bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post Op Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op Tips   Post Op Tips EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:49 am

mine is to find what works for you. lots of people react differently, and if one thing that people do doesn't work for you there is a solution out there for you!. e.g. water drinking early on was hard, i found adding something to it helped a lot. and vitamins- if you find one that agrees with you buy enough so you don't get caught out and try another one that may not suit you, or sit well with you. (the store ran out of my usual ones so i tried a new one- everything the same except different capsule covering... needless to say dry retching and a little vomit and I felt better, but it wasn't pleasant!)
Back to top Go down
bonitaymala
bonitaymala

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post Op Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op Tips   Post Op Tips EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:34 am

Plan your mini meals.I forgot to eat the first few weeks and my weight stalled lots!!
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Post Op Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op Tips   Post Op Tips EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 8:10 am

My biggest (and best) tip would be to carry a water bottle around with you all the time. If you're anything like me I would forget to drink in the early stages, but having a bottle with me reminded me.
Back to top Go down
hannykins
hannykins

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post Op Tips Empty
PostSubject: Post Op Tips   Post Op Tips EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 8:02 am

I thought we could do with a topic dedicated to tips you pick up along the way. I have made at least one mistake...so my tip is...

Listen to your nutritionist when she says to buy an appropriately sized bowl. I as using a smaller bowl but the serve was still a little too big. As I learnt the hard way...I was in a sweat from just one or two extra mouthfuls.

I always wodnered why the heck they had small containers and bowls...my aim was always to find the biggest bowl, biggest coffee cup...not any more!!!

Some nutritionists give you the appropriate sized bowl and plate. I need several of them in rotation. And I bought teaspoons so that I dont run out of small spoons for small mouthfuls. The brain is still catching up to the stomach....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post Op Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op Tips   Post Op Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Op Tips
Page 1 of 1