10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 7:42 am

I'm due to have surgery in a little under 4 weeks by Darrin.

I need to pay $2500 prior to surgery. I'm with AHM. When I drop the admission papers off, I might go ask what other costs I can expect.

Not sure if that covers anaesthesiologist etc.

Nervous, yet excited.
Back to top Go down
Medicub

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: going to see Darren   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 26 May 2012, 2:25 am

Darren is about $4000.00 out of pocket i believe, he is fabulous.

cheers
Back to top Go down
moniqueb
moniqueb

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

DHS wrote:
HCF has an alliance with my superannuation to give me a further 12.5% off my premiums!

Hi 'DHS' this sounds great... who's your super with? I have HCF cover too,

monique
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 1:09 am

I'm seeing him today to finalise things. We can be on this journey together!
Back to top Go down
Princess
Princess

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 5:08 am

Hey Melstormgirl,

Welcome to the other side! Hope your recovery is smooth and speedy. I was done on Monday 26th myself, and thankfully I feel a little better with each passing day.

I don't know if you have seen the March Sleevers thread; come on over. They are an amazing bunch on there. Lots of love and support for everyone.

All the very best to you
Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong 217555
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wM7T9Uz/]
shorty
shorty

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 3:59 am

Hi, Hope you are feeling well after the op. I also was sleeved by Darrin and he is wonderful just a really lovely person and easy to speak with. I was sleeved last sep and am now down 30.5kg and preg. Ialso live in Geelong and am soon to be a mum of three. I wish u all the very best.
Back to top Go down
melstormgirl

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 1:06 am

Well I had my surgery done by Darrin this week and he was great. He called my husband up right after surgery to tell him it went well, then came and saw me several times. I am very happy I went with him
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

Thats nice of them! haha

I will check with mine then, never heard of that before.

Will have to look into it.

I have seen Dr Draper and I am now with HCF. I was with AHM but changed as HCF gave us more cover and better rates. I also just had a nice surprise to find out that HCF has an alliance with my superannuation to give me a further 12.5% off my premiums - very happy about that. All this health stuff is so expensive!
Back to top Go down
melstormgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 8:21 am

Gap cover is when a doctor has an agreement with a private health insurance company and will agree to waive some of the gap amount
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 3:04 am

What is gap cover???.
Back to top Go down
miranita

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 7:52 am

Thanks for the information. i will definetly ask my doc(s) about Gap Cover as I checked with my Insurance and it would be applicable to the level of cover i Have.
Back to top Go down
melstormgirl

Female

PostSubject: cost   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 2:14 am

As for cost, let him know your circumstances and ask if he can reduce the costs
Don't know which private health you have but I am with medibank. I got the anesthetist quote which was $1346, with out of pocket of around $800, called up both medibank and anaeth office and asked if they participated in GAP COVER which they do so my out of pocket is reduced to $340!!!
Back to top Go down
melstormgirl

Female

PostSubject: Darrin   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 2:11 am

I am booked in to have the sleeve with Darrin on 27th MArch.
HAve to say I really like him. Have only met him once but after having a horrible time in the past with my band and a non supportive surgeon, he is 1000% times better and made me comfortable right away.
I have seen his dietitian, which was good, and have an appt with his nurse this week.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

Welcome miranita, hope this forum helps with your sleeve journey. Mine certainly wouldn't have been as smooth without it!!
My out of pocket was over $5000 but as Kate said all docs, ass, sleep docs ect ect ect all charge differently. You will get quotes with our of pocket given to you as you go through the appointment stage. Good luck.
Kate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 11:49 pm

Hi Miranita, great to see you join our forum. I have found it a fantastic support in my pre sleeve journey. Hope you find this as homey and warm as I have.

All the best Trish
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

Hi Miranita and welcome to the forum. Sorry can't help you with your doctor I haven't heard of him but then I live in NSW. There is a thread that has a lot doctors listed and people have commented on their experiences so check that out and see if he is there. Out of pocket expenses depends on the surgeon and what kind of hospital coverage you have. You will soon notice that all surgeons charge different fees and also have different pre and post op guidelines for their patients to follow. Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
miranita

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-03-10

PostSubject: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

Hi all.

Im 37 years old and 94kg. After years struggling to lose weight, i am ready to take the sleeve option. Im a single mum and being around and healthy for my baby girl is my main motivation. I leave in geelong and will have the surgery down here. i have an app with Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in 2 weeks but i would love to hear from any one who knows him.

Does any one know how much is the out of pocket after private health Insurance and medicare?

Well, thanks for your support and I hope to be able to contribute somehow to your journey as well!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong   Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking to start a new life. Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson in geelong
Page 1 of 1