AuthorMessage
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

All set for next Friday!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:42 pm

I was booked in the morning 11.00am surgery but doctor had an emergency surgery so I didn't get operated on until 2.00pm. My husband had to start work so he left the hospital about 15 minutes before I went to prep room. no point him viisting on my first night as I slept.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 2:53 pm

Friday will be here before you know it.... also time goes quick. I was booked in the afternoon.... I had a bit of a sleep in.. did a few things then went in. Was suppose to be in at 2pm (theatre), but did not go in until 4pmish.
you will be fine. Don't stress and tell hubby to take a good book or something to read!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 2:51 pm

I had a Friday arvo op too Wendy. My hubby stayed with me till I was wheeled off to the theatre then went home, the Doc rang him after the op to tell him how it went but I was pretty out of it until the early hours of the next morning. Even when he came in on Saturday I kept nodding off the whole time he was there. I was better company by the next day thank goodness cos he had a bloomin long drive each way just to see me playing Sleeping Beauty, LOL.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
weron

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 2:08 pm

Thanks Carrie I hope the nerves aren't too bad. I am being operated on in the afternoon which is a bummer because then I have all day to sit around and wait.My poor hubby will have to endure the wait with me and he isn't very good at sitting still for long periods of time so I might have to send him off for walks. I have told him to leave once they take me in for the op and just call from home to see how I am because we have two girls who will be waiting at home for news so I would rather he be there with them then sitting around waiting for me to come out of surgery and besides I may not be in the mood to see if afterwards lol.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 1:57 pm

Well done on the 4kg loss Wendy, isn't it funny how scared we get of those little numbers, LOL.

I'm so impressed every time I hear of someone watching DVD's or You-tube videos of ops... I'm a squemish sook I'm afraid it would have frightened the bejeezus out of me.

Good luck with your jitters this week :-)

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
weron

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 1:39 pm

Hi all, well went and saw my Dr today for final check up before the big day next Friday. I was so scared that I hadn't lost any weight on the Opti diet but need not have worried as I lost 4 kilos I nearly fainted. He showed me a Dvd of the surgery and explained everything that was happening let me tell you it was very interesting to watch? I am sooo excited and looking forward if not a little nervous to next Friday. Once again thanks everyone I love reading these posts and getting ideas from everyone.
Wendy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All set for next Friday!!!!!   All set for next Friday!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

All set for next Friday!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: