Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
katiemay86

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-05-28

Pain in left abdomen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain in left abdomen   Pain in left abdomen EmptyTue 04 Oct 2016, 8:56 am

I spoke to my surgeons colleague last week after not being able to get a GP appointment for over 2 weeks (welcome to the country!) 
My surgeon was not available at the time but his colleague was sensational. He explained that it is around the incision that the stomach was removed through and it would have caused muscle damage/trauma and whilst I rested for the first few weeks it was fine, now that I am back at work and doing more I am aggravating the already sore muscles. Initially he was concerned about a hernia around the incision but once we ruled that out, we were both relieved. He said it is completely fine and normal and to give it a few more weeks and gave me another script for pain relief which has been a lifesaver. I still have a little bit of pain when I overdo it but overall it has made a world of difference! 

Jewels, I absolutely understand the sneeze pain! Haha you know the sneeze is coming and you just brace yourself!! I imagine I have some internal stitches that are causing a bit of grief as well. Thanks for your reply :)
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Pain in left abdomen   Pain in left abdomen EmptySun 02 Oct 2016, 11:09 am

I had a pain that sounded similar - from a deep stitch into the abdo muscles.  I basically had to put up with it until it disolved.  Worse when I moved/sneezed/coughed etc, but it was always sort of there.  OMG, when I sneezed - like someone stabbed me.  Otherwise it was a more general pain.
Back to top Go down
katiemay86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pain in left abdomen   Pain in left abdomen EmptySun 25 Sep 2016, 10:06 am

Thanks Shazio :)
I was certainly thinking there is nerve pain. Sounds similar to your experience. A phone call to my surgeon in the morning is on the cards but I imagine he will say much the same.
Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Shazio

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-08-24

PostSubject: Nerve pain??   Pain in left abdomen EmptySun 25 Sep 2016, 5:22 am

Hi,
I haven't had my GS surgery yet but what u are describing sounds exactly like the nerve pain I had post my hysterectomy. To remove a large cyst I had to have a large infusion from hip to hip and on one side it was really numb, and a couple of weeks after I started getting this excruciating pain like an electric shock burning and aching , usually if I move a certain way but sometimes just out of the blue. My dr said it was because all the nerves that were cut were "misfiring" as they had no connection and that it would take a while for them to heal.
It slowly hit less and less and I would say my nerves there never reconnected because in that area I still have numbness and cannot feel anything there. Strong pain killers took the edge off the pain but couldn't get rid of it.
Hope u get some relief soon.
Back to top Go down
katiemay86

Female

PostSubject: Pain in left abdomen   Pain in left abdomen EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016, 9:48 am

Hi everyone!
I was sleeved on August 31 (so 3 and a bit weeks post op now), and by all accounts everything went great! I did have some initial troubles with pain, but only because I had allergic reactions to all pain relief, nothing that was caused by the surgery. 
I had quite substantial pain in my lower left abdomen when the drain tube was in, but that was easy to apportion the blame to the drain! Once that was removed, it hurt a little for a few days, then eased up and only hurt if i coughed or sneezed. 
I have found over the last week that I am having similar pain in my abdomen, just above and to the left of my belly button, much like the drain tube pain (only no drain tube ). At times it feels like a hot poker is stabbing me from the inside out, other times it aches. If I bend/cough/sneeze (oh good lord don't sneeze!) it is excruciating. It is NOT at an incision site, rather just above and between two. Occasionally the skin feels "numb" around the area (likely due to nerve damage in the op). 
I have been taking pain stop liquid which helps but even the liquid is so unappealing at times due to the horrendous fake flavouring that it almost seems like the pain could be a better option. Unfortunately my surgeon suggested I don't have tablets until on full solids, hence the liquid pain relief.
Anyway, is anyone else experiencing this kind of pain? I did have a hernia repair and other forums think this pain may be due to that, but just looking to hear from anyone else that may have had similar pain. 
I will be contacting my surgeon next week. It is tolerable, but it is the fact it doesn't seem to be improving at all that concerns me.
Thanks
:-)
KTM

Pain in left abdomen 63412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain in left abdomen   Pain in left abdomen Empty

Back to top Go down

Pain in left abdomen
Page 1 of 1