7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 1:31 pm

Hey Leelee

Welcome to our wonderful little (er... i think i mean quite big !) community of 2b's, newbies & sleeved ones !

Ack.....August is nearly over & the countdown to your surgeons appointment will really begin in earnest......

hugs
Bella....xx
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 12:28 pm

Hi LeeLee and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your first appointment.

Keep us updated.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
LeeLee12
LeeLee12

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-07-28

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 6:04 am

Thanks Guys for all your words. Yes it is amazing how the body never bounces back the same way after babies.
Currently sitting in class after spending last 2 lessons cooking. Surrounded by food. Its hard not to eat or at least have a taste. Can't wait to the time when I no longer feel the urge to eat ALL the time.
Mama - hubby is also taking time off to help in the recouperation. Thought it would be good not to have to cook and do demonstrations if I was initially sleeved. HOWEVER I am keen to move things along so as soon as i see the surgeon I am hoping to make a date. My visit to surgeon is 24th September , so trying really hard to be good until then. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for surgery.
LOVE hearing all your stories.
Yes This site can be addictive.
LeeLee
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 12:16 pm

Welcome Lee Lee

I also consider banding about 2 years ago but decided against it and went and got myself a personal trainer to get rid of the weight. Like every diet I have tried lost 15 kgs and when i stopped i put it all plus more on.

Decided on a sleeve and was sleeved almost 2 weeks ago. All is good, just need to get use to eating small amounts now and way for the weight to drop off
Back to top Go down

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 10:23 am

welcome leelee, I'm in the same position. I looked into banding this time last year but had a baby in between! I'm now four days post sleeve op and feeling good. Welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 8:24 am

Hi and welcome Lee lee.....
I understand fully where you are coming from, I have been the same except I didn't put it off to have another baby! Once I decided and made that first phone call there has been no holding back.
I had my first appointment on the 5th of August and have my date for the 3rd of September! Won't really have time to worry really.
And we shouldn't blame our babies on our weight gain though I have never gotten back to pre pregnancy weight BUT I do blame giving up smoking. It will be 25yrs on october 9th since I gave up and maybe soon I will hit the weight I was then!!
Good on you for making your decision and hope it all goes smoothly for you soon to be sleeved 446871
Linda
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 7:48 am

Welcome Lee Lee! And you're right, once you've made up your mind it's good to get on and do it. When you're a teacher it can be tricky to get something done in the hols because your kids are on hols too and getting them looked after is more difficult. Hope you have a stash of sick leave available to you and the lead up to the op goes really smoothly.

Pregnancies have a lot to answer for regarding weight gain!!

Mama
Back to top Go down
Tazza
Tazza

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-07

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 7:42 am

Hey Lee Lee

Congrats on your decision. It feels great to finally make one doesn't it??!

I too was thinking about surgery a few years ago but ended up deciding on another babe (great for us all, not great for my weight!). I've been sleeved now for all of 6 days but feel so pleased that I finally did something about it and that better days are to come.

So good luck and good on you!

Tara
Back to top Go down
LeeLee12
LeeLee12

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-07-28

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 7:28 am

soon to be sleeved 487524 Well Have been reading this site for a few weeks now. Was going to have Banding a few years ago but chickened out. Then decided to have just one more baby. Unfortunately this means that I have put on even more weight. (tried to blame the breastfeeding but this hasn't helped) This is the highest I have ever been so am determined to do something about it. Rang Drs last week and have my appointment in Sep holidays( I am a Home Economics teacher - go figure. I should be setting a good example for students). Was going to try and do something in Xmas holidays. But I don't want to wait. I think that once you have made up your mind, you just want to get on with it. Also busy now researching (reading lots from this site) as well as contacting our friendly APRA people. Anyway just counting down to the first appointment and will see what happens then.

soon to be sleeved 542174
Lee Lee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

soon to be sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: soon to be sleeved   soon to be sleeved Empty

Back to top Go down

soon to be sleeved
Page 1 of 1