Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 2:10 pm

SmileyCentral.com

oh gawd we're baaaad !

Ladybug....we do feel for you ... truly !!!
Most of us have been where you are
we all truly empathise & sympathise
and we all want you to get through this awful part......
honestly it is worth the struggle girl !
so hang in there gal
keep up the good work
not too long to go !

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 11:30 am

I think I want 'suck it up princess' printed on a t-shirt...

You guys are a bad influence on me! :)
Back to top Go down

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 10:14 am

oh yeah..... i forgot all about the jelly - jello, jelly - jam thing. Yuck a bowl of jam, lol! How gross! Oh gack! 6 bowls of jam in one day. No i was definatley talking about Jell-O...ew i'm all grossed out

Yeah Apple, suck it up princess is my answer to everything, hehehe! Especially optifast. And especially at myself! No point whingin when i'm the one who wants to get the results out of it and no one's making me do it! No point whinging in my house anyway, we're all very 'shut up and get on with it' here :)

Of course, that is all no reflection on your good self Lady Bug! Just having a bit of fun ;) We all understand how much of a shock to the system all this is, and we'll have lots of sympathy for you, *hug* :)
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 8:34 am

*LOL* I love it somebody else has the suck it up princess slogan as well. My kids personal trainer use to say that all the time. I use to say it to the bandits all the time when on optifast ;) I want tshirts printed with that and given to everybody on optifast hehehe
Honestly IF and ONLY IF you stick 100% to the optifast full on diet after 3 or 4 days the hunger does go away. It just vanishes. BUT if you cheat in any way you go right back to hell all over again and have to do that 3 to 4 days of misery all over again. I was perfect on optifast not because I am a saint but because I am a bloody great big sook who refused to make herself suffer over and over again for the sake of shoving something in her fat little face. I did it for 14 weeks all up. With a last meal 2 weeks before surgery.
drink water until you feel like a fish, try a stock cube , low salt is best in boiling water as a soup. pepermint tea is great very relaxing and soothing. Just do NOT think drinking skim milk in your tea or coffee is okay it is not for 99% of doctors & & & BUG & it will stop you going into that state where you are not hungry. Ketosis is your friend seek it out and do NOT lose it.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 7:03 am

BTW in Australia Jelly is what you'all US people call Jello. Your jelly is our jam. Just to clarify, are you pre-op or post op because the liquid diet may be different in post op. If pre-op then I agree with bell, try having some vegies or diet jello to fill you up.
Back to top Go down

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 6:29 am

Hi Lady bug,

Liquid stage is a bit hard at first. How long have you been on it for? The rules are a bit different in different countries and even with different doctors.

Fill up on water and whatever other free liquids you're allowed to have. Are you allowed diet jelly? That can be a life saver, i had 6 one day lol! Do you have a free vegetables list, how about some steamed, stir-fryed or raw veges, or even vege soup, that's really filling. If you get super desperate, ring your surgeons office, they can advise you of the options you're allowed to have.

My pre op was super strict, it was a case of suck it up princess..you're the one who wants to do this no one's making you! So then i'd chuck a tantrum at myself and grab another jelly, hehehehehe!

Mistly its a game of mind over matter. If you keep telling yourself you are hungry you will be. Try and keep busy. Don't dwell on your liquid meals. Its really hard but just do your best to put it out of your mind. It usually pases by about day 3 or 4 and you can go back to feeling normal.

Good luck :)

Bell
Back to top Go down
ladybug.nurse@gmail.com

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-18

starving Empty
PostSubject: starving   starving EmptyFri 20 Mar 2009, 3:45 am

I am so hungrey on the liquid diet. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

starving Empty
PostSubject: Re: starving   starving Empty

Back to top Go down

starving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: