AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: opions please help   opions please help EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011, 3:15 am

I didn't start going to the gym until 3 months post-op.. Yes it takes that long for you to heal fully inside. Some people can take even longer.

Walking and day to day duties is plenty for now.

Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: opions please help   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

If you are up to a short stroll, STROLL would be okay but not over 10mins. I walked down to my Mum's place which is like 500m down the road but had a break there some sips of water and bak on my way. I think it is a good idea to some fresh air into your lungs and some different scenery. But also it is not good to lay about because of DVT's and that.

Good luck but please don't do too much.
Back to top Go down
fattybgone

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-11-21

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: exercise   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:28 pm

Thanks everyone i think i will only walk for 10min i dont want to have gone through all of this only to stuff it up.
Back to top Go down
fattybgone

Female

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: exercise   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:28 pm

Thanks everyone i think i will only walk for 10min i dont want to have gone through all of this only to stuff it up.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: opions please help   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 8:20 pm

I, too, felt great after getting out of hospital, I just wanted to get on with my new healthy life. I was recommended no more than 10mins walking a day for first week or so, to allow your body to heal some more and get over the general.

Glad you are feeling so good!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: opions please help   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

I agree, a bit of gentle walking maybe.
You might feel great, but you need to give your body time to heal, remember you have just had major surgery.

I was 6 weeks post op before I started back exercising.
Back to top Go down

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: opions please help   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

Are you kidding???

You were sleeved 5 days ago!!!

opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453 opions please help 878453

Let yourself heal a little.

As I have heard it on this forum...10 minutes walking is a good start, but no strenuous exercise for the first 2 weeks.

Of course I could be totally wrong and it is always better to ask your surgeon or nurse before starting any exercise regime (quoting the TV commercials LOL)
Back to top Go down
fattybgone

Female

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: opions please help   opions please help EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:05 am

just wondering if i should start and exercise. I feel fantastic and can move pretty freely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

opions please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: opions please help   opions please help Empty

Back to top Go down

opions please help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: