Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bibliophile
Bibliophile

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-02-09

The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Plateau Already?   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am one month and three days post surgey. So far, I have lost 26 pounds. I have not lost any weight in the past week. As a matter of fact, I gained a pound. This is unbelieveable since I am consuming between 400-600 calories a day. I am also getting about 30 minutes of exercise daily. Any idea what's going on?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BrendaBee

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 11:49 am

thanks that was really informative
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 3:40 pm

Thankyou so much for that info Zoe.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 12:20 pm

Thanks Zoe,

that's a great explanation for the stop-start pattern I've observed on the scales whenever I've lost weight!

Sending it straight to my mates.

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
Kaz23

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 11:18 am

Thanks for the link Zoe. I didn't know why weight loss stalls either. I have been on a 4 week plateau and have been too scared to weigh myself again. I will be weighed tomorrow at the doctors.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 5:58 am

Thanks for that Zoe. Great to have an explanation for something I know happens but didn't understand.

- Carrie
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 5:43 am

Thanks Zoe - I immediately added this to my favourites wow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 5:26 am

Hello, all.

I found this link to an article about the causes of the weight loss stall, and am posting the link below.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Maryanne79
Maryanne79

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 2:13 am

the thing is, our bodies will plateau...if ....we always do what we've always done....

to change your body, you regularly need to change your habits....

if your eating is perfect....spot on- balanced diet.... then you need to look at your exercise regime....

walk 30 minutes a day? have done so for ages and now its not working?...then you need to change your workout....shock your body....and you'll see results...

its so important to incorporate weights in a workout regime (im not talking hard core 25kg dumbbells either- just a little extra weight resistance:P strap on ankle weights, 1kg walking dumbbells etc.)...for this simple rule....it allows more workout options....

I have up to 3 personal training sessions a week.....and we're always changing up the routine....and as long as i control what goes into my diet....it works.....

try pilates, yoga...those silly crunch dvd's lol..... buy a bike and ride different routes around the place........ it'll work :P
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:26 pm

I wasnt suggesting you where eating bad things just seeing if things can tweak to help. If I was you I would add morning and afternoon tea, make it protien you dont have to make it mega calories just a couple of slices of low fat cheese or a hardboiled egg or one of those little tins of tuna in water. Giving your metebolisim a kick start by feeding it more often may be the trick that gets you going again. It might take a couple of weeks but hey it could be it :) Even if you dont want to go down the protien road try half an apple anything at all so your body is being feed 5 to 6 times a day :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
DONNADIVA

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Eating plan   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:01 pm

Hi yeah I have one weetBix with milk for brekky, a salad box with tuna or meat or cheese for dinner, and for tea veg and meat or fish or spaghetti bolognaise or soup it's quite varied I don't eat sweets or crisps I don't snack inbetween meals, I drink aprox 5 cups of tea a day with sweetner. I am a good girl really! I think I do however need more excercise?! The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 369315
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 11:05 am

donnadiva show us a days eating amounts and all and lets see if we can tweak it.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
DONNADIVA

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: PLATEAU ALREADY   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 10:37 am

I had the sleeve 9/11/09 and the weight fell off, that is until now, for the last month I would say my weight has stayed pretty much the same, I eat the same and dont do anything different, I am hoping to god I have not yet reached the plateau stage as I have so much more to loose, in fact about another 8 stone. I have lost 5 stone so far since November. Can anyone please help, the dietician mentioned the plateau word and I nearly fainted!! So early on!???? The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 2:35 am

I'm using a site called "My Fitness Pal". It has an app that I downloaded for my iPhone. I used to use Calorie King as well and this one is similar. The good thing is that if you do have an iPhone you can enter stuff while on the go.

Good for working out whether you're eating enough - or perhaps too much.
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 2:26 am

Hiya

OK this is my theory and mine alone OK...lol so if its wrong then ???

Theory 1 - Your body will always try to maintain 'a' weight...you have lost heaps in a short period of time and now its going hang on there mate!! and trying to stop that, its natural for this to happen as for the body it seems to be about stabilisation

Theory 2 - you are no way eating enough!! you need to find a way to get some more calories into you in this healing stage...are you eating 6 small meals a day?? that might help...I started using Calorie King (free site and pretty good) to keep track of my calories and some days I was in negative calories after a trip to the gym...my poor body didnt know what was happening and my weight was stallling...added in a few more teeny meals (bite sized sometimes) and the weight moved again

Hope all that makes sense The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 65317
Back to top Go down
Bibliophile
Bibliophile

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:09 pm

Do you have any suggestions for eating more? I am an experienced dieter and figured that I was not eating enough. My dietican said to eat three meals a day and two snacks if I need them. Yesterday, I have four forkful of fish for lunch and I was stuffed. How do I get more food in?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 6:56 pm

You are probably not eating enough!
Silly as it sounds you have to eat to lose weight and between 400-600 calories per day isn't much. Your body has probably gone into starvation mode.

I lost nothing weeks 2 and 4 post-op, but my intake was pretty low at that stage.

Once I got onto real food I starting losing again at a nice steady rate.

I am 3 months out and have my daily intake up to 900-1000 calories per day.

Hang in there The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:45 pm

2 things first your body just lost 26 pounds in 30 days its saying give me break will yah. second thing is for most people weight comes of in fits and stops. everything is normal.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Bibliophile
Bibliophile

Female

PostSubject: Plateau Already?   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:21 pm

I am one month and three days post surgey. So far, I have lost 26 pounds. I have not lost any weight in the past week. As a matter of fact, I gained a pound. This is unbelieveable since I am consuming between 400-600 calories a day. I am also getting about 30 minutes of exercise daily. Any idea what's going on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau   The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2nd-4th week weight loss stall/plateau
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2