lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 5:26 am

First topic message reminder :

As the title says , has anyone tried curves, if you have did you like it and what are the costs like??

I used to go to healthy inspirations a few years back down in Canberra and it is similar as far as I know . They use the hydraulic exercise machines, but they have a diet part to their programme.
Well I don't need the diet part as I have my sleeve but I do think i could do with the toning type exercises.
Any input would be great!
Linda Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 369315 Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 877290 Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 110673 Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 120705
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 2:17 pm

Hi Nat,

My surgeon gave me the ok at about 6-7 weeks, but told me to take it easy on the abdominals for a while. It's probably best to check with your own surgeon at your post-op appt as they will be able to see how well you're healing.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 2:00 pm

Hiya everyone,

I want to join curves after surgery but was wondering how soon after surgery you can start going??

Thanks

Nat
xxx
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 4:25 am

I'm so glad you're enjoying it too Linda. I haven't signed up for the curves-smart, but was wondering if I should, do you find it helps?
I've got a week to go before my 2nd monthly weigh & measure and have lost about 4.5kg so far this month (I've been doing the Opti-for-Kylie thing too).
I've even bought myself a pair of their cute black & purple gloves, I was actually starting to develop callouses... not a good look for an apprentice princess, LOL.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:19 am

Am loving curves, the machines are good, a little challenging with the curves smart too.
Have lost about 1.5kgs according to their scales, which actually weigh less than mine!! Woo Hoo!!
I was under 114kgs yesterday on theirs but 114.7 on mine. I am more than happy with that!
Just though I would keep up to date on this post.
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 1:22 am

I asked them the other day when the quiet time is and am gonna go between 1100-1400 as I am not yet sure of the machines and don't want to hold anyone up!!
I am at my first goal this morning, down 500gms since monday so am very pleased.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 7:02 am

Roxy wrote:
...The woman with all the bling isn't impressing anyone I bet...

No, but (maybe i described her badly) I'm sure she's not trying to impress anyone either. She's just a very gentile, older lady who quietly does her thing in nice street clothes, shoes and jewellery, without any fuss or nasty perspiration.

I don't have a problem with people doing things at their own pace, it was just an observation. Hell, if they can put up with a great sweaty lump like me, it's not up to me to say how they do it is wrong, LOL.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 1:43 am

Thanks for that Roxy,

I still had makeup on and rings but just old gym clothes and runners, nothing special, I sweat just like the others, will be back there tomorrow, gonna spend the day gardening today ( and maybe in the car going to Bunnings and a local flower farm to get strawberry runners to plant!)
Back to top Go down
Roxy

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 11:33 am

Hi Linda,

I'm Roxy, I was sleeved 20/4/10. I used to go to Curves and their moto was no makup, men or mirrors. The woman with all the bling isn't impressing anyone I bet. You go to get a sweat up and unless you look like crap when you finish you havent tried hard enough. I found the machines terrific, the staff encouraging and the incentives a bonus. Keep going hard, you will be pleased to find you have muscles and definition soon. The more muscles you get the better your metabolism works making weight loss even greater (even when your asleep).

My problem was I liked food too much. The sleeve certainly fixed that.

Have a great week

Regards
Roxy
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 10:22 pm

Hahahaaa, love the sense of humour.
Will let you know how I go tomorrow, I sure hope I feel a bit brighter then ....broken sleep does not agree with me at all, and my fingers are cold this morning!
Whinge over, need to go downstairs and have coffee :)
Linda
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 1:08 pm

Oohh yeah, I do really work hard, LOL and I've managed to go every day since I joined (bar Sundays when they're closed). I keep thinking at the start of each session, "I'll have a go at an extra 1/2 circut today" but by the time I'm at the end of the 2nd one... I'm just pleased to have made it that far :-)
I do have to say though that there are a few ladies who seem to my unexpert eye to take it very gently indeed. One in particular does her routine in street shoes and lots of chunky (expensive looking) gold jewellery, she manages to remain gentile and ladylike all the way through. Mind you she's fairly slim so probably doesn't need to work too hard anyway.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am Linda. We'll be able to compare notes about which machine we hate the most, LOL.

Hugs - Carrie
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 12:36 pm

Lol Carrie your secret is safe with me!!!!
Now you have me hoping my curves will run things like that too!
And really, you do still have to work at it.
Linda
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 11:57 am

Sshhhh, don't tell them my evil plan, LOL.

-Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
DancingOnTheInside
Part of the furniture
DancingOnTheInside

Female
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 11:20 am

Carrie - you'll end up with a full collection of giveways - lol

x
Doti
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 8:45 am

Good luck Linda,

I joined 5 weeks ago (this thread was my motivation). I'm really enjoying it, the staff at my local branch are a lovely bunch and very supportive. The members I've chatted to so far all seem nice but I have to confess I'm not fit enough to indulge in much chat till the end (by which stage I'm a melted mess).

I won a t-shirt for losing over 3kg in a month (I lost 5) and they've got another promotion this month where you get a gift bag of goodies if you lose over 2kg.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 May 2010, 4:16 pm

Am starting at Curves on monday, am glad I waited as I got a better deal with a voucher in our local paper!!
The print was so small that even with my glasses on i couldn't read it! LOL
Will let you all know how I go :)
Linda
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Mar 2010, 12:34 am

Sorry girls have had a slack week, not looked into anything at all .....exception of starting my fairy garden but have gotten another weeks free pas to curves in a sample bag with the australian womens weekly purchase at woolies..... will definately give them a ring and find out!!
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:08 pm

Hi Linda,

Did you manage to get to Curves this week at all? I'd love to hear about it :)

There is one near me, and also a Contours and a My Time studio - all very similar. Trying to decide which one atm :)
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 7:27 am

lindabinda wrote:
Thanks for that apple....... I am definately not a hard core gym junkie and am never likely to be but I would like to get out of the house and they do have a selection of machines..... have done the gym thing before and often felt quite intimidated by the bronzed dollies there!
Linda
Linda, I have been to both HI & Curves in the past. I intend to rejoin Curves once Im sleeved, I think they are ideal to be using in conjunction with the sleeve. Never felt uncomfortable being there either - majority of women similar age group & level of fitness. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 7:16 am

Let us know how you go Linda :)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 2:55 pm

Thanks for some very appropriate feedback all :)
I have a weeks free pass from the biggest loser website and had been thinking about curves anyway as there is a local one.
I think I will give them a try :)
Linda
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

Great info Kylie :) Summed it all up beautifully.

I joined last month because I prefer it over other types of gyms out there. And I have tried a fair few of them now. I too, will never be a gym junkie as I find the treadmill and bikes way to boring anyhow. I love Curves because it's quick, effective, gets your heart going and tones you up beautifully.

Cost wise I'm paying $65 a month I think it is .. there is a joining fee of about $220 or something but they always have deals to reduce that or get a month free yadda yadda. Mine was 30% off joining fee and 30 days free.

I go about 3-4 times a week. They have morning and afternoon sessions - it's not open all day. My gym has a personal trainer, and another one is Uni trained in Health & Fitness but they do have a sign up for a casual worker - no experience required just first aid certificate and able to work flexible hours. I'm thinking I might change career paths after my sleeve so my job keeps me active instead of sitting in an office all day :)

Anyhow, I love it and I'm sure you will enjoy it too. Keep a lookout in your local paper because they sometimes have free passes to do workouts so you can test the waters. Call them even because I'm sure they all do it anyhow!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 9:51 am

Interesting that, Libby. My sis. hurt herself there too. Nobody from the centre bothered to ring up to see how she was, and she never went back.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 9:20 am

The only negative thing I have heard about Curves is that NONE of the staff are personal trainers. They just do inhouse training to learn how to use the machines.
2 ladies I work with went and both of them hurt themselves (strained muscles) coz they weren't shown how to use the equipment properly and you are basically left to your own devices once you had your initial lesson. This is hear say coz I haven't joined but you may get a bit bored coz it's the same circuit each time you go.
Back to top Go down
JustcallmeJo
JustcallmeJo

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 8:20 am

Linda....you would love Curves! It has great easy to use machines, and is a no mirrors/no makeup zone. You will tone up beautifully with the machines a they focus on womens strength (of muscle) without all the weights and crap. Everyone just goes along in whatever comfortable clothing they have and there are no intimidating 'bunnies' at all.
I can't wait to get back there myself
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 6:16 am

Thanks for that apple....... I am definately not a hard core gym junkie and am never likely to be but I would like to get out of the house and they do have a selection of machines..... have done the gym thing before and often felt quite intimidated by the bronzed dollies there!
Linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??   Curves fitness, has anyone tried them?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curves fitness, has anyone tried them??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next