Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 11:06 am

Hi Helga

Too right, you hopefully will get to rest and sleep at home. Dont count on too much sleep during the first night or two, the nurses need to check you lots, give pain meds, antibiotics etc, change drips. It is hard to sleep more than an hour! I slept a bit thru the day and then day three caught up on heaps of sleep.

Family have been supportive, Im very lucky.. not everyone is that blessed.

In my job I talk most of the day too, so I did get tired but working for myself meant I could/had to manage that well the first week. Im still sleeping like a brick!

Hubby took me shopping the other day, some new clothes already, down a size in both tops and pants. OMG. 10.5 kg gone. Im still wearing many usual clothes, they look baggy, it is incredible. This is one of the best things Ive done for myself, so glad I did go ahead.

When are you in for your op?? I hope you go well and find out new and wonderful things about yourself and how special you to put yourself first for a change!!

Thanks for your support Helga, I appreciate it and your encouraging words....
Back to top Go down
Helga106
Helga106

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-01-05

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

Wow 9.8kg - you super star!!!

That is so good. Only the 3 nights in hospital is good also. I hope I don't need any longer then that, I find it easier to rest at home.

I noticed I was really tired the first week after my band removal, I think its the lack of food, I just had no energy and could sleep all day. That is one of the things that worries me about my sleeve because we are in a very busy job and I spend all day talking to people. Being tired makes it very hard to concentrate.

So are you just feeling full all the time?

Its very interesting to see that the family was really worried about you, it sounds like you made the right decision. I am sure you are looking different, the weight sounds like it's falling off you - take advantage of this early time, now is when you can get the most off!!
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: 13 days since surgery!   Surgery on Friday! EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

Hey Helga

Yes, doing ok! Had surgery 11/1/13, all went well. My surgeon found a hernia that needed repair. From what I read here that is pretty frequent for many of us. I stayed in the hospital until 14/1/13 and went home that day. My recovery has been pretty amazing....meaning getting over the surgery and impacts of that. I felt awesome the day after, considering, then the 13/1 a bit ordinary and slept and slept. Took my leave for recovery seriously, and really enjoyed allowing myself the time to adjust to learning how to strain foods etc and rest up.

My eating is taking a bit of adjusting to. Knowing when Im full etc. I have had to halve my breakfast and eat second half at morning tea. Getting there. Lost 9.8 kilos since seeing surgeon so pretty pleased. I look different! Havent told too many people, no doubt the changes will become more noticeable, but my family are now saying things I didnt expect, like how worried they were with my increasing size and the impact on my health and future.

I went back to work Tuesday this week, taking it easy first day. Feeling tired last two days as full days but getting a good night sleep has helped! Thanks for your post, lovely of you!

Keza
Back to top Go down
Helga106
Helga106

Female

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 11:27 am

How did your surgery go Keza?? Are you feeling ok?
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: The forum support is awesome, thanks!   Surgery on Friday! EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 12:08 pm

Hey JenBen

Thank you! It helps me keep perspective and it is stopping me go into a headspin! Four sleeps to go!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 6:16 am

That is a great attitude to take into the final stretch Keza.

Sticking to the opti ensures that you are in the best possible physical state for your surgery. Yes, you are worth it!

Take care and best of luck for Friday. You will great!
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Keza's surgery on Friday!    Surgery on Friday! EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 5:06 am

Thanks BTgirl and Helga 106. I'm excited and doing Opti pretty well, it is hard, I dont minimise that, but I reckon I'm worth it. Will let you know how I go. Cheers! Keza

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 11:46 pm

Best of luck Keza....
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
Helga106
Helga106

Female

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 4:56 pm

Wishing you the best of luck! I'm looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you.
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 12:32 pm

Just about ready to pack a bag for Friday, if anyone has a tip or two for getting thru the next few days and any other ideas thn on the site to take along with me..
All the best to other January sleeves.... Surgery on Friday! 369315 Surgery on Friday! 217555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surgery on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery on Friday!   Surgery on Friday! Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery on Friday!
Page 1 of 1