could hardly understand and he told me that it hadn't been processed. That's when I asked to speak to the Manager and I let fly how I have been given 2 different stories and that Heidi had told me it would only take a couple of days from me sending it in. I got the good news that day that I spoke to the Manager.

If they are giving you a date, I suppose stick to that date. Once the 20th comes, I would be on the phone hounding them then.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 11:51 am

I have rung 3 times this week.

Twice I have got this same girl, and all I can say is even though it is on the phone she does not give service with a smile.

Both times she just tells me it is in the system to be relooked at on the 20th of June, you were told to ring back then.
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyWed 25 May 2011, 10:13 pm

That's tough! Back to the bottom of the queue! When they rang me she told me as soon as I get the extra info in she would call me within 2 days. When that didn't happen that's when I started ringing and hounding them. I was getting mixed stories, so in the end I asked to speak to a Manager and that is when it was approved.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyWed 25 May 2011, 12:06 pm

Hello Peta,

I called Apra last Friday to be told they were looking at my application.

They phoned me and told me that they needed more information. I faxed it off to them the next working day.

I called them later that afternoon to be told I have gone back to the bottom of the queue. They will relook at it in 4 more weeks.

They did tell me I fit the criteria, so I think it is going to be approved. I am crossing my fingers anyway.
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyWed 25 May 2011, 11:41 am

Hey Bellshell,

Yeah, I was approved a little while ago now. It took approx 4-5 weeks all up. In the end I had to send off an extra statement justifying why I neeeded the money. After that it was another week or 2 wait and then approval.

It will happen for you. At the beginning I didn't want to ring or contact them to make a nuisance out of myself, but in the end I was ringing them every day to get an answer.

I am getting sleeved in a week today. Wed 1 June. I am so nervous, I keep having horrible dreams that I'm not going to come out of the operation. The Optifast is a killer. This is my 3rd week and I am starving hungry. The first week is easy because you are so pumped - then the second week you become sick of the vegies/salad, then the 3rd week I am absolutely craving pizza (we don't even have a lot of pizza) and other food.

Can't wait for it all to be over to be honest.

Good luck and if you need any help with APRA just message me and I can copy you what I sent them.

Peta
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 5:32 am

Hello Peta,

Have you heard anything about you applcation yet.

I put mine in on the 16th of April and still waiting. I rang today and they said ring next Wed. They are up to applications made on the 14th today.

I think that most people are waitting about 5 to 6 weeks to get an answer.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 2:20 am

There is a whole thread dedicated to this topic here:

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/f25-accessing-your-superannuation

I am waiting for APRA to approve my operation. I have already HAD the operation, and my surgeon is a kind man who is willing to wait for either my tax cheque, or APRA approval. They said I will know next Tuesday. My advice is, if you are considering it, start the ball rolling NOW. It can take a while.
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

Hi, I am currently trying to get some of my Super money to pay for my sleeve surgery. Has anyone else done this? They say it takes 15 working days. They have had my application for 10 days now. I got an email on Friday saying that on Monday they will start assessing my application. I'm so nervous. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this and has been successful and can tell me what to expect on waiting time. Thanks Peta Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation   Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation Empty

Back to top Go down

Going through APRA to get acess to my Superannuation
Page 1 of 1