Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Hi, Just been sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 12:16 am

Hello Mona,

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on getting your sleeve. I was sleeved in February this year, and like you, I feel like a new person. I think it's magic :-)

Have a look around the site, there is lots of good information. Here are some links to get you started: Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are very good and the Post-op section should be helpful for you too.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

It is lovely to meet you and I look forward to hearing how you are, as you go along.

Cheers – Carrie
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm

welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ladybird32

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 2:49 pm

Hi, everyone!
I am Mona, from Romania and I was sleeved 3 months ago! The operation was ok and I become a new person. Hope talking to me, too and finding out new things about your diets!
See you!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

Congrats on the surgery and great to hear you are doing so well...love the notion of Christmas lunch. It's also great to hear how well your parents have done.

look forward to hearing more about your experiences...

S
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:22 am

that's what i like to hear LOL
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 8:54 am

He is great, and very reassuring. lovely humour and good at what he does. Good luck with the surgery. Mine was a dream, only had pain relief for first day and a half and none since. I have had no drama with it at all so i hope the same goes for you. The staff at St George are good too. Again good luck and happy ventures... Hi, Just been sleeved 446871
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 6:12 am

welcome!
i saw dr talbot today and am booked in on the 10th
he seemed lovely

Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 11:59 pm

Gee, it'll be quick and easy to shop for Christmas dinner at your family's place! )

Funny mum, dad and i were talking yesterday and we were saying if we could just get one more (like my brother) person then we could all share a main meal at the local club....lol.... i have been teasing them and telling them they are a cheap shout cos at the moment they share an entree when we take them out..lol.. thanks for all the support and good luck for the op and afterwards...
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Congratulations on your sleeve   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:19 pm

Hello Neljatye
Congratulations on going ahead with your sleeve op.
I am very interested in hearing how you get on - having type 2 diabetes myself, I am always rapt to read someone else has been able to get off meds. I know it is only early days, but I am sure it will be so much better for you from now on.
Your whole family are inspiring!
Looking forward to travelling with you soon.
Best wishes
Ozzieloz Hi, Just been sleeved 65317 [img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:04 pm

LOL on the christmas dinner.
Last Christmas had just been sleeved so had soup of Christmas lunch Hi, Just been sleeved 65317

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on be sleeved.

Hi, Just been sleeved 217555 Hi, Just been sleeved 217555
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 2:48 pm

Gee, it'll be quick and easy to shop for Christmas dinner at your family's place! )
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

Hello Neljatye,

Welcome, and congratulations on getting your sleeve. It is great that your Mother & Father have had it done too, and that they have been so sucessful. Can your brother look at accessing his Super? I had to do that and if you can't afford to pay and don't have health insurance, it is fairly straight forward.

Have a good nose around the site, here are some links to get you started: The Diaries & Post-op sections should be helpful. Along with the July Sleevers section where you'll find lots of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

It's lovely to meet you and I look forward to following your progress :-)

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

Yes it has been, after years of frustrating diets and yoyoing up and down, genetics just weren't gonna let us suceed... also we all three had type 2 diabetes, my dad with severe complications(he is still in a wheelchair now due to complications of diabetes). In fact we nearly lost him and if not for this operation he surely would not be here today. Wish my younger brother could afford the same he is not well and the more depressed and sicker he gets the more weight he puts on. Anyway thanks for the welcome and enjoying looking around.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 12:55 pm

Welcome and yes it is certainly a family affair for you! Good luck to all of you!
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 12:35 pm

Hello neljatye,

Hi, Just been sleeved 120705 welcome and congrats on being on the other side...

a family afair for you!!

have fun!!! have a look at the diary's and join the july sleevers......

and most of all relax. your over the worst....
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female

PostSubject: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 12:28 pm

Hi, I am from the NSW South Coast and I had my sleeve operation on the 19th of July. The surgery was performed by Dr Michael Talbot at St George Private Hospital. So far everything feels good and I am adjusting well. Thinking about it this could be because my dad had the same done late in 2008 and he went from nearly 200kgs to currently 105kgs, and my mum then had a sleeve done in July last year and she went from 128kgs to her current 73kgs. Watching them go through the process and how they dealt with things had helped me to decide to go ahead and get myself done. So far since I had the operation last week i have not had to use any insulin or diabetic medication at all and am hoping it stays this way. I looked up Dr Talbots name and was lead to this site....finding it awesome so far...Thank you... between my surgeon, my mum and dad, and this support site I have a great feeling about the journey I am now on.... Hi, Just been sleeved 63412

Operation date: 19.7.10
Starting weight:162.3kgs
Weight now: 157.3kgs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Just been sleeved   Hi, Just been sleeved Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, Just been sleeved
Page 1 of 1