AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:17 am

Thanks ladies. Jane, I am definitely getting obsessed with weighing so took your advice and stopped. Going to the gym, got some protein drinks and will just keep doing what I am doing and TRY not to stress out.

It's just hard having done something so drastic, and hardly eating anything, and then not having the weight fall off like I know it did pre-op.
Back to top Go down
cocoloco
Part of the furniture
cocoloco

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyFri 03 Sep 2010, 12:01 am

I agree with Whitegold....

My weightloss seems better when I kickstart my metabolism with some 'food' in the morning. Now I am not really a breakfast person but usually have a skim latte (home made) which gives me 80cals and 9g protein.

Just my 2cents worth :-)

Coco x
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

Hey Emily, like everyone else said I wouldn't worry I'm sure it will get moving again. Have you thought that maybe you need to eat breakfast? I know myself if I just eat 2-3 tiny meals my weightloss slows right down,even after the surgery. Since week 3 when I decided to try and eat more my weight has dropped much more. I always start by eating porridge in the morning then eating protein the rest of the day. Even just some milk or something to start your metabolism if you are someone who hates breakfast? Either way I'm sure you will be fine. And if it helps I'm wk5 out and only lost about 500g this week which is my lowest ever loss so far.
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 9:36 pm

Hi Emily,
After 2 1/2 weeks my weight was soooo inconsistent it was unreal! I didn't lose anything for just under 4 weeks and I was so frustrated it was unreal. Then the next two weeks I lost a few pounds each week and now I have stopped again; I am nearly 9 weeks post op now. I suppose we are all different, but like you, I feel, why the hell is this happening as I am eating very little!

My diet plan seems different to yours, I am only 'allowed' to eat three times a day; brekkie is something like scrambled eggs, youghurt, ham or muesli; lunch is chicken, cheese or ham sarnie ( only linseed bread) tuna sweetcorn with mayo, some other fish or youghurt and tea is anything that the family is having! I too concentrate in getting the protein down first! Dunno if that is of any help????
Regarding the 'toilet' situation; I now use linseed... a tea spoon and a good glass of water to get it down and it works a treat!!
Good luck and hang on in there... I am trying to tell myself that this might take some time but as long as I keep eating so little, the weight will move!!
xx
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 7:13 am

I am 2 1/2 weeks post -op and I made a deal with myself, I only weigh every 2 weeks!

I know I will get obessive about my weight if I am not careful and become too focused on the scales.

Going into this, I said to myself 'this is for life, not just the nest few weeks/months, so relax and just let it happen'

So I weighed on Sunday and was 4 kilos down, however, even as the weight loss slows down i am hoping i will always record a loss every fornight, all be it a small one.

I know it is hard, try and see the big picture that over time it will right itself, from what you are eating it can't be fat.

Look at it this way: when we go on the cabbage soup diet (who hasn't done that one!!) We all think woo hoo, I've lost 2 kilos in a week, but we all know it's fluid, but we are so blinded by the bl**dy scales we can't see that in reality it's not all fat. Same thing with gaining, it can't be fat, it is just fluid flucuations- try to weigh yourself less, it might help!!

good luck!!

Janelou xx
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 3:32 am

Hi Emily. I put on weight at this stage too. I didn't worry about it too much. I knew it couldn't be fat with the amount I was eating!! I think what you're eating is just fine. Maybe don't weigh yourself for a couple of weeks, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised next time you do weigh! It could be muscle, but I think it's more likely to just be fluid!
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 2:12 am

Don't think so - I'm only doing walking and horseriding.
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 1:52 am

Maybe with the exercise you are doing you are building muscle (which weighs more than fat)???
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Freaking out   Freaking out EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 1:50 am

I know I have read a hundred of these posts, and everyone says "keep doing what you're doing and it will come off" ... BUT I have **GAINED** weight the past 2 weeks.

I am 5 weeks postop.

I just don't know how it's physically possible to have gained when I am eating bugger all and exercising. I know I should be eating more protein, and I bought some different protein drinks tonight to get on that. I am eating as much protein food as I can.

An example of what I am eating:

- cup of tea/juice and multivitamin in the am
- cheese stick
- maybe 1/3 cup beef chilli for lunch
- yoghurt
- cup of soup or some homemade soup or some more chilli for dinner
- drinking about 1L of water/juice/cordial over the day
- maybe a sugarfree popsicle

I have had some constipation issues and have resorted to coloxyl & senna a couple of times but the results were drastic for a couple of days each time (I did lose weight but I think it was just the diarrhea).

What can I do differently? Did anyone else stall/gain at this point? Can you give me some examples of what to eat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freaking out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking out   Freaking out Empty

Back to top Go down

Freaking out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: