Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

Weight loss stall Empty
PostSubject: THANKS FOR REPLIES   Weight loss stall EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 2:20 am

Thanks everyone for replies -appreciate people taking the time and trouble to answer me :), so I tried to chill a bit and not weigh so often and I have lost the extra weight I ended up putting on and another 1 and 1/2 kilos.  Exactly why I have dropped I don't know.  The body is a weird thing lol, I just hope it continues. I did start drinking even more (herbal tea etc) and replaced two meals with protein and fruit smoothies. So who knows? Weight loss stall 618285
Back to top Go down
montemoo01
montemoo01

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-08-31

Weight loss stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss stall   Weight loss stall EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 1:48 am

Hi guys - I too am in the same boat. I'm 2 weeks post sleeve @ haven't drop a gram since last Thursday! I know I'm not getting enough calories so probably in starvation mode but I just have no desire to eat! I'd be lucky to be getting 300-400 calories. I would have thought id be dropping something, anything even if I'm in starvation mode. It's quite depressing! 

I hope thinks start to look up for us all and we get on track to losing our excess weight soon!
Back to top Go down
Fiona22
Fiona22

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-10-01

Weight loss stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss stall   Weight loss stall EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 10:41 pm

Hi kaznik I am feeling your pain.  It is terrifying.  I was sleeved on the 29th October.  I lost 8 kilos in the first ten days (I did not weigh at home at the time, just at docs office) but I have not lost a gram since since I started weighing at home.  That is two and a half weeks.  I have recorded every gram in my mouth via calorie king (I am talking weighing the milk in my coffee people! lol).  Then put it on a spreadsheet.  Geeky.  Here are my averages:

CalsFatProt.Carb.SugarFibreSod.

I know no one can really help me but I am feeling sad, like you.  I don't know whether my scale can smell my fear, and that is why, or whether I just need to move my butt.  Obviously i do need to move more, but seriously, that average is low enough to drop one would think.  Sigh.  I am really worried this thing is not doing what it said on the packet so to speak.

So all I can do is feel sad with you.  There are not many desperate posts about stalls this close to surgery.  I have a total of 30-40 kilos to lose all up.  What about you?

Wendy, I love CalorieKing - don't you?  So easy. I have been trying to put the result into my new fitbit calories manaully but is a bit of a mess around.  Hence the spreadsheet.  But it does make sense seeing it all together and all in once place day by day on my trusty spreadsheet. : )
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Weight loss stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss stall   Weight loss stall EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 1:18 am

Hi Kaznik, How frustrating for you.  One thing I have done is joined Calorie King's website.  My dietitian told me I didn't need to count calories but that my intake should be around 1000 calories a day.  So, rather than mapping this every day, what I do is just a couple of times a week, go into Calorie King and enter my intake for that day.

The reason I am telling you this is that if you are getting too few calories, your body tends to go into a sort of "starvation mode" and slows your metabolism to hold onto what you have - maybe you could try counting your calories for a couple of days and see if you are getting the right amount.

Unfortunately, if you are already conscious of protein and water intake, I don't know what else I can suggest.  As far as movement goes, I sometimes daggily engage in armchair exercise or do some stuff on my bed before I go to bed. It's hardly a proper workout, but at least it is moving so much burn SOME energy.

Best of luck for movement on the scales and tape measure soon,
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

Weight loss stall Empty
PostSubject: Weight loss stall   Weight loss stall EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 12:40 am

Hi everyone - well I have read several posts on here about stalls but just need some reassurance that weight loss will continue.  It is over three weeks since I lost any weight and as a matter of fact I had put on two kilos this morning (don't get my period anymore so not that).  I have generally been really good and cannot eat a lot so it's not calories.  But because of my back injury have not been able to do too much exercise - but have walked about half a k several times a week (that's a lot for me and very painful to do).  Just started measuring myself so won't see any loss there for a while, what else can I do?   I am a long way from goal. My op was 12/9/14 so it is ten weeks - what can I do to tweak things?  Eating protein every meal and drinking water as much as I can.

Please help - feel bit down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight loss stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss stall   Weight loss stall Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight loss stall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: