chatalot71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chatalot71

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Help, I'm getting a bit nervous Empty
PostSubject: Thanks, I do have faith in Dr Russell and you are right, I can't wait....Thanks for replying, i feel excited about it reading everyones reply's. Maybe we can catch up one day when I come down for a cuppa. cheers Gail   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:54 pm

LeeLee12 wrote:
Congatulations on making the move. I was done Oct 19th last year by Dr russell and it has been the best thing I have done. 3 months out I feel great can eat anything just not big serves. I have a healthier relationship with food and best of all 31 kilos gone. never to be seen again. Was I nervous? The answer is NO. I had to do something about my weight. If I was told that I had to have my other surgery to lengthen my life i would do it. You need to get in the right frame of mind and accept this as a change of life. you will not feel deprived but will feel empowered to have control back. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Welcome to my world...   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:38 am

chatalot71 wrote:
One minute I can't wait and the next I'm thinking this is madness...

Sounds exactly right to me. Mind you, I do have bipolar disorder... Nuts

But seriously, it's a big step, and I think that just shows you're treating the risk:benefit ratio with appropriate respect. I know I'm going to go through exactly the same roller coaster ride when my time comes... Actually, I think I've started already.

Best,

Dark
AKA Queen of the Mood Disorder
Back to top Go down
LeeLee12
LeeLee12

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Help, I'm getting a bit nervous   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:31 am

Congatulations on making the move. I was done Oct 19th last year by Dr russell and it has been the best thing I have done. 3 months out I feel great can eat anything just not big serves. I have a healthier relationship with food and best of all 31 kilos gone. never to be seen again. Was I nervous? The answer is NO. I had to do something about my weight. If I was told that I had to have my other surgery to lengthen my life i would do it. You need to get in the right frame of mind and accept this as a change of life. you will not feel deprived but will feel empowered to have control back. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Help, I'm getting a bit nervous   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:22 pm

Hi Chatalot and welcome to the forum.

I don't think is matters how well informed or prepared you are for this surgery, you are still going to get nervous.

I am 6 weeks post-op and so happy, its the best decision I have made. I am still have a ways to go to goal, but my quality of life has improved so much.

Congrats on your decision and good luck with your surgery. Help, I'm getting a bit nervous 217555
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Help, I'm getting a bit nervous   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:48 pm

Hi Chatalot,
What you feel is normal,I'm getting sleeved on the 9th Feb and I 'm getting the OMG feelings all the time.Check out the thread sleevers monthly and go into Feb sleevers.We are all in the same boat as you,so it's ok to feel the way you do.Hope I could help.

Help, I'm getting a bit nervous 63412

Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Help, I'm getting a bit nervous   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:35 pm

Hi,
Been there done that, and yes I did get that you were nervous LOL
OK so here is the thing we have all been there and done that but it just doesn't change the fact that you are still nervous.
I can tell you that you have made a great decision, I can tell you that having this surgery was the best thing that I have ever done. Nothing will help the nerves but just try to remember why you have made the decision and as long as you have more excitement than nerves you won't freak out too much.
Besides any time you need to talk there is always one of us around.
Cheers Gail.
Back to top Go down
chatalot71

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Help, I'm getting a bit nervous   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 2:01 pm

Having op in Rocky middle of next month and getting very nervous. One minute I can't wait and the next I'm thinking this is madness... I am excited though to start loosing weight and feeling better about myself...sooooo surely this is the right decision....did I say I was getting nervous...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help, I'm getting a bit nervous   Help, I'm getting a bit nervous Empty

Back to top Go down

Help, I'm getting a bit nervous
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: