AuthorMessage
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Newbie decision made :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 1:07 am

hello all

im going with dr greenslade as well and i asked if i could have the biggest loser shakes my dietician said yes but u must take multi vitamins while on the biggest loser ones because we have to have them for 3 meals and they r normly only made to have 2 and a main meal.... i asked the doctor if he agreed and he said yes it was ok. But dietician highlighted that i must have the multi vitamins with the biggest loser 3 shakes a day or the soups.

mel
Back to top Go down
shirley1075
shirley1075

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Date of Sleeve 23rd March   Newbie decision made :) EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 12:33 am

[i][b] Hi there I am booked in on the 23rd of March to be sleeved by Dr Greenslade I have heard nothing but great stuff so far & so many good stories. I would like to listen to any if anyone else has any they wouls like to share. I still am a bit unsur of what diet to go on prior to the op I was thinking biggest loser? Then post op don't know what to have do I stay on the shakes? I heard Diet ginger cordial? Has anyone got any suggestions? Newbie decision made :) 21984
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:51 pm

Totally agree Gail. Hubby calls me a cheap date now!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:43 pm

Absolutely true Gail. But the cost of new clothes!!!! Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:27 pm

Hi Tarnz,
I agree with the others the cost of surgery in the long run is very little compared to the health risk.
BUT I also have to add that I have spend so little on feeding myself in the last 12 weeks that I am probably saving at least $100 a week on food. Honestly it costs me so little now, no little extras, no grazing, no expensive snacks. FANTASTIC

Good luck on your journey.
Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 1:14 pm

Hey MumTo3Kiddies - great to hear you're doing so well!!

Hi Tarnz - I agree with MumTo3, please don't feel bad or guilty about the surgery cost. Its no small amount for anyone but I'm only 3 months post op and I can run down the stairs to iron up my kids school uniforms, I went in the pool with them on the weekend, I keep finding things that I can do now that I passed on before the op.

Money is money but you can't put a price on the improved quality of life you'll have after this op with the lost weight and found confidence.
Good luck!!
Newbie decision made :) 63412
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:05 am

thank you all for your feedback I have my first appointment with dr greenslade next week looking forward to it :)
Back to top Go down
sunland
Sponsor
sunland

Male
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 11:40 am

Tarnz,

I am very happy with my choice as well
Best of Luck with your decision

Cya

Greg
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptySat 24 Oct 2009, 6:38 am

Hi there,
I was sleeved by Dr Greenslade in Feb (as was Sunland and others I cant remember though I did meet one of his patients sleeved in Dec and she also did great). I had a really easy time recovering post op with no issues since. I had a couple of minor questions that I emailed and he responded back so I am happy with that as well.
As I am a nurse, I did a bit of research first, and am pleased by my choice.
Regards,
Sophia
Back to top Go down
mumto3kiddies

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 10:09 am

You will probably need another referal to go and see Dr Greenslade but so worth it just to have another option.

I know how you feel. I was originally going through my lapband surgeon but he was going to be $1000 more but again it wasn't about the money - there were other issues and I wanted a fresh start and Dr Greenslade has certainly given me that and oh he is wonderful.

Don't feel like you are taking money away from your kids to have the op.

The op for me was to enable me to have a life so I can give "them" my kids and my husband a better life. I hid away, didn't want to do the simplest things like go to the park or go for a walk or infact have the extra energy to just get out the door.

It is about mental for me and just losing the 10kgs gosh not having to lug that around is just amazing and not having my daily lunchtime sleep. To hopefully go and lose a further 30kgs or so OMG I can't even think what that would me for me and the kids..

So, celebrate that and not focus on the money cause anywhere from here will be greater for yourself and your family..

Newbie decision made :) 217555
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 10:02 am

dont think I could cope with a two week turn around .. well I could but work and the kids couldnt lol

I have heard good things about Dr Greenslade ... my referral is addressed to Mark Daoud I wonder if it would be ok to get my GP to change it to Dr Greenslade if he was avaliable and if he was cheaper than Dr Daoud?

I know it shouldnt all be about money but when your paying for this yourself these things do come into consideration

Especially as I feel like Im taking money away from my kids and hubby ... geez I can go on lol
Back to top Go down
mumto3kiddies

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 1:28 pm

Hi Welcome.

AFter having a band and then having it out due to leak etc, I am now 5.5wks out from my sleeve op and I know that this is changing my life. I am already lower than I was with the band (losing a whole 4kgs with it) and now I am 10kgs light and feeling so brilliant.

By week 3 I have been able to eat pritty much anything but in smaller portions. I'm still learning the signs of when I'm full but hey so different to the band.

I am on the gold coast and Dr Greenslade from Greenslopes did my sleeve. He was/is SO AMAZING. His care was second to none and never made me feel like an idiot and listen to any of my concerns. Nothing was too much trouble and checked on me twice in the afternoon before he went home for the day - was so impressed.

His fees are also really great and would highly recommend him to you aswell.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 1:00 pm

Dr Daoud did my surgery. If you go see him be prepared for a quick turn around, I had my surgery 2 weeks after my frst appointment! JayNay and Ja had him too.
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 12:56 pm

thanks for that Lib ... ive been researching the surgeon Ive booked to see Dr Mark Daoud... havent seen to much about him .... not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol ... not to sure who else offers sleeving here in Brisbane but will keep looking :)
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 12:35 pm

I'd go the sleeve over the band everytime! Good luck with your journey!
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female

PostSubject: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 12:26 pm

Hi all

I have been considering WLD for the last two years and have been saving for the last year :)
I went to attend a lapband seminar tonight got there and it must have been cancelled no one was there
I have another seminar next week and the surgeon offers lapband and sleeve ... but from what Ive read here .. and the fact there was no one at the seminar tonight I have made the decision to have the sleeving surgery
Anyways thank you all for all your fantastic posts its great to be able to read real life experiences Newbie decision made :) 725676
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie decision made :)   Newbie decision made :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie decision made :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: