14 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

Just a tip from me, dont throw out all your larger clothes....Im finding it really handy having some larger sized tops/jumpers/jackets, as it means I can layer up and be comfy in this cold weather :)

(but then again, I'm a dag, lol)
Back to top Go down
mezzalini
mezzalini

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

I have to go to a charity auction Friday night. Only invited yesterday so tomorrow night I'll be madly searching for an evening gown in who knows what size that can hide my full leg brace as well.

Might shout myself some new undies and bras as well as the sexiest pair of flat shoes I can find.

Wasn't planning on splashing out so soon but I figure I can pass the dress on or alter it as the weight comes off
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:26 am

my style problem today...

I went to shops today first time in about 2 weeks and my hand bag just wont stay on my shoulder. It is so annoying. I can see in mirror that i've lost lots of shoulders - even shirts are getting too big around the shoulders..

So now i just have to buy a new handbag.. lol..

lissa
Back to top Go down
Janojet
Part of the furniture
Janojet

Female
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:50 am

Awesome everyone - can't wait to clean out my wardrobe Chelle, but being less than 1 week post op... a bit premature (well, not actually, it is disgusting!! But I will wait til I can throw clothes that are too big out!!)

J - love it! We know you have cool as fuck clothes on under your layers!!

Claire, can't wait to have first world problems... you are hilarious!!

Jane
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

That's awesome Chelle! Well done :)
Back to top Go down
Chelle13
Part of the furniture
Chelle13

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

I did something today I wasn't planning on. I got 2 new tops and they are size 20. OMG !! I can't remember when I last wore size 20. If I was to guess it would be early 90's. Tomorrow is the day I clean out my closet for the first time since my operation. Scared and excited to do this. I hope everyone else enjoys the new size experience.
Keep up all the positive experiences!!
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Hope so! Maybe there'll be some to buy when I come to MELBOURNE!! Woot woot!!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 1:07 pm

Aww Strawbs you'll get there, stay positive ok :)
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 12:20 pm

J - sigh...I can't wait to buy cool as fuck clothes :)
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 10:47 am

Well folks, I'm just on the pre-op Optifast diet but I've lost a bit of weight so far. My answer to baggy knickers - go buy more. I'll help the economy and have plenty of nice "newish" rags to clean my windows with. lol
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 5:33 am

To many cool as fuck clothes that I can now buy but they won't all fit in my wardrobe...

Although as you can see from my picture I now wear about 4 layers at a time with the way Melb has been lately loll

Answer - Bigger wardrobe space needed.. :lightbulb:

Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:42 am

definately a great problem to have LOL!

Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) 542174 Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) 542174
Back to top Go down
NiCole82
NiCole82

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:41 am

OMG, I actually giggled at this, that is such an amazing problem to be facing. I can't wait for my turn :)

xxNxx
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 12:03 pm

Totally agree with what's been said - order one uniform 2 or 3 sizes smaller than you are now, and a second one one or two sizes smaller than that. You can always get alterations done if need be to make them a little smaller as you go. Can you buy second hand uniforms from staff who leave the company at all? That could be a good way to go if possible as it might be a little cheaper? Or a colleague might have some smaller uniforms they could pass on if they have upgraded to new uniforms?

And I'm hearing you on the bras and knickers - bras particularly. I sooo need new ones!!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:41 am

What great problems to have.

A wise person on here once said...try on clothes that are two sizes too big for you now and see and what they look like...that will give you a good idea re what clothes might look like later on if you wind up with the wrong size. So if you're current uniforms are already two sizes too large (eg you're now size 16 and you're wearing size 20) and you're still wearing them...and you orderuniforms two sizes smaller (size 12)...than chances are you'll be able to get away with wearing the new sets even if you drop another two sizies below what you order (eg size 8)...

It's hard to explain in words but it makes sense :)

Re bras...am absolutely loving wearing soft cup sports bras post plastic surgery. It's the first time in 30 years that I can recall not wearing underwired granny bras...and I've gone from an 18/20 E to a 14C....and I may even get to a 12C if I work at it...

There's also a patch of abdominal skin that's exposed to fresh air for the first time in at least 20 years :)

S
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

If you don't get it for 3 months, I would order your uniform 2 or 3 sizes smaller than now. If they don't fit straight away, they will fit eventually.

I just bought new jeans as I needed them, and wore my shirts super baggy till I got new ones. My new ones were a bit tight when I got them, but gave it a month n the were fine :)
Back to top Go down
clairedebear
Part of the furniture
clairedebear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

hehehe... yup, i think i'm going to go with 2 sizes smaller... :)

Can you believe I get to have exciting probs like this!? Life is getting better by the day!

Mezzalini - totally hear u on the bras! Even my undies are getting baggy!! lol TMI!? Sorry! Fun times!
Back to top Go down
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:27 am

Hi Lissa

Think I would go with at least 2 sizes smaller than what you are now. That's assuming the uniform you have now fits and is not already baggy.

Tough call.
Back to top Go down
mezzalini
mezzalini

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

Hey Clairedebear

I feel your pain. My work uniforms open up this week as well and I think I'm going to wait til next year.

My colleague has had a band and gave me a selection of polos in assorted sizes so I think I'll stick to them and black pants for a bit.

I went to Myer yesterday and saw some gorgeous dresses but even with 50% off the reduced price I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Will definately have to invest in some new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders soon :) I've already warned my partner that I will be having a boob job once I'm at a static weight.
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

get someone to measure you up and order 2 lots.. 1 - one size smaller than you currently measure and the 2nd - 2 sizes smaller that you measure.

Does your work make allowances for weight loss. Like what if your new uniforms only fit for few months - what do you wear??

Back to top Go down
clairedebear
Part of the furniture
clairedebear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

So, just going to put it out there and say - I love my sleeve!!

I am nearly 8 weeks post op and 20 kilos down... this is amazing and has caused me some first world style problems!! What about you!? ;)

Today's problem - At work we get to order new uniform once a year. Today the uniform period opened and I haven't got a clue what size to order!!! We don't get the uniform for about 3 months... What do I do?!?!

Dramas, dramas, dramas!!! lol :))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)   Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeve problems!! (First world style!!)
Page 1 of 1