Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?

Go down 
+8
newlife
oldfart
Liquefied_stars
The bad apple(sauce)
enfinsusie
chrisbychic
applesauce
kittycat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi, I really hate having all these artifical sweeteners at the moment. Usually I avoid them like the plague as I don't believe they are good for me.
http://www.aspartame.ca/indexa.html
It seems to be in optifast and the nutritionist recommends diet jellies, diet drinks etc...but they are just chemicals/food additives..theres nothing nutritous about them.
Just wondering if anyone else felt this way ? I can't wait to stop putting that stuff in my body !!
Catherine
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The bad apple(sauce)

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 2:05 am

I have come to believe that what we now put into our food should be now be about "quality" rather than "quantity" so as your tastes change post op & your weight loss continues a little sweetness in your diet can't hurt. But as applesauce & myself discoverd one day at Dome cafe when we ordered pancakes to share the maple syrup almost killed us & we couldn't eat much at all the sweetness was just too much. I also believe too much artifical sweetener hinders weight loss as it messes up your metabolisim. It all boils down to balance a little sugar is ok in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:31 pm

yes I think we all agree that sugar is evil too, so both are evil really aren't they. I guess the ideal is to not need either. That'll be a slow process weaning myself off sweet things completely, yes am hoping my tastes will change and i will not crave sweet things so much. I am 12 days post-op and still want a little sorbet or something in the evening, I KNOW ITS NAUGHTY !!!!
Catherine.
Back to top Go down
enfinsusie
enfinsusie

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: For me...   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 8:55 pm

With the time, i think that our taste change. Now i am not able to take real in many things because i take the other one for 7 years. So keep hope, with time your habits will be easy. Changing evrything in the same timt is hard.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 8:23 pm

I hate artificial sweeteners, too, but unfortunately I haven't been able to avoid them. I need to use diet products to help with my weight loss. I guess it's the lesser of two evils at the moment, but I'll definitely reconsider if I ever reach my healthy weight range!
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 1:14 pm

i'm with you kitty kat ,
i don't do artificial sweetners, they are evil.
does the dietician have no alternatives?
jodes
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 11:20 am

trust me I am yet to see a 200 pound person drive though mcdonalds and order a COKE it is always diet coke *LOL* there has to be something to be said for that. My 100 poound sister in law drinks NOTHING but coke until I swear it comes out her ears. But no I use diet drinks and jelly. But I use 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in the first cup of tea of the day after that I have none.
I can not justify putting sugar into my body for no reason, it has no nutrional value to it.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female

PostSubject: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:32 am

Hi, I really hate having all these artifical sweeteners at the moment. Usually I avoid them like the plague as I don't believe they are good for me.
http://www.aspartame.ca/indexa.html
It seems to be in optifast and the nutritionist recommends diet jellies, diet drinks etc...but they are just chemicals/food additives..theres nothing nutritous about them.
Just wondering if anyone else felt this way ? I can't wait to stop putting that stuff in my body !!
Catherine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?   Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Artificial Sweeteners, anyone else hate them ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2