Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 10:28 pm

That's fantastic. Well done to you! Great to hear you recovered so well!
Back to top Go down
JazzyJ

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 8:08 pm

I saw Darrin in November 2014 for my first appointment and had the procedure in mid March 2015. The only other test I had was an ECG a few days before at the same time as the bloods at SJOG. Post op, I did not have to do the swallow test, which some surgeons like to do before being discharged.

I took 3 weeks off work for recovery, and realistically could have only taken 2, but it was nice to have that 3rd week. By weeks 5-6 I was on regular foods and feeling back to normal, able to exercise etc.
I'm feeling great now. Best decision I've ever made. I started at 110kg, and have lost 32kg since the start of optifast (which you do for 2 weeks pre-op). I've got another 9kg till I hit my goal weight, which will probably take a while now, as the weight loss slows down as you get further along.
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 2:12 pm

JazzyJ, that's great to hear! I've heard really great things about him.

Did you have any other pre op tests other than bloods? How long from your first appointment with him until you were sleeved?

How's your recovery going?

Lisa :)
Back to top Go down
JazzyJ

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm

I was sleeved by Dr Goodall-Wilson in March this year and don't have a bad word to say about him. He is excellent at discussing the procedure and explaining what's to be expected. My recovery was quick and I had no complications. The nursing staff at SJOG were great too. Darrin came to see me every day that I was in hospital. My GP gave me a copy of my most recent blood tests to hand over on my first appointment. I had another lot of bloods done a few days before the op. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
JazzyJ
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 12:46 pm

Forgot to say that my friend used him and highly recommends him. I just have my initial appointment booked, don't have a sleeve date yet. Can I ask what pre op tests he got you to do (if any?)
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 10:51 am

I have an appointment with him on November 30 - it was the earliest I could get! I tried Matthew Leong as well but he's booked up until November too.
Back to top Go down
ebach17

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-24

PostSubject: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015, 8:41 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone used Dr. Goodall-Wilson for their gastric sleeve operation. I'm having a hard time finding any kind of feedback online. I have my date set for November, but wanted to connect with any of his previous patients. Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?    Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone's surgeon Darrin Goodall-Wilson in Geelong?
Page 1 of 1