Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!

Go down 
+7
ssjad
Emily
applesauce
Libby
cartay
mapmar
janelou29
11 posters
AuthorMessage
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:58 am

Thnaks everyone for the support, today I sort of settled down and decided after reading everyones posts that I need to accept letting go of food, and today I feel calmer, ate much better, no chocolate and feel overall much better.
I gues I think my brain had a last ditch attempt to keep me fat (I have suspected for a long time that somewhere in my head, I want to be fat!!!!!!ARRHHHHH!) But I hope my head knows, this is it bbay, say goddbye to the fat!!!Woo hooo!!!
thanks for your support!
Jane xx
Back to top Go down
Gutless Wonder
Gutless Wonder

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 3:58 pm

janelou29 wrote:

However, as I have been 'dieting' off and on for 25 years, I have given up, I just can't face anymore restriction because I know soon I will have my op, so I just eat to my appetite, too scared to weigh myself, because up until now i have managed my weight by being very careful what I ate and restricting myself and believe it or not saying 'no' a lot. (and my weight has not been managed that well!! I just keep getting bigger!)
Has anyone else found this after they made the decison? I am not 'pigging' out at all, but just eating like normal (cheese on toast for dinner last night) A few freckle chocolates for dessert etc, I can't eat like that without putting on weight.
Any advice/stories greatly appreciated!!!
Jane x

Hi Janelou, a few chocolate freckles? I'd eat the whole bag!
Don't worry about advice on it making a difference in the long run. It won't.
I dieted on and off since I was 9yrs old and ever since I decided to have the surgery I finally exhaled. Phewwww-no more dieting.

I realised AFTER surgery that pizza and sticky date pud are still my friends, The just come in smaller sizes, just like me.
After the surgery I refused to diet. I just knew that for me the weight would come off just from eating less and it wouldnt matter if it was 'diet' food or not.
I will never have that diet mindset again.
I really feel having a sleeve cured me of being a fatty. I love having a sleeve. Wish i'd be born with one!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 1:53 pm

Im the same and Im not getting sleeved until next year! by this rate they'll be able to roll me on the surgical table hahaha. No seriously it just shows me how 'mental' this disease is for me. It constantly plays on my mind. My friend told me the other day that weightloss is 90% mental, I can see her point but she has 2kg to her goal weight and I have 45kg so who knows. I decided to do the sleeve earlier this year (around March) and I have not been very responsible with my food choices lately. I am slowly getting sick of eating crap and craving healthier food so hopefully I will not put too much weight on but the food funeral thing is alive and kicking for me. Like I said before I have to stop before they roll me to hospital...
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 11:20 am

I was 107kg when I made an appointment to see the surgeon, it was a 5 week wait and I was 115kg by the time I got there. I totally understand.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 11:19 am

Lol, Augigi - that's exactly what I'm having tomorrow night :)

When I decided I was going to have surgery I went into overdrive with my eating. It's done me no favours, but I don't think it's done any significant harm either.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You said you weren't pigging out, so just go on enjoying your food for now. After the sleeve things will change, so eating a little more than usual now may just increase your metabolism prior to surgery - not such a bad thing!
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 11:16 am

I've gone the other way and started tracking everything and weighing my food and hiring a crosstrainer! I guess I feel like it's worth doing it now, because I'll finally be able to keep it off. Losing weight was never impossible for me, I just couldn't maintain that level of vigilance - I tend to be "all or nothing" with watching my intake.

Last edited by EmilyG on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:36 am

Watching people over the years, it seems to be divided pretty much in half. Half the people get all perfect and start getting healthy for surgery and c utting back on the bad stuff the other half start throwing food funerals like there is no tommorrow. to be honest in those at about 110kg give or take or less it makes pretty much no difference which way you jump. For those over about 130/140kg the being good MAKES a difference. It just seems to make the surgery easier and healthier less complications. BUT that is not a medical fact just an observation from somebody who has been around for what seems like forever some days hehehe

Honestly I would keep an eye on your weight and set a limit say 5kg and say if I break that I start opti early or something along those lines.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:01 am

I did the same thing.

I had a lapband removed and decided to make up for 6 years of restriction. Just be careful of all the weight you will put on. I put on 10 kilos and now kick myself coz if I didn't have to lose that extra weight I would be 4 kilos off my goal weight now.

Enjoy your eating but just remember there are consequences for these actions and they are weight gain.

I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! 217555
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:48 am

Jane, it's like reading my own thoughts!!
I have been in constant graze mode since booking my surgery in for July (except for a 'trial run' of Opti, which lasted a grand total of 3 days!). I'm not sure there is an element of rebellion - as in, I know I shouldn't be eating more/poor food choices but I'm going to anyway? Or a last ditch effort to eat everything and anything because I might miss it afterward.
A couple of thoughts which have helped rein me in a little:
1) Whatever we loose pre-op is going to offer huge benefits. And, unlike previous dieting attempts, this time whatever comes off is going to stay off.
2) We CAN still eat all the same foods post-op (it may just take a while), only in smaller portions.
So, hope this helps you too. Good luck!!
Carah x
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:44 am

I know a large proportion of people do start to eat "normal" after they have decided to have the sleeve. I think it is because you finally realise that you are NOT going to be dieting anymore, the weight is lifted from your shoulders..... don't stress too much but don't go overboard either.... I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! 217555
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:40 am

Hi all,

guess what?? I got over my nerves, made my decison and have my 2nd appointment on July 20th when I hope to book in for surgery in Sept/Oct.
However, as I have been 'dieting' off and on for 25 years, I have given up, I just can't face anymore restriction because I know soon I will have my op, so I just eat to my appetite, too scared to weigh myself, because up until now i have managed my weight by being very careful what I ate and restricting myself and believe it or not saying 'no' a lot. (and my weight has not been managed that well!! I just keep getting bigger!)
Has anyone else found this after they made the decison? I am not 'pigging' out at all, but just eating like normal (cheese on toast for dinner last night) A few freckle chocolates for dessert etc, I can't eat like that without putting on weight.
Any advice/stories greatly appreciated!!!
Jane x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!   I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help! Empty

Back to top Go down

I made the decision to sleeve and my eating has gone UP!!! Help!
Page 1 of 1