AuthorMessage
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

new and getting the surgery in 11 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 11:53 am

Hi Laura,
All the best for your op...
Just think, it will be the last diet your ever on new and getting the surgery in 11 days 878453
Take care,

Sharon
Back to top Go down
geekyshoelaces
geekyshoelaces

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 7:26 pm

Thanks guys! I really, really appreciate your words of encouragement! It's really helping with those doubts. I'm not looking forward having to do the liquid diet over the holiday and right now that feels like the hardest part. It really hasn't hit me yet.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 12:14 am

I'm with you Manda. I used to eat chocolate at least once a day. Since the op I've had it twice and really didn't enjoy it. It's amazing how your tastes change.
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 10:47 am

i tell u what. the whole "your taste will change thing" is so true!!!! I HATE CHOCOLATE and sweet things, which is an absolute bonus, before the op i had problem sitting in front of the tv eating a block of chocolate, NOW i cant stand it. My mum is loving it however as all i seem to be getting as presents from my students is chocolates, so my mum and kids get them instead. and i have recieved boxes of them... im not complaining tho, atleast i dont have to worry about those cravings anymore hehehe
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 10:33 am

Hi Laura,
I was sleeved almost 4 months ago and I had the same feelings before that you do. Gotta tell you on this side I laugh at what I thought before. I actually eat anything that I want, drink anything I want and miss out on absolutely nothing. The good thing is that I fill up real quick so I can't screw myself up LOL
Honestly you miss out on nothing except trying to finish a whole schnitzel, you still have all the taste and the God I am full and satisfied feeling after a meal. Doesn't hurt to know that I can still enjoy a nice glass of wine as well.
Best bit, I am not hungry all the time and fixated on food that I can enjoy everything else so much more, losing nearly 35 kilos doesn't hurt the self esteem either new and getting the surgery in 11 days 65317

Enjoy the process
Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 7:24 am

HI Laura and welcome to the forum. I was only sleeved last Monday, and its food that got me in this mess, and I don't want to even have to worry about it anymore. I am just going to eat now because I have to.
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 6:18 am

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels - Kate Moss

Not really the greatest roll model but that line has really stuck in my head
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 2:07 am

well from a person who has just been sleeved.... gee I love saying that.... heheeh LOL
I had 30secs of "what the hell have I done" the day after surgery, but remembered the get togethers that we have and seeing everyone have such a lovely time and EATING! So there is no problems with eating, you can still enjoy your favourite foods but not all of the time and only a small amount of it! So no dramas with food....

Good luck for the 29th and you will definitely be starting the new year off well and healthy!
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 9:04 pm

Hello Laura and welcome aboard! I can understand your feelings regarding missing out on things (food wise) but I look at it this way...I can still eat whatever I want, the trade off for better health, self esteem, self confidence, feeling normal, wearing whatever I want...is that I can't stuff myself silly: which when you think about it is what I did because I had none of those things. Does that make sense? Those newfound feelings (and more) will fill the gap that previously we used food to. A lot of post op people also say your tastes change, which means that you may not crave those Tony Roma ribs anyway.....Good luck and remember that you wouldn't be human if you didn't worry about if it's the right thing to do...it's just proof that you haven't made this decision lightly. Cheers
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:21 pm

Hello Laura!

Welcome to the forum :) I haven't been sleeved yet, but due to be sleeved on January 18, 2010!! Excited and a bit nervous...
Don't worry about your feeling I have that feeling BIG time, like I am not going to be able to finish a bowl of my favorite ramen noodle anymore, or I won't be able to eat even half slab of Tony Romas baby ribs anymore... it's only natural I guess... but I guess you have to look at thing on the other side.. Like all the things that you can enjoy after the surgery... such as all the new clothes you are going to get, all the compliments, you are going to be healthy, full of energy, and people are actually going to be jealous because you are becoming more confidence as such...
If you ever need some support don't hesitate to PM me or jump into the forum all the people here are wonderful and they are fountain of information in regards of sleeve :)
Once again WELCOME new and getting the surgery in 11 days 542174

kiss and new and getting the surgery in 11 days 217555

Yools
Back to top Go down
geekyshoelaces
geekyshoelaces

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 11:11 am

Hi! I'm Laura and I'm 22. I'm getting the surgery on Dec 29th.

I'm new to this forum but I've been browsing. Just reading through this forum has answered a lot of questions and even calmed my nerves.

I'm still really nervous about life after the surgery. I'm afraid that I'm going to miss out on so much because I'm getting this life changing surgery. Weird right? It's like I feel like I'm going to miss the food. And I have to keep reminding myself that life is SO much more than food.

Anyway I wanted to introduce myself and I'll probably be hopping on here for some moral support if you guys don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new and getting the surgery in 11 days   new and getting the surgery in 11 days Empty

Back to top Go down

new and getting the surgery in 11 days
Page 1 of 1