AuthorMessage
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

OMG Where do I start....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 10:21 am

Fantastic News Jodi! The publicity will hopefully let so many people know about the surgery, whom could really benefit from it.
All the best Chook
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 1:27 am

Welldone and thanks. fortunately I didnt see the programme but enough people did in my family to put negative thoughts out there and I must say it actually concerned me at the time. Im having surgery in just under 2 weeks and this was the only time that I wasnt sure about it. Thanks to all of you for your comments, I was hoping that someone would say that the lady was a bit of a whinge because that kinda sums it up for me!
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 12:15 am

Heya Jodi,

You go gal.... well done for putting your hand up & being a responsbible advocate for the sleeve.

I totally missed the episode you are talking about.......but sounds very much like there was no balance - thus misrepresenting the results achievable by the majority with the sleeve......not good journalism at all..........did they talk about why the sleeve failed for this lady ?.... was there self-sabotage involved or unusual medical problems - i imagine there would be an underlying reason for her poor results - just wondering if the show highlighted those in a responsible way.

hugs gal
Bella....xx
Back to top Go down
Lozzy
Lozzy

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 11:52 pm

Hi Jodi
I really look forward to reading your story. my mum saw that segment on TV and now she has based her opinion on the sleeve surgery on what this lady had to say. (I unfortunately did not get the chance to watch it and have not been able to find a copy of it on there website or YouTube) so you can see my mum is worried and not very supportive of me having the surgery. i have seven months to work on her and convince her that all will be fine and this is best decision for me. Again looking forward to readying your article if posted on here.
Lozzy
OMG Where do I start....... 446871
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 7:39 am

Ohhh how exciting!!!

Pity neither of you got responses re the other story as more success stories need to be out there to combat that woman who I truly believe would whinge about anything and everything (that was just my first impression of her...lol)

Make sure you post the articles Jodi...cant wait to see it :)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 4:06 am

Oh, Jodi, that's great - good on you!
I sent an email off to the TV show complaining about that article, but never even got a response.
Good luck with the interview.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG Where do I start.......   OMG Where do I start....... Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG Where do I start.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: