AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New World!   Hello New World! EmptySat 28 Aug 2010, 6:07 am

Hi Fi,
Welcome and congratulations.
Soooo glad that you found the sleeve instead of the band, it will change your life as it has all of ours.

Good luck on the journey.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New World!   Hello New World! EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:41 pm

Hi Fi,

It's great to meet you and welcome you to our happy little group. Congratulations on getting your sleeve date, and congratulations too on your new career. I think it is fantastic when I hear about people having the courage to make huge positive changes to their lives like you are. my favourite song is "Why walk when you can fly" by Mary Chapin Carpenter, and it sounds like that is what you are doing :-)

Like you, I originally looked at the band. I am so pleased my surgeon told me about the sleeve, the more I read, the more fortunate I feel that I never went down that route. I was sleeved in Feb this year and have never regreted it for even a nano second.

Have a good nosey around the site, there is a lot of great information here The Diaries in particular are a great resource and the Pre-op & Post-op sections are very helpful.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works and if you want to include a ticker in your signature, you will find the instructions there.

If you can't find the information you need, ask away, there are lots of lovely people here who will do their best to help.

Cheers – Carrie

Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New World!   Hello New World! EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 2:28 pm

Welcome Fi!
The girls are right - november will be here before you know it!
Good luck with uni! I know your pain!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New World!   Hello New World! EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 1:28 pm

Hi Fi

It's a pleasure to meet you. Congrats on making some major life decisions in recent year and on getting such a close date.

Good luck with the tests, essays and study and I really look forward to hearing more of your story as you count down the next two months.

S
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New World!   Hello New World! EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 11:55 am

Hi Fi,
Wow your really going through some major life changes with your job and now the sleeve! good for you, it takes alot of courage to actually make changes towards the life we want. Well your certainly going to be keeping yourself busy with all those exams and test which is a good thing I guess as your mind can often play tricks on you the closer you get to the operation date. Im looking to have the surgery early next year and its good because I get to do alot of research and be well prepared but then again every now and then I revert back to the old way of thinking and believe I can do it the old fashioned way(which of course its not so black and white as that, well for me it isnt anyway).
Anyway, I wish you all the very best. You will blink and 17th November will be here before you know it! look forward to chatting with you from time to time.
Back to top Go down
fififofum
fififofum

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Hello New World!   Hello New World! EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:57 am

Hi All,

My name is Fi and I found out my surgery date today. I am being sleeved on 17/11/2010. Yippee!

After 20 years in IT decided to chuck it in and am now a first year uni student, doing a 3 yr Midwifery degree. I live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne with my hubby and 18 year old son.

I am at my heaviest weight at the moment and have really struggled with food this year. I have been trying to lose weight for about 28 years - it's pretty tough doing something for such a long time that you're no good at!

I had been looking at banding and I'd get so far and then retreat (thinking that I'd lose weight the old fashioned way) but recently decided that enough is enough so I booked myself in for an info session. I was orginally thinking of getting a band but my lovely doc, Patrick Moore, presented the sleeve as an alternative and after researching, I decided it is the right thing for me.

Only a couple of months until surgery but I have a test, 3 essays, 4 exams and a two week nursing placement to get through first. I don't really worry about pain etc. as I know that the surgery will come and go quickly - just like childbirth I guess.

I look forward to meeting some of you - your stories and willingness to share and be so open are an inspiration. Thank goodness I have found you. I look forward to sharing my journey with you all.

Fi.
Current weight 113 kgs
Sleeve Date 17 Nov 2010
mermaid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello New World! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New World!   Hello New World! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello New World!
Page 1 of 1