Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelprana
Angelprana

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-26

When to start exercising? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: When to start exercising?   When to start exercising? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys,
My surgeon is on holidays for two weeks now and I can only see him when he gets back which means I won't see him until I'm five weeks out. I was wondering when everyone else's surgeon said thay could start exercising? I've started walking lightly with the pups (if you can call being dragged by two thirty kilo labrador puppies light walking hehe). However, I have an exercise bike that keeps taunting me...I really want to avoid a tummy tuck so I want to get stuck into exercise so my skin bounces back but I don't want to do too much too soon.
What were people's exercise regimes in their third week like? Any info would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jacquilove77

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: When to start exercising?   When to start exercising? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 9:22 am

i saw my surgeon 10 days after the surgery. he said "you're ready to start exercising".
i thought that was a bit of a broad statement. at the moment i am only walking.

just prior to the op i was doing pump and combat classes - but i would not think about doing those for another couple of weeks still. the bending and lifting of weights in pump would still be a bit much for my tender tum.

my healing has been very quick and painless though, so maybe he thought i would just use my common sense and build up to it, which is what i'm going to do. as soon as i feel ready to go to the next step i will.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: When to start exercising?   When to start exercising? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:50 am

I was told walking only for the first 6 weeks, and then to check and see what was okay to do.
I'm not in a huge hurry to get exercising, though, as I'm thinking it will just be walking anyway - too many other aches and pains to worry about, for now at least. Maybe in another 30kg! :lol:
Chris
Back to top Go down
Angelprana
Angelprana

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: When to start exercising?   When to start exercising? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:44 am

Hi Guys,
My surgeon is on holidays for two weeks now and I can only see him when he gets back which means I won't see him until I'm five weeks out. I was wondering when everyone else's surgeon said thay could start exercising? I've started walking lightly with the pups (if you can call being dragged by two thirty kilo labrador puppies light walking hehe). However, I have an exercise bike that keeps taunting me...I really want to avoid a tummy tuck so I want to get stuck into exercise so my skin bounces back but I don't want to do too much too soon.
What were people's exercise regimes in their third week like? Any info would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to start exercising?   When to start exercising? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When to start exercising?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2