5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bela
Bela

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 7:56 am

Mapmar: to do that dirty word - EXERCISE.....

lol I never thought of it that way, but it is a dirty word.

I used to love to play team sports and I took it for granted how fit they made me, but exercising... I never did that. I never walked or went to the gym.. yuck.

Thats the way my mind works. Team sports = FUN, Exercise = NO FUN & PAIN

Now I just got to get my head around the whole exercise is great thing. lol
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 3:30 pm

ooohhhh i LOVE excercise! and can't wait to get back into it!

I think just find things you enjoy doing! for me - I love dance classes and feeling the burn in my leg muscles so i tend to lean more towards those...
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:59 am

mapar I know you worship at the idol of jon hehehe but seriously pick ONLY an exercise routine you enjoy. Consistancy is the key even if that turns out to be cardio type exercise get into something you enjoy THEN add in the bits you dont like if that makes sense. I always failed at the exercise side of things because I just never found something I enjoyed until I found walking I love it and really miss it in summer when it is to hot for me. But you see even if your thing was walking you could get into it then start adding little leg weights and carring little hand weights while you do it. You get where I am going, Just find something you like even if it is not exaclty what Jon has said to start with even if you try a dozen things in the process to find your one. The amount of people I know who love zumba so that might be a thought :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:20 am

He said that muscle exercise (weight training) burns fat for longer afterwards..... as we need to build up muscle and lose fat weight, not lose muscle weight. Sounded realistic and made sense..... so I am looking at going to contours as it is close to my work and has a mixture of both cardio and weights..... fingers crossed I can keep it up as I hate exercising....
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 6:48 am

Hi mapmar

Did he say why he preferred you to do weights rather than cardio? Cardio burns fat but so does muscle - just takes a bit longer to get that muscle built up a bit, most Dr's usually push cardio (can't stand most of it!).
God love him, I hope my surgeon says that.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 8:14 am

Well went for my 6 month check up with my surgeon, the wonderful and brilliant surgeon.... Jon Armstrong.....
All blood excellent, but my weightloss is a bit slow for his liking... only 27% and he expected me to be around the 40%... I said that I wanted to take it easy etc etc (probably excuses in my head... now that I think about it!!! LOL).... He said that what they are finding (had a conference 2 weeks ago with surgeons all over Australia coming to Perth regarding the sleeve) that people who are sleeved have a 12 month "window of opportunity" to lose the most weight and a better chance of reaching their goal weight.....
So he would like me over the next 6 months to do that dirty word - EXERCISE..... He said not too much cardiovascular exercise but muscle building exercise.... mmmmm geeze louise.... Oh well it has to be done.... so guess what I am going to be doing................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks   Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh goss... the word exercise..... eeks
Page 1 of 1