AuthorMessage
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Does anybody know ... ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptyMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:33 am

Kalifi

Bushgirl is right - Once you receive your letter you need to complete exit forms from your super fund.

I called APRA after 14 days to check the status, I'm glad i did because i needed one more documentation. The letter they sent advising me i needed more paperwork arrived one full week later.

It might be advisable to have the forms from your super fund on hand ready to go - My super AMP took 5 working days to release the money.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptyMon 28 Sep 2009, 7:21 am

Have a look through other's notes or so a search, because I'm pretty sure that once its approved by APRA and all the Dr's paperwork is sent in you get an approval letter that you then have to forward onto your superannuation company, and then it can take a little while to get the money actually in your bank account. see Allieswans I remember she used her super, and theres a few others as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Done It!   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptyMon 28 Sep 2009, 5:52 am

I downloaded the form and applied. I had about ten grand in there which is more than enough even less the 21% to cover the gap payment that I have of $4950. You don't need to have worked for a certain period which was a relief. Now just the ten day wait to see if it's approved? Does anyone know what happens once it's ok'd? Do they transfer to your bank? How long does that take?
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 5:03 am

Sheree - I paid for the entire cost of my surgery with my super froma previous job and like you lost money due to the economic climate, lost almost 2k in the past year, so I figured that I might as well cash it and and get some value from it, because by the time i retire there would be nothing left.
Back to top Go down
sheree

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Super   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 2:13 am

Well, I've been paying into super for 25 years and then when I went to get the balance to pay for my operation last month, I had lost $14k due to the economic crisis!!!! Not impressed!

Good luck with it darl.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 1:32 am

The only worry with having been in Australia for such a little amount of time, is that over 2 years, your 9% super contributions may not be enough to cover the op... eg your super may only have $5000 in it, when you need closer to $15000-20000.
Back to top Go down
sheree

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Superannuation   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 11:12 am

Hi,
I got permission to access my superannuation for the cost of my surgery (plus the 20% tax that the govt takes out!), I'm a full time student and couldn't afford private health insurance, so I had to draw on my super to pay for the whole cost!!! I don't remember seeing anything about any stipulation on how long you've worked in Australia, but perhaps because it wasn't a concern for me, I didn't notice. I agree, just ring your fund and maybe APRA (the people that approve it).
Cheers
Sheree
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptySat 08 Aug 2009, 2:30 am

I paid most of my out of pocket expenses via my super fund... however i cannot answer your question other than to say i agree with the others in that ringing your super fund is the best way to go.

If your own super fund does not release funds early (not all of them allow it) ..... you can also apply to use your partners super if that situation applies.

Also... the thread APRA News Tomorrow.... is a good thread to read through.

Goodluck with your application & best wishes for the journey ahead.

hugs
Bella
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptyFri 07 Aug 2009, 6:48 am

You would need to check with your super fund. My current work one doesn't allow for early release whereas my previous job fund did with APRA approval. Question would be is how much do you have in your fund of two years?
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptyTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:13 am

Not sure about that one, sorry... But I guess it would depend on how much is in your super as well. If you only had a little bit, from working here two years, they may not let you? Not sure about the rules and stuff, have you read through the super section in total?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? EmptyTue 04 Aug 2009, 3:55 am

If you need to have been working in Australia for a minimum number of years before you can access your Super? I've only been working here just over two years. I'm looking at accessing my super to pay for my out of pocket costs. Any ideas anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody know ... ???   Does anybody know ... ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anybody know ... ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: