Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BigDaz
BigDaz

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)   Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,
Well as the title suggests my surgeon will be Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson I have already seen him once, seen his dietician and also the pre admission nurse and will be booking a date for surgery on wednesday 6th october. (aiming for late november as I have to wait for APRA to do their thing)
Shae the dietician was very nice and non judgemental which is something I have never seen from the many dieticians I have seen in the past. Anne the preadmission nurse was great and very tolerant of my little terror 3 year old who was having one of his moments.

Has anyone here had any experiences with this Doctor? he operates out of St John of God at Geelong.

From my experiences so far I can't compliment this Doctor and his staff enough to do them justice.
The cost of the op is quoted at 11.5 - 12k due to the possibility of 2 days in ICU. From my research this sounds very reasonable. Anyone beg to differ?

Cheers
Bigdaz

Last edited by BigDaz on Sun 03 Oct 2010, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BigDaz

PostSubject: Re: Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)   Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 7:46 am

I am paying out of pocket via APRA 100% as I don't have PHI and cant wait 12 months due to logistics and financial issues.
No date yet Loz, seeing Darrin on wednesday and will be booking for late november.
Cheers
Bigdaz
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)   Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 5:45 am

Hi BigDaz
I haven't heard of him either, but then not many have heard of mine.
My surgeon is charging me about $4,000 after Health insurance, and the anaesthetist will be $1800 and an assistant about $400 all after private health and medicare - all up about $6,200. (and that is after having a gastric band in 2000 (forgot what that cost, about $2200) that he removed this July which cost another $1200 for the surgeon & $600 for the aneaesthetist). Am praying it works for me - and I realise I have to work with it too.
As for your op - got a date yet?
And you are right - it is a breath of fresh air to speak to a dietitian who assists you in your decision and helps pave the way for success - (instead of judging your previous efforts and making you feel like a failure).
If you like them and feel confident with them, then stick with it I suppose.
Best wishes
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)   Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 2:55 am

I don't know anything about the surgeon, but regarding the fees - is that before private health insurance or after? Because I only paid about $3500...
Back to top Go down
BigDaz
BigDaz

Male

PostSubject: Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)   Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

Hi all,
Well as the title suggests my surgeon will be Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson I have already seen him once, seen his dietician and also the pre admission nurse and will be booking a date for surgery on wednesday 6th october. (aiming for late november as I have to wait for APRA to do their thing)
Shae the dietician was very nice and non judgemental which is something I have never seen from the many dieticians I have seen in the past. Anne the preadmission nurse was great and very tolerant of my little terror 3 year old who was having one of his moments.

Has anyone here had any experiences with this Doctor? he operates out of St John of God at Geelong.

From my experiences so far I can't compliment this Doctor and his staff enough to do them justice.
The cost of the op is quoted at 11.5 - 12k due to the possibility of 2 days in ICU. From my research this sounds very reasonable. Anyone beg to differ?

Cheers
Bigdaz

Last edited by BigDaz on Sun 03 Oct 2010, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)   Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson (Geelong)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2