6 posters
AuthorMessage
diddles
diddles

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Scared!  Have I made the right decision? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 5:16 am

one hundred million times yes

i felt the same way

i young so i was freaking out that i was going to live the rest of my life only being able to a Grain waive and never be able to drink ever again.

best descision ever your will never regret it
Back to top Go down
ozkate62
ozkate62

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 11:06 am

I'm soooo glad to have found this forum and read your posts. I was banded Jul 09 and it was removed 2 weeks later. The horror of that is starting to creep back into my thought processes. I'm hoping my sleeve surgery will be on Jan 14 or 15. Will know more after I see the surgeon again on the 7th Dec. It's going to be a long road to keep a lid on my terror and anxiety.....and I understand the 'risking life to save life' thoughts. Then I get the guilts too - if I could've done better with diets I wouldn't be here now......hmmm. Serious work on my psyhe coming up. Thank you for this opportunity to talk though xx
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:14 am

yes! i felt exactly the same, i think most people do

i am one month post surgery and i can say it is the best thing i have ever done!
Back to top Go down
Sweetbee703
Part of the furniture
Sweetbee703

Female
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

Oh Tracey,

i am exactly felling the same as you are right now..

when Dr. Taylor gave me a list of dates and the first available was 8th Oct, and i was so freaked out i said i will need to sort my leave first and just could'nt think of anything else..just needed out of his rooms thats all.. i got out and thought no.. s@#$ what am i doing here, i don't want to cut myself up to feel better.. and panic panic panic...

On top of my own panic.. my husband was upset and confused when he saw the consent form which lists all the possible complications including death!! thats it, he wanted to cancel everything.. i said to him i have time to cancel if i decide that i won't be able to take it.. (3 weeks before surgery).. but no i will not cancel as i want to live my life with much better quality..

I have two young girls they are 3 and 8 yrs old... and DH just can't stop thinking about the complications that might occur..

May be a Psych visit will calm us down i would say.. mine is a month away from now.. don't know if i am going to stop panicking until then..

Hope you will feel better once you saw the Psych..

Please keep us posted about your progress and good luck with your journey.

Regards

Sweetbee

Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 11:26 pm

You're not alone Tracey - I guarantee everyone on here felt the same - I certainly did! But I am so happy I made the decision to go ahead. It has totally changed my life.
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm

I am absolutely petrified! Of the surgery, of dying on the table.
I feel like I am risking my life to save my life, if that makes sense.
I am also very excited about the prospect of it working and me losing weight and becoming healthy so that I can live a longer happier more energetic life with my family.
But I am also just so scared.
I have so many mixed emotions.
Last night I finally completed all the Super annuation early release paper work and wow what a relief!
But yes my feelings just keep going up and down about this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scared! Have I made the right decision?   Scared!  Have I made the right decision? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scared! Have I made the right decision?
Page 1 of 1