Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:13 am

If you can walk and/or use equipment that you already have, that's great. You'll save money, and walking is supposed to be the best exercise. I just didn't have the disipline.

I have a treadmill that's used as a guitar stand, weights that are just colourful toe stubbers, and although I always said I should go for a walk... I never did. Walking just wasn't a pleasant experience for me until now.

Losing the weight that I have so far, and getting fitter by going to the gym, is what has got me to the stage where I enjoy a 1 hour walk most days. I go to the gym every day, because, 1. I have the time, and 2. I really enjoy that little period every day that is just with and for, me.

Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you. Anything is good :-)

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:39 am

Thanks guys. I think I might try and build up my fitness first. I have an exercise bike and elliptical trainer, so i might keep using them. Thanks for the input.
Loving5
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:01 am

i am around your weight, and have started swimming, first day 25 meters and few laps kicking and playing with the kids as i went.
2nd day 3 laps, and a few as above.
3rd day 4 laps, and a few walking around

now feel better over all. it is hard on breathing for me, am in respiratory failure, so get the puffing thing, for me that is a walk to the letter box!!

i love it in the water, don't feel heavy, can move better, joints don't hurt (unless i kick breast stroke or butterfly then knees kill but will keep going.

i will try curves when i am on hte other side and can move a little better.

Back to top Go down
stew

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 5:05 am

I would not bother with a gym until you get your fitness level up a bit (guessing your fitness is pretty low based on the pedestrian bridge story). Best way to start that would be walking the streets. I would look at getting a heart rate monitor watch (some of them a pretty cheap or you can get them on flybuys of credit card points if you have those) so that you can see how hard you are working and then walk, walk and walk some more. Throw in some hills to start getting the blood flowing once you start to get fitter and before you know it walking over a pedestrian bridge will not be something that you fear doing because it will make you puff but something you look forward to doing so you can see what it on the other side. Then it is time to think about a gym and building some muscle. Spend the money you would have spent on gym membership on a good pair of shoes and then go wear them out!

I am not a trainer or especially well informed but getting my cardio fitness improved has been one of the best things about having the operation and losing weight. Monitor your resting and working heart rate to see your progress over time - it makes you feel good about sweating.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Hi Jen,

I joined Curves 3 months ago and am really enjoying myself. There are a couple of ladies who look about the same weight I was pre sleeve, so no, your weight won't be a problem.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

I have joined contours and they would be fine for you if curves is not..... good luck and good on you for trying some exercise.... I know how hard it is to start!! this is my 3rd week at contours and I am really proud that I have been 3 times per week!
Back to top Go down
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

I didn't want to crash the other thread.
I thinking of joining curves but I am concerned that I might be too heavy for their machines.

Do they have a weight limit?

Has anyone tried them at around 140 kgs.

I am very unfit ( after crossing pedestrian bridge (2 flights up and 2 down) at v8's i was feeling a little out of breathe and had cause a traffic jam). Will I be fit enough to even use them?

Thanks Jen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines   Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines Empty

Back to top Go down

Curves do they have weight limit on use their machines
Page 1 of 1