8 posters
AuthorMessage
dd5290
dd5290

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-08-16

APRA Approval, but super not so happy Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 4:50 am

Apra knocking me back because my surgery isnt life threatening & because dr used her own wording not the apra wording

i dont beleive this is happening to me, just feel it wont happen

sorry im on a big downer

well i have just had word from my bank manager & we are that far infront in repayments on our investment property i can use that money - didnt want to go that way but what the hell - i am paying for my body to be well again
Back to top Go down
dd5290
dd5290

Female

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 11:43 am

apparently my surgeon not happy with the wording that apra states - i havent seen him yet, have to check with the office - i emailed everthing to them, it was the office who told me he doesnt usually do them - so i dont really know

i just know that mlc will pay out if apra approve me, i have to ring apra 6th sept, they told me they could verbal me then, wed 31st if i ring i can get application number

if something will go wrong it will - that seems to be my story, but time will tell
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 10:51 am

My experience was surprisingly smooth, I thought I would have heaps more trouble. My super fund also had something on their website saying that they complied with APRA so that helped as well.

dd5290 you may want to check with APRA re: the surgeon's letter, my understanding his quote and letter were fundamental to the application and couldn't be processed or considered until they had it as the GP is only supporting what the surgeon is recommending as the expert. Why won't your surgeon write the letter?
Back to top Go down
dd5290
dd5290

Female

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySat 27 Aug 2011, 9:25 am

im worried Apra will say no, my super company have said they will release as soon as i get a letter from apra, thats the bit im wooried about, even before my paperwork has gone to super company they asked me if i had it & i said its all filled out ready to go, they said MAKE SURE you put your bank details so the money can be paid to you direct - wow
Back to top Go down
duzzenmada
duzzenmada

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 10:46 am

Guest wrote:
DAMN SUPER FUNDS & APRA!!
APRA Approval, but super not so happy 557634

They both like to make things as difficult as possible to prolong every single step.
I had a nightmare time with both APRA and my Super Fund and the process took months due to their lack of interest, omitting to mention steps, losing my application, continually requiring "one more" letter from everyone about 4 times, etc, etc, etc. I actually had a nervous breakdown because of it.

In answer to your question, they did the same to me, omitted telling me to send in other paperwork with the approval letter. Even if APRA wrote on the bottom of their letter "now contact your fund and confirm what paperwork they need with this approval letter" then it would make life less stressful for those of us about to undergo major surgery!!!!

Sorry for the rant but i really hate them for driving me to insanity with the direct intent of misleading me, lying to me and for never once treating me like a human being.

Andie

Actually, the APRA letter does say that, or at least mine did. It says,

"Your superannuation trustee/RSA provider will make the final decision about whether or not to release your superannuation benefits to you. Before any such release they may ask you to complete a form and/or provide further information, such as proof of identity. If you have not already done so, I would encourage you to contact your superannuation trustee/RSA provider to confirm what, besides this letter, they require."

They might have changed the wording recently if people have been having problems.
Back to top Go down
dd5290
dd5290

Female

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptyWed 24 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

how do you mean you got your local minister involved, im not following
Back to top Go down
De
De

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-08-15

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptyWed 24 Aug 2011, 11:16 am

Guest wrote:

They both like to make things as difficult as possible to prolong every single step.
I had a nightmare time with both APRA and my Super Fund and the process took months due to their lack of interest, omitting to mention steps, losing my application, continually requiring "one more" letter from everyone about 4 times, etc, etc, etc. I actually had a nervous breakdown because of it.

In answer to your question, they did the same to me, omitted telling me to send in other paperwork with the approval letter. Even if APRA wrote on the bottom of their letter "now contact your fund and confirm what paperwork they need with this approval letter" then it would make life less stressful for those of us about to undergo major surgery!!!!

Sorry for the rant but i really hate them for driving me to insanity with the direct intent of misleading me, lying to me and for never once treating me like a human being.

Andie

Exactly my case!! I had to get my local minister involved to get any response at all and still waiting on final super approval.

I've already had to cancel all my surgery/bloods/admission appointment one (was optimistically booked in for a July date originally) but now I'm just going to wait until the funds clear - if they clear! - to rebook my dates.... grrr
Back to top Go down
http://www.launchconcierge.com/
dd5290
dd5290

Female

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 6:42 am

hi

i am also now waiting for Apra & using some of hubbies as i dont have much in mine, faxed & emailed everything to them, my gp did a different letter to what they are asking & i havent got 1 from my surgeon - apparently he doesnt do them so i am hoping it goes through, gp says her letter is worded stronger than there example - i hope so

on a + side, my super company will release if apra approve & they will pay directly to my account, they said if anything left over from what i requested then i can pay it back into my super (yeah right with the bottom dropping out of it & it worth less now than 2 yrs ago) or i can do what ever i like with it - paying for hubbys teeth

am worried about the money we have been saving our hearts our for - to pay for pre op holiday - hoping they dont make me use that, hubby really needs the holiday,

anyway enough sooking i will find out one way or another soon

deb
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 12:14 am

So sorry to hear your being mucked around. I was so surprised how easy it was for mine to go through, within a month I had funds in my account. I thought it would be so much harder, especially considering my husband was claiming his super on compassionate grounds for me! I really expected to be going around in circles!
I hope it all goes through for you fast.
Trace
Back to top Go down
nickif
nickif

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 10:10 pm

i too had problems with my super company, apra approved mine straight away and my super company took there sweet time, i also requested it be deposited into my account because of the delays and it was cutting it really fine for me to pay the doc upfront and they refused that also i ended up getting my cheque on the friday and i was going into hospital on the monday so i had to borrow the money for the doc and pay in advance and the hospital i paid when i was released thank god. Just make sure you send all the correct stuff cause they do muck you around. Good luck.

Nicole
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 9:38 am

Andie
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 7:43 am

Hey Rowena,
my super fund worked exactly the same way...and I got my funds within 14-18 days of sending the form back to them. The most important part was that APRA signed off on it....just send all your info off to your super as soon as you can.
Good luck with it all
Back to top Go down
Rowena
Rowena

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 7:02 am

Hello there,

I have 4.5 weeks to go to my surgery. Over a month ago, apra approved my early release and sent me a letter to send to super fund.. Yesterday I get a letter in the mail from my super saying I have to fill in a special form for them and also I have to confirm who I am etc...

I am starting to freak out that its not gonna be approved in time?

Please help "(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRA Approval, but super not so happy   APRA Approval, but super not so happy Empty

Back to top Go down

APRA Approval, but super not so happy
Page 1 of 1