AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! EmptyWed 05 Jan 2011, 12:51 pm

Congratulations on making a good decision for your future.

I hope the wait isn't too long and you get to have your surgery sooner rather than later.

You will definitely find that time passes quickly on the site -- with lots of great people to chat with -- some who are also counting down the weeks and months until they get to have their surgery.

S
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! EmptyMon 03 Jan 2011, 7:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your journey.

I have completed my journey and love my sleeve.
Its the best decision I have ever made.

Happy 2011 and hi! 217555 Happy 2011 and hi! 217555
Back to top Go down
buzzitozzz

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! EmptyMon 03 Jan 2011, 11:26 am

thanks for the welcome guys, i look forward to following everyone's journey while i prepare for mine.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 2:46 am

hi and welcome
there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.
shelly
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 10:46 pm

Welcome Buzzito! You will find this site very encouraging and informative, as I have. Many of us can relate to your comments about food and the control it has/had over our lives - so well expressed! Well done on getting the ball rolling - your day will arrive sooner than you know. All the best!

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
buzzitozzz

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around this site for a couple of months and thought I should officially say hi, so hi.

I discovered this site after a visit to my surgeon who told me to go away and decide what WLS I wanted. I went into this initial appointment thinking I would have a lap band but thanks to this site (and some other research) my decision on what surgery was best for me was fairly easy – a sleeve. Now that I have made this decision and informed my surgeon I want it NOW! Damn being a public patient and having an 8-15 month wait. But I guess the way time is flying lately (who can believe it’s 2011) it will be time for my op and the beginning of my new life.

My story is similar to many others on here, food is my comfort, my reward, my everything but it has also become my substitute for living. I look forward to the day when food is not my everything and I get out there and start living again.

I look forward to going clothes shopping and buying clothes I actually like rather than just getting what fits, I also plan to become more active, however exercise is not a favorite pass time and motivation is severally lacking. Hopefully some weight loss will inspire me.

I must say this site has been a blessing and I look forward to continuing my education on the sleeve while I patiently wait for my op.

Cheers and may 2011 surpass all your dreams and fingers crossed I get my op!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy 2011 and hi! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 2011 and hi!   Happy 2011 and hi! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy 2011 and hi!
Page 1 of 1