Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Questionaire for those Sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 2:57 am

1. Highest weight - 123.1kg (it is even hard to type that out)

2. Weight lost so far - 34.4kg

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve - A few days over 6 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Not yet

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? I totally believe it now - I will get there!

6. Things you wish you were told? The forum helped me immensley - no real surprises.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? God, everything! Being 'normal' for the 1st time in over a decade, eating small amounts of everything, not calorie counting, not weighing out food, not swinging between bingeing or starvation. Not feeling completely hopeless and despairing with every kilo gained. Life feels like a gift every day to me - am so utterly grateful for this operation.

8 Worst thing about it? Learning to deal with the emotional aspect of overeating - having to deal with feelings rather than feed them into submission. It has been emotionally painful at times but very necessary. Sometimes I would love an extra bite or two of something special but it is few and far between, these kind of thoughts.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? Not really. I am trying to be more active and walk a bit more, do a bit of Zumba but I need to focus on more exercise in 2011. It is one of my big aims, now that the weight/food stuff is taking care of itself.

10. Do you calorie count? No, never. I eat whatever I like but try to eat 'well' about 90% of the time. Having said that, I have enjoyed mince pies and chocolate and shortbread this week alone and continued to lose weight! It has shown me that portion control is key - I can eat whatever I want but the tiny portions have enabled me to continue with the weight loss. I also think because no food is offlimits any longer I just crave the naughty stuff less. Does that make sense???

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder?

It has been so much easier than I could have hoped for. The weight loss has not been fast but I don't care anymore. It is the eaisest thing I've done in relation to my weight. I never could have lost this amount of weight or maintained it for longer than 5 minutes without my sleeve.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Only my immediate family and 1 close friend. I am intensley private about my WLS and remain so to this day.

13. Biggest complication you had? Nothing at all.

14. did you self fund,super or phi? I went through PHI.

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date?

I am a bit different here than most as I went with the lapband as my first WLS option. But once it was out I was sleeved 3 months later - and life really began!!!

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? In Sydney - Dr Craig Taylor - I think he's a rock star and tell him so regularly!
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 3:04 am

1. Highest weight

About 87kg

2. Weight lost so far

31kg

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve

About five and a half months

4. Are you at your goal weight?

Just below now

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n?

Absolutely!

6. Things you wish you were told?

I think this forum educated me well. There really weren't any surprises.

7. Best thing about the sleeve?

Feel and look much better!!!

8 Worst thing about it?

Special occasions - would love to be able to eat a 'normal' sized meal just at these times.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol?

Not really!

10. Do you calorie count?

No, but still limit my 'naughty' choices to maybe three times a day ;)

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder?

Bit of both - easier to lose the weight. Harder mind-wise, and had less energy than expected in the first three months.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op?

Only my Mum and my best friend (who lives in the States)

13. Biggest complication you had?

Reflux

14. did you self fund,super or phi?

PHI

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date?

Hmm - probably about 4 months. Could have had it done earlier, but did it during my annual leave.

16. finally if your in melb who did you see?

Ian Michell at the Epworth - brilliant doctor. Highly recommend him.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 11:07 am

Don't have time for the whole thing but just wanted to say I was done in Melbourne, I went to Ian Michell at the Epworth.
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:35 am

1. Highest weight? 144 kilos

2. Weight lost so far? 29.8 kilos (11.1 kilo pre-op & 18.7 post op)

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve? 4.5 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Not yet - I am only four months since surgery, I am losing exactly what my surgeon said from the first appointment.

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible Y/N? Not there yet but I do think believe know it will happen.

6. Things you wish you were told? I actually went along to the information session regarding the band and didn't even know about the sleeve so I went into the surgery with basic information but I don't feel cheated or misinformed, it would be nice if the government had an informative brochure on WLS. I say government because in reality surgeons and health funds have a vested interest in the surgery - so an independent body would be good. The pain after surgery but having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to do this again ... I'd just has for more drugs *chuckles*

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Gaining a life and I am only half way there! My health has already improved, my self-confidence improves as I lose the weight. I also "ditto" Diamonds answer - how it controls my eating! Like it or not, the best I tried I was not capable of controlling this alone.

8. Worst thing about it? I could be ho-hum and say "the small amount of food I can eat" but that feeling doesn't last long (I am glad I don't have to control my eating). But hand on heart, I can say this is one of the few things in life that I have not felt any regret for.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? i.e. do you really really get sweaty..lol? I have to confess here that I am bone lazy, I don't even walk. But I see that I need to start doing that. Walking is recommended for everyone, average weight or not ... so it is time for me to start doing what the "average" person is recommended to do.

10. Do you calorie count? Nah. I guess I don't because I couldn't be bothered. I did after surgery but I am eating average foods - for example - chicken, beef, lamb, eggs, some veggies, salads and the only carbs I am having are something say like vita-weet to have tinned salmon on or sometimes toast. But it is so little I don't believe it is a worry. If I get lazy and go for take away or have a few too many cakes etc I seem to self-monitor much easier these days and just say to myself "hey, time for a banana instead of lamington" and to be honest, I do think I am having those things because I just can't eat too many of them now. I mean, I remember going to Krispy Kreme just a couple of years ago and buying a six pack of donughts and eating them over two days (too much sugar made me sick to eat them all in one day) ... anyway, when I say I eat a lamington, I'll only buy one and if I have it with a coffee, I can only eat half and the rest for afternoon or even the next day.

I've said before on the forum, I had the surgery so I can have my cake and eat it! I still have 36 kilos to lose but everything is working so yep, I am just enjoying with moderation.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? I was a little naive after reading some posts on here and I started comparing myself and feeling really depressed because I hadn't lost 30 kilos since surgery but all in all, my weight loss has been good. I can move it along by starting that much loved exercise (ho-hum) and of course and I could always skip that lamington ... maybe ...

I also do feel hunger and if I go beyond a normal meal time that hunger is a real beast and I read many people don't ever fell hungry so I find that a little bit of a struggle, mainly emotionally as I do feel cheated - I don't want to feel hungry. But it goes back to question 7 - my eating, the volume of eating is controlled. So when I do get hungry, it takes so little to satisfy me.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Yes and no. Of course I wanted my husband (well I couldn't avoid my husband knowing), Mum and brother to know, I didn't mind my aunt knowing but I do wish I didn't tell my uncle. He can be harsh at times. Mum told two very close family friends (with my knowledge) and that is my one regret. Just like my uncle, they are very harsh and judgemental ... my family are big and long story short, when my brother and Mum go to their place to visit (they all live in Northern NSW), these friends make my family sit on different dining chairs - metal framed ones because and I quote "we don't want our wooden ones broken" ... f*ck them! I know we've come close to killing a few plastic chairs in life but none of our big bums have ever broken anything ... thank goodness.

Only two work colleagues know because I work on a temporary basis and had to delay the start date and I thought it was fair they knew and I trust their confidence. My reason for not telling anyone, it is no ones business. I am just too tired of people saying "should you be eating that" ... funny thing is, they have their own vices - it is odd when someone can question your eating habits when they are smoking while asking ...

13. Biggest complication you had? The pain after surgery but I don't think I had prepared myself for that, the biggest physical pain I had suffered in the past say five years were two sprained ankles. I couldn't lay in bed in anyway for five weeks and was stuck on the lounge but hey, if five weeks on the lounge means I live beyond my lovely Dads short 58 years, I'd have slept on the lounge for five years!

14. Did you self fund, super or PHI? Combination of PHI and own money. I was rejected by APRA but that battle isn't finished but I am not confident I will win. So we are $8000 out of pocket and that has really hurt us but my husband, who gets a little uptight about money, sat me down when APRA first rejected my application and said to me "I don't care, I'd spend the money again and again" ... it was his money. We only met four years ago and I have no savings and he didn't hesitate to pay for this. Given the improvements I see already, if I had no other way of funding it I would have looked at a loan ... I wouldn't waste a minute of life to get this done.

15. What was your lead time between first seeing your GP to sleeve date? I did everything backwards, I went to the information session first and then went to the GP and asked for the referall ... I am 99% sure that my GP wasn't really on board but gave me the referral anyway. If someone does have resistance from their GP, I would simply say "find someone else". Search the boards here and contact other sleevers and see their GP's.

16. Finally if your in Melbourne who did you see? I'm having issues finding one without being a long way away? Sorry I live in Sydney but if anyone wants to swap house, jobs etc and come to Sydney, happy to do so!

Apologies for the lengthy reply, I need to get out more! For anyone who is reading this topic, good luck with the decision you make.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:55 am

Daz good to see you are doing well I found Darrin to be amazing and I am so thankful for finding him as a surgeon.
1. Highest weight -137 kg

2. Weight lost so far -17

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve -13 days

4. Are you at your goal weight? no lots to be lost

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? I was at a point in life where I thought the only way I was going to lose weight was with surgery, I am convinced that this is the tool for me

6. Things you wish you were told? Not to read negative comments on the internet because when you are in pain they are the first thoughts that come to your brain. That vanilla optifasat shake with only 50mls of water is good, it is like icing and tastes better than when made up as a shake.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Weight loss and still able to enjoy foods that you can't on a lap ban

8 Worst thing about it? the scared feeling that I have of telling anyone I resorted to surgery to lose weight so I suppose that is the stigma that goes with weight loss

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? no not yet bit early, I will be can't wait to run again, the wii is great

10. Do you calorie count? no I have never been good countingcalories get frustrated with myself to easy

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Way easier like BigDaz Darrin Goodall-Wilson was my surgeon and I was out of hospital in 26 hours feeling great when I left a bit of pain but I had thought I would have to stay at least two nights so it was great to get home to my own bed, I had expected a lot more pain and discomfort and inability to get up out of bed

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? I have a few close friends that know I don't wish to tell others, although I have times where I want to share with some people but this is my journey to weight loss and I am making all the choices it is very empowering when you take control of something that is out of control

13. Biggest complication you had? Planets not aligning for surgery dates earlier

14. did you self fund,super or phi? PHI I was lucky enough to have been thinking about this for 12 months through depression and anxiety I had a letter from NIB saying that they were taking it out of the cover I was in but if I changed before the 31/5/10 I would be covered this is the push that made me start getting my life organised

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? I think it was July unfortunately things happened that made the wait longer but it also helped me know that yes this is what I want to do

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? DITO TO BigDaz I am in geelong and Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson was my surgeon
He has a such a caring nature and you can tell he takes pride in his work so I felt very comfortable with him he was fabulous and gives care that you don't even hear of in some doctors these days. The staff at St John of God were great but the airconditioning needed to be fixed- ah it was so hot in there
Back to top Go down
BigDaz
BigDaz

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:40 pm

1. Highest weight -131kgs

2. Weight lost so far -17kgs

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve -4 days

4. Are you at your goal weight? I am at my goal for this point in time - 75kg ultimate goal by christmas 2011

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? Anything is possible once your mind is set

6. Things you wish you were told? I am only 4 days out any so far everything is better than expected, so no whinging for me.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Even on liquids I am enjoying the stuff I consume, not just inhaling it to satisfy an insatiable hunger.

8 Worst thing about it? Bloody KFC ads on TV, the colonel and I HAD a relationship that goes a long way back. I dont know how that business will survive now. Questionaire for those Sleeved 81722

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? Being only 4 days out I dont do too much. 3x20 minute walks a day with a bit of light resistance work on my arms to keep them going (also have a recovering shoulder that was operated on in July to look after)

10. Do you calorie count? Currently I am guesstimating to keep my fluid calories down to about 600 a day but eventually I might just do a weekly meal plan with a 1000 a day average until goal.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? neither, Personally, the opti prior to surery was far worse for me than the actual surgery and recovery to date so far. I feel horrible saying that because I have 3 fellow sleevers done on the same day as me 30/11/10 one of who only got released last night, wheras I was released the afternoon after my surgery only 31 hours after admission, being able to manage little pain with 2 panadol a day and keeping everything down. I really appreciate my luck here as I know that this definately doesn't happen for everyone.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Ended up telling just about anyone who would listen, I liked the mixed responses, the negative ones (especially from some family) were a great motivation because when I get to goal weight and am 15kgs lighter than anyone else in my family it will just be a big F-you to everyone who ever doubted me and my judgement.

13. Biggest complication you had? Despite losing 14kgs pre-op I still had quite a large liver, thanks to the skill of the champion Dr Darren Goodall-Wilson the op went ahead with no dramas.

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Super, man was that a stressful month waiting for that to be approved

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? 2.5 months

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? I am in geelong and Dr Darrin Goodall-Wilson was my surgeon, his pricing is excellent his consults are in depth and informative and his general laid back non-clinical nature means you are at ease and understanding of what is to take place at all times, I was especially impressed by his aftercare, 3 post op visits within 24 hours and 2 visits from the dietician. the nurses at SJOG Geelong were superb also.
Back to top Go down
NQGIRL *Jan
NQGIRL *Jan

Female
Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 12:52 pm

1. Highest weight: 144kg

2. Weight lost so far:30kg

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve: 3 months 6 days

4. Are you at your goal weight? not yet

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? I wanted to but sometimes have my doubts

6. Things you wish you were told? I was well informed

7. Best thing about the sleeve? My health

8 Worst thing about it? can't drink & eat at the same time :(

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? I exercise - not as much as I should

10. Do you calorie count?: No

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Some days are easy - some are hard

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Everyone

13. Biggest complication you had? Tiredness after for about 2 months

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Self funded

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date?: 7 weeks

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away?: Cairns
Back to top Go down
Kilted
Kilted

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:20 am

1. Highest weight: 127kg

2. Weight lost so far:35kg

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve: 7months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Not quite

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? YES

6. Things you wish you were told? Pretty much well informed

7. Best thing about the sleeve? My health

8 Worst thing about it? Em..... nah, can't think of one.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? No

10. Do you calorie count?: No

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Much easier

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? A few

13. Biggest complication you had? Didn’t have any

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Insurance

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date?: Six weeks

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away?: Perth
Back to top Go down
darrenpincini
darrenpincini

Male
Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:33 am

1. Highest weight 160kg pre opti 143

2. Weight lost so far 42 kgs

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve 3 1/2 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? no

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? y

6. Things you wish you were told? best thing i did was find this site surgeon gave me adress

7. Best thing about the sleeve? saved my life

8 Worst thing about it? isnt one

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? no

10. Do you calorie count? yes i do wanting to reach my goal quickly and is working but not obsessed by cal counting

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? much easier

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? told every one was proud of my decision

13. Biggest complication you had? gaul bladder out 6 weeks later

14. did you self fund,super or phi? phi

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? 6 weeks

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:31 am

I have previously done this, but was only 4 weeks post op.
Now 12 months out so updating...............
1. Highest weight 127 kgs

2. Weight lost so far 57 kgs

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve nearly 12 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Yes, I am 5 kgs below

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? Was hoping I could do it, still hard to believe where I am today, still see myself as fat, have to look twice in the mirror or shop window at times.

6. Things you wish you were told? I did heaps of research before I was sleeved, so was very well prepared. I knew exactly what I was getting into.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? I can eat anything only is smaller quantities

8 Worst thing about it? Nothing!!!

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? I am a walker and have been since I was sleeved. I still walk an hour 5 times a week. No gym or any other form of exercise where I live.

10. Do you calorie count? No, just eat a protein based healthy diet, eating up to 6 times a day.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? I had a really easy journey, eating and drinking have not been a problem from day 1. No nausea or vomiting what-so-ever!!

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Only my family and my closest friend know I had my sleeve.

13. Biggest complication you had? No complications really, although I did battle early on with constipation, which I believe was caused by Nutrichews!!

14. did you self fund,super or phi? PHI, I had no wait, already had insurance.

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? 3 months.
Back to top Go down
Diafol

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:20 am

1. Highest weight 278kg +

2. Weight lost so far 115kg +

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve 8 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Not yet, about 40kg to go

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? I knew it could be done, just had to believe in myself.

6. Things you wish you were told? I did lots of research and spoke to people who already had the sleeve and I was very prepared for all outcomes.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Not having to diet at all.

8 Worst thing about it? I have had leaks, but all good now.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? I have been seeing a personal trainer and go swimming quite regular now.

10. Do you calorie count? No, I eat what I want.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Easier than I could have imagined but I did a lot of work on my mental health before in preparation.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? I told family and friends at first, now I do not hold back if someone asks how I lost the weight.

13. Biggest complication you had? I had my gallbladder removed which lead to leaks and spent nearly 2 months in hospital recovering.

14. did you self fund,super or phi? I went public and didnt cost me anything, had to wait but it was worth it.

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? It was about 5 years, the public waiting list is a 6 year wait I was told. Thankfully they realised I needed it done to save my life and got me in sooner.
Back to top Go down
Daniela
Daniela

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 5:17 am

1. Highest weight 134

2. Weight lost so far 30.8

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve 14 weeks

4. Are you at your goal weight? nope

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? im stating to beieve it is possible

6. Things you wish you were told? dont be scared of not loving food after your op, because that was ahuge fear.. i love food so much more now

7. Best thing about the sleeve?its making me healthy again

8 Worst thing about it? umm i truly cant think of anything bad... oh i have VERY loud hiccups if i eat too much lol.. oh and i cant drink that much beer lol

9. Do you exercise other than walking? i try to 3 times a week.. i need to make more of an effort tho lol

10. Do you calorie count? no not at all

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? wayyy easier

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? close family and 1 friend

13. Biggest complication you had? gas pain..

14. did you self fund,super or phi? phi

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? umm like 6 weeks

16. finally if your in melb who did you see
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 4:23 am

1. Highest weight - 145KGS

2. Weight lost so far - 28KGS

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve - 8 weeks approx

4. Are you at your goal weight? - No where near

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n?

6. Things you wish you were told? - That I wont be able to sh!t like I did before :-)

7. Best thing about the sleeve?- Everything

8 Worst thing about it? - That I can't sh!t like I did before!!!hehehehehe!!!

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? - I excercise however I don't sweat, I go red

10. Do you calorie count? - Nope but I don't eat carbs.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? - easier

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Yep, everyone in my department knew, my family knew and now I tell everyone.

13. Biggest complication you had? I didnt

14. did you self fund,super or phi? PHI

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? Approx 3 months but it was my choice

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? Sorry, Adelaide
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 3:06 am

1. Highest weight - 142kgs

2. Weight lost so far - 53kgs

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve; 2 years and 2 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? No

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? 15kgs to go, no didn't think possible

6. Things you wish you were told? did a lot of research and joined this form beforehand, so felt well educated

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Increased self confidence, happy, healthy, no longer diabetic, high blood pressure or cholesterol. Buying normal cloths and eating like a normal person.

8 Worst thing about it? Nothing.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? Yes, did dancing for a while, curves for a while early on. Now walk to work and exercise at work gym several times a week./

10. Do you calorie count? Never, but conscious of them.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Easier.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Told all, open book kind of person.

13. Biggest complication you had? Gall stones after rapid weight loss (surgery to remove gall bladder).

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Accessed Super funds

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? a couple of months.

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? From Perth.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

1. Highest weight: 108 kilos

2. Weight lost so far? 33.6 kilos

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve ? 5.25 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Not yet, but very close!

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? It's totally possible! I'm 3.4 kilos away from surgeons *ultimate* goal and 7.4 from my lowest adult weight.

6. Things you wish you were told? I was pretty well informed.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? I can still eat anything, I still enjoy food just not so much of it :)

8 Worst thing about it? Keeping up with the clothes, hair loss and sometimes that mourning for your favourite food that you can't have so much of anymore. It's getting better though!

9. Do you exercise other than walking? Yes-I am a regular at my gym, love all the group fitmess classes and I've started running as well LOL

10. Do you calorie count? Nup, not at all.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Way easier.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Just some friends, and my mum and dad. It's not out there to all and sundry.

13. Biggest complication you had? I had a few complications whilst in hospital, my stomach went into spasm and was not being very cooperative at all but that was all sorted before I left hospital. Got to stay for 8 nights though, that was very nice!

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? About 12 months, had to wait for my PHI to mature.

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? Mr Geoff Draper :)
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 8:30 pm

1. Highest weight: 154 kilos

2. Weight lost so far? 36 kilos, 22 since surgery in August 2010

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve ? 3.5 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Not yet

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? Not applicable yet. But i know it is possible.

6. Things you wish you were told? Hmmm, I was pretty well informed. And I am able to call my surgical team whenever to ask a question

7. Best thing about the sleeve? The way my relationship with food has changed. Its almost impossible for it not to work!

8 Worst thing about it? The bitchy comments from "friends" and trying to keep up with the clothes, hair loss.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? Yes- we regularly go to aqua aerobics. Havent REALLY done ALOT of exercise yet. But I find I am more active in my everyday life- so much more than I used to be.

10. Do you calorie count? Nup- but if i know im going to eat foods that arent such a good choice (like at a party or going out)- I try and balance it with healthier choices for the rest of the day.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? A little of both.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Yep

13. Biggest complication you had? None really- just some hormonal issues now and one wound didnt want to heal really quick.

14. did you self fund,super or phi? I used my super and my PH to cover it.

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? About 5 months- had to get all my super into one account before applying.

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? Im in Brisbane.
Back to top Go down
Rebothy
Rebothy

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:16 pm

1. Highest weight: 158kg
2. Weight lost so far: 35kg

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve: 5 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Noooo!

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n?: NA

6. Things you wish you were told?

7. Best thing about the sleeve? The fact that at 30kg+ older I can now exercise much more easily, and am able to add that to my weight loss efforts now too.

8 Worst thing about it? Nausea.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? Yes!! I am turning into a gym junkie, loving the Les Mills classes. Pump <3
10. Do you calorie count? no

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Harder and easier.

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? I tell anyone who stands still long enough to listen.

13. Biggest complication you had? Excess skin?

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Private health

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? Maybe 2 months?

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away?am in Perth..
Back to top Go down
Diafol

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyMon 24 May 2010, 5:34 am

1. Highest weight 278kgs+ Weight at commencement of pre-op opti 256kgs

2. Weight lost so far 20kg since surgery,60kgs in total.

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve 7 weeks

4. Are you at your goal weight? no

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? it is possible,but will take time.

6. Things you wish you were told? I was well informed thankfully.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Able to eat anything

8 Worst thing about it? No complaints yet.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? walking and personal trainer twice a week.

10. Do you calorie count? No

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Easier

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Yes

13. Biggest complication you had? Blood pressure

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Medicare,was put on waiting list and wait I did lol

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? 5 years

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? Sorry, not in Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptySun 23 May 2010, 7:02 am

1. Highest weight: 96 at banding, 92 pre sleeve

2. Weight lost so far: 14.5

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve: 10 weeks

4. Are you at your goal weight?: No

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n?: Now im half way there starting to believe it is possible.

6. Things you wish you were told?: To have the sleeve instead of the band!

7. Best thing about the sleeve?: Its consistant even when I'm not and no more yo-yo ing, plus feeling full and lack of hunger.

8 Worst thing about it?: Just love it but a bit worried about eating out with friends and eating so little.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol?: Just treadmill and more active in general

10. Do you calorie count?: No but easier to make healthy choices

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder?: So much easier than a lapband

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op?: Family

13. Biggest complication you had?: None

14. did you self fund,super or phi?: PHI

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date?: N/A

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away?: N/A
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 4:58 am

Janette wrote:
1. Highest weight ~ 100 kgs

2. Weight lost so far ~ 45 kgs but have put back on 4kgs

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve ~ 21 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Actually below the weight set by both surgeon and my own goal

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? No

6. Things you wish you were told? That I would get my period after surgery even though I had only just finished before surgery.

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Everything

8 Worst thing about it? Wishing I could fit more in when I'm enjoying a delicious meal

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? Don't do any exercise.

10. Do you calorie count? No

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Much easier

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Only my neighbour, a girl at work, and 2 oldest children.

13. Biggest complication you had? The fast weight loss meant further surgery to remove my gall bladder.

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? don't remember but only a couple of weeks I think. Is much harder now as this surgery has become so popular.

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? Not in Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 2:11 pm

1. Highest weight -127 kgs

2. Weight lost so far- 42 kgs

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve - 8 1/2 months

4. Are you at your goal weight? Yes and No (not by my BMI but I'm back pre-kids where I was when I met my hubby so I'm VERY happy)

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? I hoped, then I got stuck at 90 and thought hmm maybe this is it, so I am very happy - I know it wouldn't be possible without sleeve surgery

6. Things you wish you were told? I found out a few things post-op like you have to watch B-12 cuz your lower stomach acid means you don't break down as much food to get the B-12 out and that with lower stomach acid you have to watch your health due to immunity issues but nothing scary, I researched it pretty thoroughly beforehand

7. Best thing about the sleeve? I won't lie, I love wearing size 16 clothes from Portmans, Jacqui E and I've dropped back into size 10 shoes (I'm a shopoholic!!) and I like myself more now that I'm in control of what I eat and not the other way round. Oh and I can bend down and do my shoe straps up without my tummy getting in the darn way lol!!!

8 Worst thing about it? When I go out to a restaurant I wish I could eat more but would I swap this to eat more Mexican or Italian food? No way cuz I still get to eat a small portion of yummy meals

9. Do you exercise other than walking? Nope, only walking but I have waaaay more energy so I choose to park the car and walk more to drop stuff off, pick up the kids etc, I just feel like walking around more in my day to day life

10. Do you calorie count? Nope, I try and consider protein choices when I buy food and up my fruit & vege intake but I never calorie count anymore yipeee!!!

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Surgery - waaaay easier, adjusting to eating was harder at first but now I'm just like anybody else (except for portion size & occasionally thinking nah that white bread won't "sit" well I'll skip it and just eat the ham & salad etc...)

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Yes, my Mum & sister were freaked out at first but now they are supportive. My hubbie always supported me, bless him xx

13. Biggest complication you had? None that I know of, I'm still taking Somac cuz if I go off it I get heartburn but I'm fine when I'm on it (I had a hernia repair while I was under too)

14. Did you self fund,super or phi? Medibank Private

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? About 3 months

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? My Dr was in Rockhampton.
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:36 pm

I'm really glad I found this thread... Its been very helpful Questionaire for those Sleeved 63412
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 10:20 pm

1. Highest weight -106 kgs

2. Weight lost so far- 36 kgs (am now just under 60 kgs)

3. How many weeks/months/yrs since the sleeve- almost two years

4. Are you at your goal weight? YES!!!!!!

5. If so or your near it did you believe it was possible y/n? I hoped but was doubtful. Thought I might get to 75 kgs but not this low!

6. Things you wish you were told? Just wish I'd learned about it 10 years ago!

7. Best thing about the sleeve? Feeling so much more energetic! And the compliments don't hurt either.

8 Worst thing about it? Sometimes I'd like to eat more of a yummy dinner, but am usually glad that I can't.

9. Do you exercise other than walking? ie do you really really get sweaty..lol? Nope - just more energetic

10. Do you calorie count? Sometimes - if the scales slow down - but not normally.

11. Was it easier than you thought or harder? Way easier than I imagined it would be

12. Did you tell friends/family about the op? Yes - told pretty much the whole world.

13. Biggest complication you had? Early on I sometimes puked a bit

14. did you self fund,super or phi? Phi

15.what was your lead time between first seeing your gp to sleeve date? About 3 months

16. finally if your in melb who did you see? Im having issues finding one without being a long way away? I'm in Sydney.

Last edited by Caz on Thu 02 Dec 2010, 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 7:04 am

Mick65 that beer will come again next summer you will enjoy a beer on a hot day, you will not be able to slam it down but it will go down a treat. The male of the species was worried about that one when he had his surgery hehehe He now enjoys one or 2 on a hot day :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionaire for those Sleeved   Questionaire for those Sleeved Empty

Back to top Go down

Questionaire for those Sleeved
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next