Jigglypuff
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisa1

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Band out....Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 8:50 am

Hi Jiggly,
I had a 5 year old band removed laprascopically & will have this one too hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 1:53 am

Thanks girls,

11 days until band removal and you have all made me feel a lot more accepting of things which are out of my control.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me lovely people Band out....Freaking out 217555
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 1:36 am

Don't worry too much I would rather have had 1 open scar, instead of the 13 smaller ones I ended up with - and they are by no means small they are all at least 3-7cm. One clean scar would have been much better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Leece73
Leece73

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 10:14 am

Hi Jiggly
Things will go fine, positive thoughts... I have the same fear however if it has to be done then i'm ok with it, it's better that they get a clear view than have something go seriously wrong. I've had two csections so a big scar doesn't worry me.

Cheers
Leece
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 12:39 pm

My bad was removed by keyhole surgery. Used just about all the same scars that were created when it went in. Then re-used them again when I was sleeved so haven't ended up with a heap of scars. The only one that looks a bit messy is where the port was located. But hey when I finally get my tummy tuck done will get it tidy'd up at the same time if its still there at all.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 11:51 am

Hi Jiggly,

I was also told there may be a small chance that my lap band removal may be an open surgery. It is all dependent on what your insides look like. The band can do major damage to your stomach which can't be seen until the doctor is in there.

Fortunately for me my doctor was able to remove my band laproscopically.

Band out....Freaking out 217555
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: If anyone has had their band removed, could you please let me know how your experience was and was it lap or open surgery.   Band out....Freaking out EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 11:10 am

Hi Jiggly
I have had my band removed recently, with the same threat - if there were difficulties of any kind they would open me up. But, all went well and the threat did not become a reality.
Believe me, if they need to open you they will, and it is much better for the doctor to be sure of what is being done rather than having anything obscured by laparoscope.
So, relax, and prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Go in confidently and all will be well I am sure.
I am seeing my doctor next week to discuss the sleeve - and hopefully make a booking for surgery in January 2011.
All the best with the pending op!
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 10:15 am

Moved from "General Chat"
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 10:12 am

Hi Jiggly

I had my band removed via laparoscopic surgery, and it was fine. Went home next day (wanted to go home that day but wasn't allowed!).
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 10:08 am

I am having my band removed in 2 weeks time in preparation for a sleeve later this year. I had a phone call from the pre-admissions nurse from the hospital today, she said I was booked in for a lap/open band removal...I asked what 'open' means and she said in case the band cant be removed through key hole surgery.

Now I'm kinda freaking out in case my op ends up being open. If anyone has had their band removed, could you please let me know how your experience was and was it lap or open surgery.
I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but the nurse freaked me right out!!

Thanks,

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band out....Freaking out   Band out....Freaking out Empty

Back to top Go down

Band out....Freaking out
Page 1 of 1