BrendaBee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kilrust

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Feeding a starving body Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 4:10 am

While I agree with your deitican about the bad fats you then need to be careful with low fat yoghurt with the sugar content. So unless you like natural yoghurt which I dont :( then it is a toss up between the fat and the sugar.

Ruth :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 11:37 pm

Your diet now sounds more like a maintenance diet, but if it works for you, thats great!

Except for the full fat milk and yohgurt (my dietician told me she didn't want me introducing bad fats) this is what I am eating now to maintain my weight, and its working really well.

Good luck with your journey.

Feeding a starving body 217555
Back to top Go down
BrendaBee
BrendaBee

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 10:45 pm

Well whitegold, im actually not counting calories - just living.....and making sure I am eating every couple of hours. Also making sure I have full fat milks, yogurts, muesli / muesli bar, dates and nuts - all of which are higher in calories. I am trying not to get into bad habits with chocs and things like that (but saying that I do have a couple of squares sometimes)and am still very concious of the protein that goes into my body. I am loving just being able to eat what I want without the calorie counting. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
kilrust

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 2:02 pm

Yes I can believe what you are saying as the same has happened to me as well :)

Your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto any weight you have in order to keep your body running until it gets to a stage where you start to loose weight such as in labour camps during the war :(

Even going to WW or Easyslim this is something that they will tell members that eating less doesn't mean the weight will come off that you still have to eat a certain amount.

Ruth :)
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 12:23 pm

wow thats really interesting!! Do you mind telling us how many calories you were eating and how much you are now trying to aim for to keep moving?
Eventhough i am early out (only 3 weeks) Ive always had the problem where if I dont eat enough my weight doesnt shift! Even the last 3 weeks, the less I eat, the less I lose (obviously to a reasonable extent lol, im talking say 500 calories compared to 800/900)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 4:44 am

Wow - that's just bizarre! LOL Well, whatever works!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 3:37 am

Congratulations,

Isn't it just amazing what our bodies put us through LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
BrendaBee
BrendaBee

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 1:45 am

I had put this in the June 2010 topic but i thought it might interest other people who are going thru the same thing....

"...... I am finally finished with my 7 WEEK PLATEAU - can you believe that and can you imagine how frustrated I felt, and the way that I managed to break that plateau was quite surprising to me.......after trying various ways, counting calories, optifast, low carb - nothing was working, i totally cracked and had a day where I ate chocolate and chips, something that I hadnt done for since I started this whole journey and sure as anything, my weight was down. So.....I have been really trying to keep my calories UP and the weight is falling off me - bizzare but obviously my body was starving and would not let go of any weight. So now my plan is that once the weight stops again I will go back to some low calories and hopefully shock my body again. I am so excited to be losing weight again and have now reached one of my goals - to be under 110, am now officially 108.3 so that's 20kg's down - im sure you can feel my excitement"

and I am continuing to lose!!!!

Hope this helps someone else that is struggling with such a long plateau
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding a starving body   Feeding a starving body Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding a starving body
Page 1 of 1