5 posters
AuthorMessage
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Day 3 in this brave new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

Hi Sonia, sounds like you are doing great! Can't wait to read your posts.... feel well.

debs
Back to top Go down
kay63
kay63

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 5:37 am

Hey iwastoooo, this surgery is nothing like that....no pain at all afterwards ...

I had a bit of uncomfortableness but dr talbot found a hernia and repaired it while he was there and that is what is taking longer to heal.......

Nothing like the balloon trial, that was horrendous afterward.
Back to top Go down
Purrfection
Purrfection

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 5:25 am

I was part of the Percutaneous Paragastic Balloon Trail with Dr Talbot - so I am completely at ease being in his hands.
I'm sure my records will state that I'm a sooky la la - please give extra drugs LOL
I'll follow your threads with much interest sonia!
Back to top Go down
kay63
kay63

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 5:20 am

Purrfection
Docto talbot did my sleeve he is an aewsome surgeon, tells it like it is...

Good luck
Back to top Go down
sonia7

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 4:58 am

Purrfection wrote:
Hi Sonia!
I'm so pleased to hear you haven't experienced any severe pain following the surgery. Pain is my biggest fear, as I have such a low tolerance. Your post gives me confidence :)
I will be under Dr Talbots knife next Monday (22nd) and am getting excited.
I can't wait to have to go shopping for new clothes when mine start falling off me!

Purrfection - you will be just fine. When I was a medical student (yep I'm a fat doctor - it's bloody hard I tell you!) Dr Talbot was one of our surgical tutors. He's just amazing!
You will do so well. The nerves are real, I totally get that (and had them too), but you are in such safe hands and you'll feel better so quickly I just know it.
Exciting to be starting the journey about the same time as you :) All the best on Monday week!
Back to top Go down
Purrfection
Purrfection

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 4:54 am

Hi Sonia!
I'm so pleased to hear you haven't experienced any severe pain following the surgery. Pain is my biggest fear, as I have such a low tolerance. Your post gives me confidence :)
I will be under Dr Talbots knife next Monday (22nd) and am getting excited.
I can't wait to have to go shopping for new clothes when mine start falling off me!
Back to top Go down
sonia7

Female

PostSubject: Thanks ladies!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 4:19 am

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, it's (at times) felt a little pathetic that by age 27 I had hit the wall in terms of weightloss options, but I know this is giving me my life back. I'm home now (day 4 post-op) and feel great. So much better to be out of hospital, disconnected from the drip and calf-compressors and able to walk around and feel comfortable.

I'm pretty ecstatic, since starting Optifast (for 2 weeks) and post-op, I'm already 9kg down. I know much of that will just be liver shrinkage, and there's a LONG way to go, but finally the numbers are heading in the right direction.

So I will sit back, enjoy sip sip sipping my cup of tea and enjoy the rest of the weekend. I just hope the weird sharp pain under my left ribs that happens if I take a deep breathe goes away soon...I'm sure it will - I've browsed many posts and it seems to be a normal post-op thing. I guess they did take out a huge chunk of stomach, put stitches in near the diaphragm and pump the abdomen full of air... a little bit of intermittent pain is certainly worth it! And certainly not even bad enough to warrant paracetamol - haven't needed the PCA in hospital, nor any pain meds apart from the Paracetamol in hospital. Fingers crossed all continues well.

Back to sip sip sipping!

Sxx
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 1:05 am

Welcome to the sleeved side of life! Good on you for getting sleeved sooner rather than later. I wish I could have done it at your age and not 40..... Then I might not have to consider a tummy tuck! Good luck with your journey - wishing you all the best :)
Back to top Go down
kay63
kay63

Female

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 10:30 pm

Well done Sonia,

You will feel a bit better and stronger each day....good luck with your journey
Back to top Go down
sonia7

Female

PostSubject: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 8:52 pm

Hi Sleevers,

I am lying in my hospital bed at The Mater in N Sydney, day 3 post-op from Dr Taylor's work. I am a little scared as i am still a bit uncomfortable around my heart/stomach but thankfully no more nausea - that sucked!

I reached this point at age 27 after having always been a chubby kid, then a fat young woman and so i wanted to buck this trend and not become an unhealthy middle-aged woman. So i took the plunge & am feeling good. Scared and excited, but good.

Better get up & walking...home tomorrow & i can't wait!

S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 3 in this brave new world!   Day 3 in this brave new world! Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 3 in this brave new world!
Page 1 of 1