AuthorMessage
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 1:46 pm

diamonds you stole my words!!

but i will say it as well

LOVE IT!! its soooo true!!

I went to see my crazy doc (pysch) for the first time in a few months and he said today was the happiest he has ever seen me!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
alotta

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 12:47 pm

Gail, I am so looking forward to having the energy to do things with my kids or even be light enough to get on the trampoline with them!

Being overweight we miss out on so much in life ..I can't wait to stop surviving & start living!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:48 am

Hi,

Welcome and congratulations on a great decision.

I have to tell you that on top of absolutely all of the other fantastic things that the weight loss with the sleeve has given me. My most favorite is the energy that it has given me to do things with my grand daughter. I am doing things now that I couldn't even do when I had my own kids. Just priceless !!!

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 7:27 am

Yup, the opti stage is a bit of a pain :-) But, honestly from this side, it is so short compared with the fantastic benefits you are going to feel as you lose weight. Be strong, and come on here whenever you need to whinge, we've almost all either been there, or will be pretty soon.

Hugs - Carrie
P.S. The ticker looks great, and well done on the 8kg lost already Newbie ...mum of 3 446871
Back to top Go down
alotta

Female

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 5:24 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

I am currently on the count down ...sleeve date 22/09/10!!

The opifast diet is terrible! I am constantly hungry, this is my 5th day so about 9 days to go on it & then it's surgery day!!

So so glad I brought the optislim which my dietician said would be ok instead of opitfast as she gave me some samples of the opifast and it is YUCK!
Although I tried an opislim soup last night and they are not cool either!

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, the paranoia of having the op is getting to be a bit with all the 'what if's'. And then I look in the mirror and think 'what if' I don't do it am I going to look like this forever!

I have tried to set up a signature, hopefully it works ...and when I ever find the time I will start a diary (maybe today!).
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 10:33 am

Alotta
WELCOME!
This is a great support site!
Good luck with the prep!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 10:26 am

Hi Alotta

Welcome to the site!!!

Nat
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 10:16 am

Hi Alotta

It's nice to meet you :-) Now that you are a member on the site you will find you can access a lot more areas. Have a look at The Diaries in particular are great and the Pre-op & Post-op sections should both be helpful.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Happy:)
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 10:58 am

Hi alotta

Yeah, 7 days to go and I am excited but scared. I have a very low pain threshold, so I will be a real sook after the op! Feel sorry for the nurses!!

I think I'm doing ok with opti. I actually have optifast sometimes and optislim at other times. My dietician approved this. There is more of a variety, so I'm coping. What I find hard is cooking dinner for my family and not being able to touch it. I sometimes take the slightest taste just to get it out of my system. I know I shouldn't but it keeps me sane! I only have 7 more days of opti . . . . . . counting down. Let us know what you think of opti. You start tomorrow yeah?
Back to top Go down
alotta

Female

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Happy   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 1:27 pm

Hi Happy

Your sleeve date must be getting close ...I bet you are a jumble of emotions!

How is the Opifast going? Finding it hard to stick with?
Back to top Go down
alotta

Female

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Hey   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 1:25 pm

Hey supermum, that does sound very similar!!

My twins drive me insane on a regular basis - maybe that is why I work full-time!! Only yesterday the 3 kids managed to break the clothes line grrr!

I am booked in for 22nd Sept and start the dreaded Optifast on Wednesday! ...I am really NOT looking forward to that!!

Or the pain, I am a bit of a whimp! But surely the sleeve can't be any worse than a c-section riiiight??
Back to top Go down
Supermum

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 2:10 pm

Hi ya from another newbie!
Wow reading your story was a little freaky! You could be me! lol
I too am a mum of 3. I have been overweight pretty much most of my life and have tried everything to lose it. When I think of the $$ spent "shudder"! I have a daughter who is 7 and identical twin girls who are currently 21 months.
My weight grew with each pregnancy and is now at its highest. I only work part time so admire your juggling!!!
Twins certainly pose some unique challenges and I also suffered from PND (which apparently is higher in multiple births) so that didnt help the weight problem!!
I am booked in for November 8th as we are going away in Oct.

Good luck with everything and I look forward to getting to know you and comparing our journeys!!
Back to top Go down
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 6:05 am

Hey alotta

Glad you joined the sleeve family! I'm having my op 9 days from now and I couldn't imagine what my sanity would be like without the support from the people that I met on this site. If you haven't already done so, you can add your op date on the site calendar, start a diary and record all your thoughts and feelings, create a ticker to record your weight loss; and you can upload your own photos to the gallery. The site is truly awesome!!

Best wishes with your journey alotta. Really looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Newbie ...mum of 3 217555
Back to top Go down
alotta

Female

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 2:25 am

Hi All,

I've been looking on this site for awhile now, and it was one of my motivators for choosing the sleeve over the band ...so thank you all!!

My gastric sleeve surgery is booked for 22nd September with Dr Andrew Russell in Rockhampton. The date is getting closer and I start the Optifast Wednesday which is not far away, this week I have been trying to be good & loosly following celebrity slim, just so I don't get such a HUGE shock with the Optifast!

I am excited, nervous, scared ....I think it will be a roller coaster ride of emotions over the next few months! I haven't told anyone (except my hubby) what is happening, mostly because I don't want to be judged, or hear everyone's opinions. Haven't decided yet if I will tell anyone after the surgery or not guess I'll see how it goes.

I am 29, married with 3 young children (who are all soon to have birthdays) they are miss 5, mr 2 & miss 2 (yes they are twins). My BMI is about 42, I work full-time and juggle everything sometimes well sometimes not!

Since my childhood I have always struggled with my weight, and after having my first child only got under 100kg once (which didn't last long!). Then 3 years later we had twins, since then I've all but given up on my dream to be slim, or even just fit 'normal' sized clothes.

But finally I am doing something about it, apparently now is the best time while I am still young and haven't got any serious side effects from my weight.

Love to hear from anyone & everyone about their experience's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie ...mum of 3   Newbie ...mum of 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie ...mum of 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: