4 posters
AuthorMessage
LynnIe
LynnIe

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-19

Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for the tips   Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice EmptySun 20 May 2012, 3:16 pm

LynnIe wrote:
After 5 years I'm having my band out. The first 9 months were good and I lost 22kg but then it stopped and with more fills my food choices got worse (coffee chills, smoothies etc. in the last 2 years i put 10 kg back on - so got the fluid out and have managed to lose some but I'm fighting a battle. Hoping that they can do the band after 3months but really worried that I'll grow to the size of a house in that time. Anyone got any advice on how not to put on too much?

Thanks everyone,
I'll try the little and often approach and keep it high protein during the day. With winter coming i think I'm going to make up a few soups to keep in the freezer, just so I don't get tempted to get take-outs at night after work. My biggest problem, I think, is exercising, too tired by the time I get in and I'm not a morning person at all.
Very nervous and hoping the band hasn't done too much damage although I know my port has flipped.
Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
KBON

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice   Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice EmptySun 20 May 2012, 11:12 am

Hi All, I had my band removed on 3rd May 2012. I have had the band since 2008, I lost over 20 kilos with the band and remained stable for approx a year, the slowly i have put all the weight back on. This was mostly due to things getting continually stuck, i then went back to old habits and drank Iced Coffee to fill me up. I have lost 4 kilos since having the band removed and i am currently waiting the 4-5 months to let my stomach heal before getting the sleeve. I am hoping i will have more luck with the sleeve and manage to keep the weight off. While waiting to be sleeved my surgeon has give me Duromine a tablet that supresses your appetitie so far going well, I am loving the energy this tablet gives me.
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice   Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice EmptySun 20 May 2012, 2:15 am

Hi Lynnie,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you except I've had my band for 7 years. It comes out in just over 2 weeks.

I am really paranoid about putting weight on whilst waiting for the sleeve. I have put on 12 kilo in the last 12 months after losing 36 kg and do not want to put on anymore. I really want to try to lose about 5 kg cause I'm feeling very uncomfortable with the extra weight. To top it off I had a tummy tuck last year which has resulted in my body rejecting my port and hence removal of the band. So my new journey begins!!

All we can do is try and support each other and count the days.
I am going to try to do as Scott suggested but going into winter isn't going to help eating salads. We obviously love our food thats why we're in this mess !!

Exercise, good food choices and meal replacements might assist to to keep the weight off.

I have even been thinking about lite n easy occasionally to assist but will have to wait and see how things go.

Good luck with your op on Friday.

Nicky
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice   Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice EmptySat 19 May 2012, 11:27 pm

Hi Lynnie,

I have just had my band removed in early April, so I know what you mean re being worried etc about weight gain before the Sleeve Op. I have put on around 10kg (which didn't surprise me at all) I knew it would happen as I'd lost around 10kg prior to having the band removed.

I've just been trying to watch what I eat - lots of salads and I also have started walking around 2-3km each day so I'm hoping that will just keep the weight stable - I find it hard to avoid the overeating side of things but I just try and fill up on steamed vegies as they don't have a lot of cals (depending on what vege you eat of course).

I also try and avoid eating because of bordom and try and only eat when I'm feeling hungry (not starving) as you will pig out then, maybe try 6 smaller meals a day and they should keep the hunger side in check (if you get hungry) I don't as a rule my prob is really bordom eating but I am slowly learning to deal with it but as I said I still eat too much at each meal time but no doubt the sleeve will sort that well and truly.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
LynnIe
LynnIe

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-19

PostSubject: Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice   Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice EmptySat 19 May 2012, 5:05 pm

After 5 years I'm having my band out. The first 9 months were good and I lost 22kg but then it stopped and with more fills my food choices got worse (coffee chills, smoothies etc. in the last 2 years i put 10 kg back on - so got the fluid out and have managed to lose some but I'm fighting a battle. Hoping that they can do the band after 3months but really worried that I'll grow to the size of a house in that time. Anyone got any advice on how not to put on too much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice   Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Coming off the "bandwagon" next Friday - any advice
Page 1 of 1