gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 7:31 am

My pleasure OBF!

Look after yourself, and remember to 'sip sip sip!' Or SUCK on lemonade icy poles!

If you do get gas, take a de gas tablet. Welcome to 'the other side'

Michelle
xxx
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: spoggy   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 06 Nov 2011, 8:51 am

By now you would have been sleeved. Congrats. It is quite common to not lose weight for a few days, swelling etc does not help. Some people do not lose weight in the first two weeks. Not sure why but it does happen.

Enjoy your journey and contact me if you have any questions.

I have lost 42 kg given diabetes, highbp and high cholesteral the flick. I am very excited about that.
Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Happy Happy Happy Thank you everyone   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 06 Nov 2011, 8:03 am

Hi everyone - just to check in an say a big THANK YOU to all of you who responded to my very unbrave calls for help prior to my surgery.

I took in everything that each one of you said and I am so so grateful to have a forum such as this to talk to you.

Thanks to Gottarhyme - I did take in my own pillow and even though the beds etc were very comfy it all seemed a little better to have my own pillow with me, also bought the de-gas but have not had reason to use it yet.

Overall the experience was all good - it seems that I worked myself up over nothing as once I decided to go in with a positive attitude everything else fell into place.

Funny though - I have not eaten much over the past four days and my weight on discharge is the same as my weight on the day of the op.

A big thank you once again ladies - I look forward to getting to know you more as my journey progresses XX
Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female

PostSubject: Hey Lovely slim   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 8:27 am

Just had to say it was a delight to meet you and considering that you were sleeved two days before me I think we have a lot in common at the moment. I presume that you have gone home as your door is slightly closed and I have not seen you in the hospital halls. Thank you so much for coming in for a chat last night - it is amazing just how much all of us sleeved ladies think alike. I hope that you are feeling ok and hope to catch up soon and see how all is going with you. Take care Lovelyslim - talk again soon xx
Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female

PostSubject: You are such a Darling Frangipani Girl   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 8:19 am

Thanks so much for popping your head in to introduce yourself - You left me in very high spirits. It was such a pleasure to meet you and to hear of your journey so far. You are a total inspiration and you look absolutely fabulous. I look forward to catching up in the future at one of the meet and greets.
Also wonderful to meet Lovely Slim - I think that she may have gone home this afternoon as things appear a little quiet two doors down. Take care all - it is great to know that I am on this wonderful journey with ladies like you XX
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 11:49 pm

Well - what an introduction I made trying to find 'Overbeingfat' in hospital.

After visiting Lovelyslim in hospital, I was keen on meeting Overbeingfat knowing she was in the same hospital and for her to see how someone on the otherside is going.

Well, I took a punt on who it may have been and walked in the room and asked her if she was Dr Jorgensen's patient and was she - over being fat!!!! (as I didn't know her name)

How embarressed was I !!!!!!!
D'oh any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 2329 D'oh

It didn't click for a little while but I felt sorry for 'overbeingfat' any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 32773

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I know you will do well on your journey. We have a great network of people on this site and look forward to meeting you at one of our gatherings.

Take care
Jenny
any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 217555
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

Hey hello

I am so so so happy i met you ........ Over being Fat ....... we are on our way now to a healthier lifestyle ...... see ya tomorrow morning .... have a great nite sleep ..if you need anything just scream and i'll hear you hehehehehehehehehehehe

Cheers

Lovelyslim Carolina ......

P,s going out for a walk around the ward now ......
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 1:01 am

OK. There is a list on the pre op page on this forum, but I suggest you take your own pillow to hospital. Also, go to the chemist and buy De Gas tablets. (gas pain isn't fun!)

You won't feel much like eating OR drinking when you get home, but it is important to DRINK. I couldn't drink the required amount every day, so the BEST hint I can give you is to stock your freezer with lemonade icy poles!

I also lived on cuppa soup.
Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female

PostSubject: OMG OMG OMG three days to go ~ BUTTERFLIES Galore   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 12:41 am

OK so the reality as definitely set in - woke up this morning with butterflies in my stomach - this is actually going to happen.
Feeling soooo very excited but also very very nervous. Think I will try and not think about it, cant imagine what I will be feeling by Wednesday night.

Can anyone suggest what I should have ready and prepared and have in the fridge / freezer / cupboard for my return home.
Thanks a LOT for all of your posts - I read them all - its amazing how much better you feel when you can be in touch with others who are travelling the same path.

I have asked to have my surgery first thing in the morning so at this stage I am booked for 8.30am for the operation as I thought if I have to sit and wait around for too long then Im likely to bolt and run LOL - and I also thought that Dr Jorgensen will be nice and fresh (I am rediculous hey).

Its so wonderful to think that you are all there- we dont know each other but I do feel like I know you - strange though true

Thanks so much for all of your positive posts - xx
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

Hi Overbeingfat

Yeah, it's normal, of course, to feel anxious before a big op. I'm nearly 3 1/2 years out, and nearly 55 years old. I have saggy baggy elephant skin that I'd love to get nipped and tucked some time, but haven't been able to manage yet. My face looks both younger and older, if you can credit that! I look younger because I'm so much slimmer, but older because the wrinkles that were filled in by fat are now noticeable. Tough! I'm a lot healthier now, and a lot of my pre-sleeve problems have been solved due to the loss of weight.

I was one of the ones who threw up after the op - but finally found out it was because of the PCA meds, and 3 different anti-nausea pills didn't help.

As for food, I had trouble getting much at all in, at first, and threw up quite a bit in the first few months, and it took me longer than most to get onto 'real' food. However, even though throwing up was pretty yuk, it wasn't painful. And I did have discomfort, but no really bad pain. I was really glad when they took me off the PCA, and just had soluble Panadol occasionally after that, which was just fine.

I went with Dr Talbot, and Dr Jorgenson filled in for him one day doing rounds, and he was great.

Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:34 am

I am 50, and I have been told I definitely don't look my age! ( I am the one next to the 15 sign, the other lady is my Mum, and she is nearly 70!)

Since the op, I am nearly at goal after only seven months.

My skin is coping well, and the wrinkles are not so bad. I moisturise with BIO Oil in my face and tummy twice a day, and put my normal moisturiser over the top of that. At present I use an olive oil based cream (The Olive Grove) on my body, and ALDI'S OWN BRAND, on my face, because CHOICE magazine said it was the best. It only costs $8 too, BONUS!

So far, the cracks don't need spakfilla, but I wear VERY little makeup. Blush, eyeshadow and lip gloss, that's it. The more you pack on, the older you look. I have never worn foundation in my life, and I think that it has helped my skin. I always wear sunscreen and a hat, though!

The one thing I notice is that I now have my jawline back! YAY!

I never had pain after the op. I just had an IV for a day or so, and I pressed the button mostly so I could SLEEP! There were some ladies who talked about 'shoulder tip pain' but I was lucky, I bypassed that. I did have some reflux, but that has passed too. I feel fabulous now!
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

WOW I can remember when I only had five days to go OverBeingFat; but it was nearly nine months ago now. Yes I couldn't beleive I was totally strict while on my pre op diet; but I did have a blow out the week before starting my pre-op diet and I think that made all the difference. Feel free to read my diary and good luck to you and MargD on your journeys to come very soon. You will be so pleased with the results.
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:41 am

Hi Over being fat,

You are in great hands with Dr Jorgensen. I also had him do my surgery in March 2011. He is very professional in his approach and an excellent surgeon who is highly regarded in his field.

The hospital staff at St George Private are also wonderful.

Its normal to feel anxious - but before you know it - it will be all over and with minimal pain.

Happy to catch up if you wish either prior or after surgery. Let me know.

Good luck with your journey.

any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 217555
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

Hi hope everything goes well for your op,not long now.I am 57 when i get mine done in february,it can't come quick enough for me. all the best
Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:03 am

OMG only five days to go until I go in to have my sleeve operation. Have been on opti for over a week now and lost nearly 5 kgs - I would kill for a nice juicy steak at the moment.

Were all of you ladies super strict while on your pre op diet or did you give in here and there and perhaps indulge. Did anyone have a last supper ?? LOL Please let me know

I get sleeved on 3/11 by Dr Jorgensen - he came highly recommended so I feel very confident with my choice of Doctors.
Going through heaps of emotions at the moment as I am sure everyone does - like "I really hope that I am doing the right thing" etc etc but basically I just want to go in and get it done and over.

Any advice that you can give would be appreciated - how did you all feel in that last few days (and even the night before) your sleeve surgery?

overbeingfat xx
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:30 am

Welcome - over being fat,

I am not yet 50ish but thought I would reply.

Congratulations on making the decision on having the surgery. I had Dr Jorgensen as my surgeon nearly 6 months ago. I found him to be very professional and straight to the point. He is a great surgeon, his team and St George Private hospital staff were fantastic with their after care.

I had no major issues with pain after surgery and found the only issue I had was fluid intake which has now improved but still working at it.

The sleeve is a great tool to assist us in maintaining a quality and long life. It's normal to feel anxious prior to any surgery as it's the unknown we enter into. The only pain that I had coming out of surgery was that I felt a little pressure in the centre of my chest. They said that this was due to the gas they use to enlarge you stomach area. The pain relief they give you is great and I was surprised how little my pain level was. I normally have a very low tolerance to pain.

Good luck with your journey.

Take care
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 11:04 pm

They manage immediate post op pain very well and I really don't remember it. After that I really only felt like I'd done too many sit ups. Only iv panadol then regular panadol after. You'll be fine!
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

None whatsoever; maybe what some would call a little sore. I have had a lot of operations and I think the more you have the body becomes acclimatised to the pain. My first, years and years ago was a 'C' section and that was horrific; my first I was sooo sooo anxious and frightened that the pain was unbearable. My second 'C' section was my fourth operation and I didn't feel much pain at all and was up and walking about the same day. With the GS; I had a headache the first night (fourth night) I was out of hospital from what I recall, which was an eye opener as it took me over an hour to drink the dissolvable panadal in half a cup of water.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

The first 24 hours where a bit rough, but only had panadol for pain from day 2.
Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female

PostSubject: Thank you all    any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

Thank you so much ladies - your feedback to my question is greatly appreciated and you are all going so well and have no regrets. A Big congratulations to you all. I really needed to hear this at the moment because even though I have booked the date for my surgery and I am totally looking forward to it, I must admit that I am rather anxious.

Last night I had a dream that I had already had the surgery and was waking up from the anesthetic I all I could feel was intense pain - it took a while but then I realized when I woke that it was only a dream. I know it is just fear of the actual procedure so when I logged in and saw each of your stories I felt instantly uplifted.

You are all an inspiration and I hope that you continue to have happy and healthy lives.

I am wondering if any of you suffered any very bad pain following the surgery (please be honest)

thanks Wendi

Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 11:47 pm

I was 59 when I had surgery. Nearly 60. I've had a tummy tuck but other than that think I look younger and better. My weight came off slowly and steadily and has now stabilized at around 60 kgs. I wear size 8 mostly or a small or extra small.

Couldn't be happier.

Didn't change my face routine.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 11:29 pm

Hi there and welcome. I have just surpassed my seventh month since my op; best thing that I have ever did health wise to ensure I will be around a lot longer. Weight has just fallen off with exercise and not too much effort; though saying that the intent to loose weight or a healthy eating plan must be in my mind or I would have not been able to loose as much. Loosing weight is simplier and easier with the GS used as a tool; I have always been able to loose weight, though now it is very much easier to keep it off without trying too hard. I had been obese since my childhood and now I am lighter than I can ever remember. I have had no problems, no vomiting or nausea, can eat and drink anything only is small potions. I am never hungry, eat by the clock; and at least something even if a nut or three at least every three/four hours as per my dietican's instructions. My tummy isn't too saggy as yet; my boobs need an uplift; though there is always the boob tubes to hold them up; my face to me seems really older; though most people whom compliment me say I look ten years younger; I think my brain hasn't caught up yet as there are times when I feel/look fat to me still; though I am wearing mainly size eights and some tens in pants; and tens in tops. My lengthy decision is the best one I have ever made; I am alive and happy. Read my diary if you wish; read other diaries and research on here and the support is fantastic. Take care and have a great journey.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

HI and welcome

Congrats on your decision to be sleeved, you are going to love it.

I have just turned 58, been sleeved nearly 2 years, now fit and healthy and its one of the best decisions I have ever made. I had been obese all my adult life.

I have lots of saggy, wobbly bits LOL, but my face isn't too bad.
(see my gallery)
Had a tummy tuck last year, off for more plastic surgery in December.

I lost weight slowly, didn't just fall off.
Not sure if this had anything to do with it.

I found the whole process easy, I have had no problems, no vomiting or nausea, can eat and drink anything only is small potions. I am never hungry, eat by the clock.

Good luck with your surgery and journey.

any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 217555 any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 217555

Back to top Go down
over being fat

Female

PostSubject: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

Hello my fellow 50 PLUS ladies - if you have already been sleeved can you give me some feedback as to how the pre-op and sleeve op went for you ?? I am booked in for November 3rd with Dr Jorgensen (I initially was going with Dr Talbot but changed to Dr J).

Do you think the whole process is harder for us more mature ladies? When we lose weight in the face do you think we go more wrinkly lol = I have about 35kg to 40kg to lose and I am hoping to look a lot younger and healthier but Im a bit concerned I may wrinkle up like a prune as the fat melts away.

Can anyone recommend a cream, oil or lotion that is good to rub in while the kgs melt away ?? any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 697586
any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved 697586

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved   any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved Empty

Back to top Go down

any older beauties - fifty Plus Divas out there that have been sleeved
Page 1 of 1