mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 3:45 am

Thankana.......Might be an idea to trial Psyllium husks instead of Benefibre.... it is good for "bulking up" stools...
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 5:54 am

thankana wrote:
I am finding it strange having a bowel movement routine after going everyday. I was always led to believe if u dont go everyday there's something wrong.

Jumping in here..lol.. Doctor once told me that some people go a few times a day and some people only go every 4-5 days everyone's bowel movements are different and normal to their own bodies.....yours just need to settle into a new routine......may change now from every day to every 3-4 days.....
Nerida
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 6:50 pm

mapmar wrote:
Phew.... thanks for getting back to me about that....
Take it easy with the benefibre... if it doesn't work for you maybe trial Imodium.... but always check with the pharmacist or your gp to make sure everything is okay....

I might speak to my GP first. He's dying to see me, my dad went in to see him yesterday and he was asking questions about my weight loss and and is sooooo excited. He is the best GP in the world!!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

Phew.... thanks for getting back to me about that....
Take it easy with the benefibre... if it doesn't work for you maybe trial Imodium.... but always check with the pharmacist or your gp to make sure everything is okay....
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 9:11 am

mapmar wrote:
Have you had your problem (IBS) diagnosed by a gastroenterologist? There could be many reasons why you have the opposite problem... taking benefibre may give you "formed" motions... or "bulk" them up ... sorry if TMI... but I work with these words everyday so it is 2nd nature to me! LOL As long as everything is okay and you have been checked out ie: colonoscopy/ct scan/coeliac disease blood tests etc etc.... eating proper fibre could bulk up your motions..... if it does persist you may need to be checked out further.... no doctor here....

Thanks for the input. It's not TMI, it's what I need. I've had all the tests and I'm healthy as. I have compulsory blood tests twice a year and my doctor tests for everything. In the last couple of days all good and problem over, amazing!!! I'm going to start taking benefibre now.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 7:58 am

Have you had your problem (IBS) diagnosed by a gastroenterologist? There could be many reasons why you have the opposite problem... taking benefibre may give you "formed" motions... or "bulk" them up ... sorry if TMI... but I work with these words everyday so it is 2nd nature to me! LOL As long as everything is okay and you have been checked out ie: colonoscopy/ct scan/coeliac disease blood tests etc etc.... eating proper fibre could bulk up your motions..... if it does persist you may need to be checked out further.... no doctor here....
Back to top Go down
hape2cu

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 3:21 am

I hope you dont mind my jumping onto this topic. I actually have the total opposite problem - if you get what i mean. havent done a solid once since surgery a month ago.

That being said i've always suffered from it with IBS but i thought eating less and less fatty foods would of helped.

So would i be correct in assuming i should be taking this Benefibre to block me up some?

hape2cu
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 6:48 pm

I am finding it strange having a bowel movement routine after going everyday. I was always led to believe if u dont go everyday there's something wrong.
Back to top Go down
kold78
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 5:35 am

I take Benefibre 2teaspoons twice a day in large glass water. Im how many weeks out and have only just started good bowel movements............and only every 3rd day. Im just not eating a lot to waste. Keep the water up, it will help....... after going every day for the last 40 odd years it strange getting in to a new a new bowel pattern
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 4:50 am

Thanks for that, I'm almost 7 weeks post op and it's getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 4:10 am

I personally use Peritone (purchase from health shop)... use for a few days to get your bowels moving. I find it quite gentle on tummy/bowels.....
Then with Benefibre - use as directed on the bottle..... but if you feel it is too much, the add a teaspoon at a time each few days to increase it slowly..... also make sure you drink plenty of fluids during the day.....
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 3:40 am

mapmar wrote:
Once your bowels are moving properly... if you start taking benefibre now your constipation will increase.... you need to build up fibre gradually .....

Ok thanks, do you know how I can do this?
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 3:09 am

Once your bowels are moving properly... if you start taking benefibre now your constipation will increase.... you need to build up fibre gradually .....
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI EmptyThu 11 Nov 2010, 2:11 am

Hi All

I have been constipated since surgery and manage no twos every 4 days. I take a stool softener now and again so I dont sit on the toilet for half an hour. When Should I start taking benefibre. Sorry people told u it was Too Much Info.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI   When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI Empty

Back to top Go down

When Should I Start Taking Benefibre- sorry TMI
Page 1 of 1