AuthorMessage
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Freaking out a little Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013, 9:34 am

Honey ....that is so good....so only 2 day,,,

Good luck Mares xxxxxx [i]
Back to top Go down
Honeybmel
Honeybmel

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013, 9:19 am

marescolt wrote:
For those that have had their super released, does the super fund disperse the funds directly to the surgeon or do they give it to you to disperse?
The reason I ask is that I've pretty much run out of time, trying to get all the info they need! I'm pretty sure it will be aproved but not in time so I might be able to borrow the money from a friend if that happens and then pay her back once they've released the funds.
So stressed and I don't want to have to change the date .

Hi Marescolt,

I know exactly how you're feeling, until this afternoon I was under the same stress as you. I'd submitted my application a few of weeks ago but because I live remote my application took 10 days to arrive and then had to wait the 11 business days (including a Canberra public holiday yesterday) until my application was processed. My application was finally processed and approved today (yay and big sigh of relief!) however it takes about 10 days for your super fund to release the funds, which you directly to you. My surgery is scheduled for this Friday so I was sure I'd have to reschedule. DHS were very helpful, they suggested that they could send the release letter directly to my superfund to help speed up the process or if your super fund accepts a faxed copy,(mine didn't) they are willing to fax them for you.

I rang my surgeon this afternoon to advise that I'd have to reschedule as although I'd been approved I wouldn't have the money prior to surgery as requested. I cannot speak highly enough of the lovely, kind ladies in my surgeons office who assured me that we could ahead with the surgery and pay when my funds were released! They assured me that my situation isn't uncommon and they understand how it works. I can't tell you how relieved I was! I was imagining the worst case scenario of having to postpone my surgery for 4 weeks and another 4 weeks of Opti (God forbid).

My advice is to give DHS a call and find out when your application is due to be assessed. As a fellow public servant, no matter how stressed and frustrated you may feel, be pleasant and polite, as they will be much more willing to help you. Ask them for suggestions on what you can do to expedite the process. The only sticking point may be if you haven't included all the necessary information as you get moved to the beginning of the queue again once you've supplied the additional information. Once you've got some idea when your application will be assessed it might be worth talking to your surgeons office and explain what's happening and hopefully they will be as helpful as mine were.

I hope my experience is helpful to you. I can tell you tonight will be the first proper night's sleep I'll have had in weeks! Only 2 more sleeps until I'm sleeved.

Best of luck, I hope everything works out for you with your application.

Cheers

Melissa
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013, 6:45 am

For those that have had their super released, does the super fund disperse the funds directly to the surgeon or do they give it to you to disperse?
The reason I ask is that I've pretty much run out of time, trying to get all the info they need! I'm pretty sure it will be aproved but not in time so I might be able to borrow the money from a friend if that happens and then pay her back once they've released the funds.
So stressed and I don't want to have to change the date .
Back to top Go down
elizbarron

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 10:42 am

Thanks girls- Marescolt- I originally posted my application on Feb 5th- I got a phonecall from them on Feb 20th to tell me that I needed to send more information. I didn't get my I.D certified, and I only included information about outgoing bills, insurance costs and mortgage etc. I didn't include all the costs of things like sport, entertainment, holidays, gifts. I obviously didn't read it properly. Anyway I emailed that info off to them on Feb 21st, then got the call today. I fully expected them to tell me that I needed more information. Every time you have to make an alteration, it takes 10 working days from the time they receive it. So, it takes time, but try to get it right first time-otherwise, so drawn out. Good luck.

sara777- Wollongong St Shellharbour is a lovely place. There was an article in the Mercury the other day (local paper) saying that it's a more prestigious street to live in than Cliff Rd North Wollongong now. It said "goodbye Cliff Rd, and hello Wollongong St"- so you did live in a good street. Still not sure about which surgery to have. Need to wait till the "footy"is over, so I can talk to my husband about it- no point trying to get his attention while he's watching that-know what I mean- first game of the season and all. Where is the new estate in Southern Highlands? Near Mittagong? Have you had the lapband previously sara? And did you grow up in Wollongong? -so many questions lol- sorry!
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 7:36 am

Elizabeth, congratulations! Wonderful news no more cloud hanging over you. How long did it take to get approved. I should be emailing mine tomorrow. So nervous about it. Almost more nervous about this than I am for my surgery! Almost!
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 5:26 am

sara777 wrote:
Hey Elizabeth,

I live in the Southern Highlands in that new estate....My surgeon in Dr Talbots offsider....I decided on the sleeve because of the recovery time, plus I thought it will give me a more normal life later on! I do know that is is hard going with the by pass, so that is why I picked the sleeve! I am only about 30 minutes from Cordeaux Heights...

I used to live on Wollongong Street in Shellharbour it is so beautiful there......

Sara xx

Forgot to says Congrats on your surgery approval....
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 5:25 am

Hey Elizabeth,

I live in the Southern Highlands in that new estate....My surgeon in Dr Talbots offsider....I decided on the sleeve because of the recovery time, plus I thought it will give me a more normal life later on! I do know that is is hard going with the by pass, so that is why I picked the sleeve! I am only about 30 minutes from Cordeaux Heights...

I used to live on Wollongong Street in Shellharbour it is so beautiful there......

Sara xx
Back to top Go down
elizbarron

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 5:09 am

Thanks btgirl and sara777! Has been a big day today- got the approval for the surgery this morning,then had a long awaited appointment with my surgeon, Dr Talbot, this afternoon. I am booked in on March 27th for sleeve or May 22nd for bypass. Just nearly decided on which one, then will cancel the other ofcourse-lol- I live in Cordeaux Heights (near Unanderra) Sara777- so you lived in Shellharbour? Where do you live now?

Elizabeth
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 12:16 am

btgirl wrote:
I am about a hour and twenty minutes from Bunbury but there are several lots of road works with stop go people. I have to be at the hospital for 12.15pm. So mid afternoon op for me . As I am in for just an over nighter and will be home tomorrow I think I will leave my iPad home as I tend to be very sleepy for a day or two after a anethesetic.
Btgirl

Yes...good luck....travel safe...one nighter....OMG
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 12:04 am

Wow good luck Btgirl! Can't wait to hear how you are when your get home and are feeling up to it. ALL the best!

debs
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm

I am about a hour and twenty minutes from Bunbury but there are several lots of road works with stop go people. I have to be at the hospital for 12.15pm. So mid afternoon op for me . As I am in for just an over nighter and will be home tomorrow I think I will leave my iPad home as I tend to be very sleepy for a day or two after a anethesetic.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 11:39 pm

Wow....you are so calm.....I will be a bundle of nerves...I am sure!!

How long is the trip for you, and do you have a time yet for the op? Hopefully you will have wifi so you can update us all.....and you are right lots of caring people here.....I suppose because we all understand how we feel....

take care and good luck BT.....godspeed!!
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 11:25 pm

Hi, I am feeling fine, I don't get nervous about surgery but I freak out when I need to go to the dentist.
Being in the west we are 3 hours behind most of you so it's only 7.30am , had my breakie just put my first load of washing in my new washing machine, bed is made , now its just a matter of waiting for hubby to come back form work at 10.30 to collect me for the drive to Bunbury.
It's great that there are so many caring people here.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 11:07 pm

elizbarron wrote:
I just got off the phone with DHS and I am approved!!!!!!! Am so happy. It was a pain in the back side dealing with that application,but now I'm so glad I did it.

Elizabeth

btgirl wrote:
Congratulations Elisabeth, now you just have to wait for your date.
Btgirl

Hey BT-----how are you feeling today hon??

And Elisabeth---so happy for you!! Where do you live in Wollongong? I lived in Shellharbour for many years!!

Sara x
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 10:55 pm

Congratulations Elisabeth, now you just have to wait for your date.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
elizbarron

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 10:16 pm

I just got off the phone with DHS and I am approved!!!!!!! Am so happy. It was a pain in the back side dealing with that application,but now I'm so glad I did it.

Elizabeth
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 3:36 am

Welcome cyber.gurl

xxxx
Back to top Go down
cyber.gurl

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 3:32 am

Yay ive been approved!!!! So excited, only thing is now we are moving back to SA so im putting my feelers out and im pretty sure its going to be cheaper to get it done in SA woooo hooooo
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 11:18 pm

diamatti wrote:
Got my call this arvo at about 445. I AM APPROVED!!!!!!!!! They are sending my letter for the super fund and I am calling first thing in the morning to set my surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking out a little 542174 Freaking out a little 542174 Freaking out a little 542174 Freaking out a little 542174 Freaking out a little 542174

OMG OMG...SO HAPPY DARLING.......

Are you a March girl??? So excited for you love Freaking out a little 446871 Freaking out a little 446871 Freaking out a little 446871 Freaking out a little 446871 Freaking out a little 446871
Back to top Go down
cyber.gurl

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 11:11 pm

Diamatti, have you got your op date yet?

How is everyone else going? Im 5 days away from finding out (again), im hoping for some good news!!!
Back to top Go down
kegs
Part of the furniture
kegs

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 6:14 pm

Yep make sure you put Xmas, birthdays, insurances, sport, everything!!!
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

Congratulations, so happy for you, hope you get a really quick date.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
elizbarron

Female

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 12:29 pm

Congratulations diamatti! That's great news. I just emailed about 8 new documents for my application tonight. I spoke to someone else at DHS today, and he said I have to put in amounts for all money spent eg. entertainment, gifts,sport. I dídn't realise I had to do that. Was wondering how they thought I could save $7000 in a couple of months. That would be nice. So I've sent all ammended info tonight with copies of bank statements showing the very little amount that ever stays in our accounts at any one time. Will now continue waiting, waiting
Back to top Go down
kegs
Part of the furniture
kegs

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 11:09 am

yaaaaaaayyy!!!!!! i'm so happy for you bring on the date!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 10:51 am

Congrats Diamatti! I have been reading over this thread and having my fingers crossed for you guys each day....and now finally i can uncross them!!! LOL Congrats mate!

debs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freaking out a little   Freaking out a little Empty

Back to top Go down

Freaking out a little
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next