AuthorMessage
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

APRA approval timeframe Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 10:15 am

Well Stretch,

Because Apra needed more information that I faxed off within 2 hours of them asking for it and I am back to the bottom of the pile. So if they approve it next time they look at it it will have taken nine weeks from the when I faxed off the application.

Make sure the dates on your quotes are no more than 30 days old when your application goes in.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 6:02 am

Hi Stretch,

My approval day was 15 days.
Application Submitted to APRA Via Email : - 14th March
Application Processed : - Wednesday 30th MARCH
Application Approved: - Friday 1st April.

It took 15 days to process and approve it :)
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 5:24 am

Hello Stretch,

My PHI clicks over eraly July, I waited till Jan this year got a surgery date, for July this year. Then I thought I will wait till end of May to apply to Apra. There is a large back log at the moment as I think the somthing has been changed so that flood victims can access their super too. So what would normally take 3 week turn around will be about 5-6 weeks turn around and that is if everything goes smoothly.

From reading here on this site I decided to put mine in last month. They are assessing it right now so in a few hours I should have an answer.

Don't leave it too close to your surgery date is my advice.
Back to top Go down
stretch2011
stretch2011

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 4:07 am

Thanks for the reply!

Ill look into it maybe 5 months before my PHI is good to go - that should be enough time!
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 2:32 am

My apra approval took about 3 long months. But I had to give them more info twice which slowed the process as each new info sends your application to the bottom of the pile again. Some ppl have haduch quicker results. It takes a while to get all your info together and the letters from drs must be worded correctly. You'll need quotes from dr and anaesthetist as well.
You've got plenty of time on your hands yet. I'd wait a while as prices may change...
Good luck
I'm so pleased with my weight loss and don't regret this op at all!!
Tebecca
Back to top Go down
stretch2011
stretch2011

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 1:25 am

Hi all,

Just wondering how long APRA takes (generally) to process applications?

I have only just taken out PHI, so have 11months on my hands... But I don't want to leave my application for funds till the last minute!

Is it something you can pre-apply for? Or is it better to wait closer to the date (I realize you need letters from the Dr and Surgeons)

Do surgeons book that far in advance?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRA approval timeframe   APRA approval timeframe Empty

Back to top Go down

APRA approval timeframe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: