13 posters
AuthorMessage
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Has your style changed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 12:06 pm

i so cant wait to fit into the strappy little tops myself, just have to get rid of the tuckshop lady arms first, if i wave to much i swear i might start getting air borne. has anyone got any good advice to try and reduce the amount of excess skin i may develop later on under my arms? i suppose i should just be doing some weights..... argh i hate exercising. but i honestly can not wait until next seasons fashion comes out, hopefully i can fit into these real soon.
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 8:55 am

I've been thinking about this a bit lately because I've noticed that a lot of the clothes I've bought are just smaller versions of the ones I'm replacing. Not really surprising, I suppose, as the op doesn't change our aesthetic taste. However, I am much happier in sleeveless tops and just bought a strappy black top that shows off my new bony shoulders - great! I'd like to develop a more colourful wardrobe as time progresses but that's tricky - everyone, big and small, is at the mercy of the season's fashion colour palatte. It's an interesting journey nonetheless.

Mama
Back to top Go down
changeforbest3
changeforbest3

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 5:50 am

P S been eating crap and well come to think of it - lol those who know the gastric bypass I have had will know what that does to you. Lets say the toilet has been getting a good workout but the plus is I am now da da da 83.8kilos!!!!!

Have no idea when I was that - maybe late teens early 20's and considering I am 54 11th january I am thrilled to be so "little" lol a tall guy recently told me I was tiny - he is over 6' but he didnt mean just in height (I am 5'5'' or 165 cm) but meant in stature. Bless him - maybe he had an ulterior motive but worked for me.
Back to top Go down
changeforbest3
changeforbest3

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 5:47 am

I am with you Jen re the larger garish clothes sometimes. They seem to think having a huge bright print will flatter larger ladies!!! Yeah right but then again solid coloured boring styles make us look older too so cant win.

You know what a shopaholic I am well its even more dangerous now that I have more choices that fit me !!! Have created a worse monster I think - and just because it fits I need to tell myself NO I dont need it but then its hard not to be tempted. Bought two dresses yesterday - did I need them?? Of course I didnt - now if only I could go out more than I do (which you reckon is heaps anyway) and change more often. I think I need a van with a wardrobe so I can nip in and do a fashion change like on the cruise.
Yep got myself another strapless bra too since I couldve fitting two boobs in one of the cups that I used to have and love wearing even if not needed for top or dress as you dont have to worry about straps then.
Myers is calling us Jen lol
Back to top Go down
shadesailundies
Part of the furniture
shadesailundies

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 4:35 am

Hey you can't beat plus size ladies swimwear for garish patterns and fluorescent colours. Geez, it's like they want to spot me in a pool from the moon for christs sake!! Funnily enough this seasons bathers in Autograph are actually nice, browns and black and nice styles and they are too big for me! Bah humbug. Oh well...lol.

So far there is sooo much more choice in clothing but i'm not ready to give up comfortable knickers yet. Have to say though that strapless bras are awesome! I really want to buy some of those chicken fillet thingo's...oh to have a bust again.lol.

Jen
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 3:41 am

Opus you were not alone in the garish obscure prints for larger sized clothes. They do it to the ladies as well. It's like they wanted the fat people to stand out in a crowd, like we didn't already.

I can't wait to start dressing for my age and not my size (like Lib said) and also to enjoy summer (like Tamara said) by wearing shorts, tank tops and dresses. I might have to wait until next summer to get the full benefit though.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 12:39 am

I like Libs comment - I too now dress for my age and not my size. I love being able to buy something because it looks nice, not just because it fits.

I am loving wearing shorts, and tank tops, and I have several maxi dresses in my wardrobe - I always hated summer because I never felt comfortable in shorts/dresses before, so I was also hot and uncomfortable. But this year I am loving it (I guess it helps that I shivered my way through winter so summer this year doesn't feel as hot to me as it has previously).
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 12:22 am

I know that there are not too many options for men's clothing. So I can say that my style hasn't changed too much. I like solid colors, and classic cuts to my suits, etc. Timeless clothing seems classier and more attractive to me.

However, at my heaviest, I noticed that big and tall stores want to dress fat men in the most garish patterns available. Hawaiian prints are popular on xxxl clothes. I have no idea why. I never caved in.

So classic styles for me thanks.

Since losing however, I am enjoying the boom in selection. I can buy more jackets and tops -- and periodically I buy something trendy from a normal sized person's store. I like Banana Republic, Macy's, Brooks Brothers, etc.

However, the irony is that now in America very few people actually fit in sizes S, M, or L. So in truth I may be once again out of the loop as the market skews toward our girthy population.
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 11:26 am

i am wearing dresses for the first time in oh my god almost 15 years at least. i wore shorts for the first time to work last week and boy it felt good, still a little tight around the tummy but that will go in no time. im looking for a new hair style and a facial and massage to go along with it too. hubby is now saying the he needs to save because im going to be very high maintenance and so i should be, its my turn after looking after him and the kids and neglecting myself. xox
Back to top Go down
jodi lee
jodi lee

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 10:40 am

Oh god yes has my style changed I lived in big baggy tshirts and baggy 3/4 pants and thongs and now I have a short blonde hair cut and I have toned up heaps (luckily) and I love wearing all the summer T dresses and hot pants and skirts and especially me beloved heels oh and a mad collection of lingerie lol. No not like mutton and lamb lol but I do work with what ive got and am loving the attention .................. xJodi
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 9:53 pm

My style has changed. I wear skirts now, and even wore shorts yesterday!! I am dressing for my age now....not my size.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 2:36 am

I only only lost 44% of my excess weight so a ways to go.

I am a trouser girl, but would love the get some skirts when I lose some more weight. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress...........I hope to buy one for by sons wedding in May.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 1:19 am

I hate anything tight... especially now Ive lost weight. I like room to move, and live in Polo's and "Yard" dress shirts, that give you room to move with sleeves. Jeans- I like a bit loose at the bottom, the kind of bootleg jeans... but definately nothing tight. although for the first time since school (minus my one foray down the aisle as a bridesmaid I do have a dress, a little block mid calf length thing... looking forward to wearing it Xmas day!
Back to top Go down
shadesailundies
Part of the furniture
shadesailundies

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 9:15 am

Good question Tarnz, i'm still discovering what mine is...i'm torn between hippy stuff like birkenstocks and classic simple styles. I also love retro dresses and 1920's vintage clothing. I think its one of those things you slowly get to discover about yourself and functionality comes into it for me living on a hobby farm and having small boys to run about after and i'm always covered in either food, dirt or dust.lol, although i'm never seen out in my farm boots...

Jen
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 8:58 am

lol...yepI have actually discovered I am a girl underneath all this fat...lol I go as far as wearing dresses even :)
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 8:31 am

As we lose weight we get new clothes maybe a new hair do etc ...

I was thinking today what kind of clothes will I wear when I can shop at "normal" size stores

No longer will I buy things just because they kinda fit ... what will my style be ???

So has your personal style changed much since having the op ???

Tarnz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has your style changed ?   Has your style changed ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has your style changed ?
Page 1 of 1