Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band?   Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Hi Care Bear

I cant remember the finer details of my recovery of my band now, that was back in 2007 but I think thats because for me it was relatively easy. I was like you, up and at it fast. That's why I was curious as to how ex banders have felt this surgery compared. I know its different but I have been thinking that I have been through having the band done, living hell with it and then having it out...all relatively easy and think that surely this one will be fine too. Like you said...you knew what to expect...thats what Ive been thinking. I know what to expect...kind of.

The post op diet didn't phase me last time and I'm not even the slightest bit worried about it this time because I now there's an end to it. It wasnt long before I was eating normally pretty quickly...well as normal as you can with a band.

I guess you just get through it dont you...you have to. Thanks for your comment, it was exactly what i was thinking and hoping it would be like. Fingers crossed it'll be like that for me.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band?   Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band? EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

Bella,

I found it easier recovering from sleeve. Less painful - probably because I knew what to expect I.e pain, dietary restrictions etc. I expected more pain post sleeve but I was chuffed to learn this was not the case. I was up and walking to toilet 3 hours after returning to the ward from recovery. Took me 3 days before I could walk comfortably post band!
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band?   Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band? EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

HI All

Its been a long time since I have been on the site but am back (and have quickly remembered how great this site is and how great it is to talk to people just like me about all things sleevy). I havn't had my sleeve done but if anyone remembers I have had a band previously, was booked for sleeve last August but had to postpone...and here I am now, hoping to get sleeve done soon.

My question is for the people that have had bands previously. I know that it is different surgery and everyone is different but am intersted if the ex banders could compare the recovery from the sleeve to when they had there bands done. Only because its something I can compare it too. Be interested to know your thoughts. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band?   Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for ex-banders...recovery post sleeve compared to post band?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: